DOOM 3 > General Discussions > Topic Details
endeebee Oct 13, 2012 @ 12:53am
Doom 3 BFG Edition - Cannot install
Hi,

I purchased a retail copy of Doom 3 BFG Edition today, and Steam will not let me install it. I enter my CD key and when I proceed to install, Steam says "The game cannot be installed' and the only option is to cancel the installation.

Help?
Showing 1-15 of 21 comments
< >
Jordanwts Oct 13, 2012 @ 4:12am 
I would love to know where and how you purchased it, it's not released yet. The 18th is the release date for AUS.
That's also why it won't let you install it. You will have to wait till the release.
Last edited by Jordanwts; Oct 13, 2012 @ 4:13am
endeebee Oct 13, 2012 @ 4:54am 
EB Games at Liverpool. That's what I thought, oh well.
endeebee Oct 15, 2012 @ 3:51am 
I've been trying every day, and still not working. Guess I'll have to wait until Thursday
v_v Oct 15, 2012 @ 4:01am 
It use steamwork? Did you try to redeem your key of DOOM 3 BFG on Steam?
Jordanwts Oct 15, 2012 @ 4:06am 
Originally posted by endeebee:
I've been trying every day, and still not working. Guess I'll have to wait until Thursday
Yeah, Thursday/Friday it should be working.
endeebee Oct 15, 2012 @ 4:14am 
Originally posted by v_v:
It use steamwork? Did you try to redeem your key of DOOM 3 BFG on Steam?
I'm assuming so, because it immediately opened Steam to attempt the validate the install.
endeebee Oct 15, 2012 @ 4:14am 
Originally posted by Jordanwts:
Originally posted by endeebee:
I've been trying every day, and still not working. Guess I'll have to wait until Thursday
Yeah, Thursday/Friday it should be working.
Good times!
Jordanwts Oct 15, 2012 @ 4:24am 
The weekend to play Doom 3 BFG! Have fun! (I will be getting the game too, just not so soon)
Massamo Oct 15, 2012 @ 11:33pm 
in Australia it was today its out in every shop we don't have same street dates as europe
Last edited by Massamo; Oct 15, 2012 @ 11:35pm
endeebee Oct 16, 2012 @ 12:33am 
Originally posted by Massamo:
in Australia it was today its out in every shop we don't have same street dates as europe
It's still not letting me install it, I'm getting the same error :(
Massamo Oct 16, 2012 @ 1:40am 
me too
endeebee Oct 16, 2012 @ 1:48am 
Originally posted by Massamo:
me too
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
apocalyptic_bloodbath666 Oct 16, 2012 @ 11:36pm 
same as me i bought mine yesterday at northlands eb games, if steam won't let us install the game until tomorrow/friday then they should let us know when we buy the games in store
endeebee Oct 17, 2012 @ 1:08am 
Originally posted by apocalyptic_bloodbath666:
same as me i bought mine yesterday at northlands eb games, if steam won't let us install the game until tomorrow/friday then they should let us know when we buy the games in store
I called EB to question the issue and they really had no idea what I was talking about, but said others had the problem... :(
lucifer.666 Oct 17, 2012 @ 4:01am 
me too
Showing 1-15 of 21 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Oct 13, 2012 @ 12:53am
Posts: 21