Xynic.ppp Feb 26, 2013 @ 4:42pm
Anybody have faith that the game won't turn out like ACM?
I kinda do, after playing a little through BioShock 1& 2.
In addition, all the pre-order bonuses are really tempting..
Should I pre-order this at all? :S
(Still kinda skeptical, after how everybody anticipated ACM, but it really turned out to be crap.)
Showing 1-15 of 45 comments
< >
Agent ◌ Trap Feb 26, 2013 @ 6:46pm 
Wait until reviews come out would be my advice.
Follower Feb 26, 2013 @ 8:28pm 
I talked to Randy Pitchford's wife and she said he was very excited about this game.
I was playing A:CM with her and she said she was playing Bioshock because of his suggestions and excitement.

The biggest thing that could hurt this game is everyone's expectations (hype).
Last edited by Follower; Feb 26, 2013 @ 8:33pm
Diet Dr. Beta Feb 26, 2013 @ 8:47pm 
A:CM. That was just a mistake. They tried to revive a line that had fallen into reasonable obscurity. They failed. Bioshock is still around and fresh enough to pull out of the fridge and snack on. Metaphorically speaking. Infinite will be good. Great? Maybe.
Simon Knight Feb 26, 2013 @ 10:23pm 
Gearbox is a bunch of talentless hacks who couldn't code a "Hello world" program that didn't run out of system memory on machine with 8GB of RAM. Irrational Games creates amazing games that are unique and engaging. Have compelling characters, and tell wonderful stories. I had absolutely no doubt about Bioshock, and I have no doubt about Bioshock:Infinite.
Yorutamashi Feb 26, 2013 @ 11:46pm 
i do because i knew ACM wasn't gonna be good... i played the previous game and i couldn't stand more than a few hours of it... saw all the videos and read all the info about ACM and i could see that it was just a little less worse xD but i can tell you that BioShock 1 and 2 are, for me, of the best games in the last 15 years... so, i have a lot of faith in this 3rd one, and the videos i've seen makes that faith stronger
Yorutamashi Feb 26, 2013 @ 11:48pm 
Originally posted by Simon Knight:
Gearbox is a bunch of talentless hacks who couldn't code a "Hello world" program that didn't run out of system memory on machine with 8GB of RAM. Irrational Games creates amazing games that are unique and engaging. Have compelling characters, and tell wonderful stories. I had absolutely no doubt about Bioshock, and I have no doubt about Bioshock:Infinite.
hey hey! ACM and Duke Nukem Forever were pretty awful games... but Borderlands 2 was the best game of 2012 in my opinion... i played it twice straight and i never do that... for me at least, it was an amazing game
Pistol Feb 26, 2013 @ 11:53pm 
I've pre-ordered three games in my life.
1. Mortal Kombat 2 for SNES (I was a kid and very excited for it)
2. Assassin's Creed 3 (I was an adult and very excited for it ;)
3. Bioshock Infinite (because I have faith in it and the bonuses are a plus)

I loved the first two Bioshock games. If this one sucks it will go up there with the movies SW Episode One and the Matrix Sequels in the most disappointed I've ever been in entertainment. Metal Gear Solid 2 was the most disappointing video game for me.
Stranger Feb 27, 2013 @ 2:30am 
I say go for it, ACM looked good before but it wasn't ever really allowed to be played much before release. We know that Bioshock Infinite has and for lengthy play sessions of up to 5 hours from what I hear, with positive reports of said play time, I think it's safe to say that Bioshock Infinite will turn out great, if you're into a FPS deep with story and no MP.
Simon Knight Feb 27, 2013 @ 3:01am 
Originally posted by Geddard:
hey hey! ACM and Duke Nukem Forever were pretty awful games... but Borderlands 2 was the best game of 2012 in my opinion... i played it twice straight and i never do that... for me at least, it was an amazing game
I never bothered with Borderlands 2 because I found the first one just dull. I stuck it out as long as I could, mainly because I had a friend that loved the game, and got to level 30 something and the junk yard, but I just got so bored with it. It was just go over here and get three or four generic quests, do quests, return for reward. 8 or 9 hours of that and I had had my fill.
BozzCollin Feb 27, 2013 @ 5:09am 
Why are people suddenly comparing every new game's quality to ACM's??? It was made by a terrible developer, none of these other games are. Tomb Raider, BioShock Infinite and even Resident Evil 6 will all be much, MUCH better games than ACM in every single way shape and form. In fact, BioShock and Tomb Raider will be about 9/10 score games. Editor's Choice on PC for sure.
SKaREO Feb 27, 2013 @ 6:30am 
Show me a single Unreal Engine based game that did well. Just one. Bioshock is riding on the coattails of paid reviews and shills. Bioshock is an Unreal Engine mod with a decent marketing campaign. An interactive movie at best. Waste of money.
Thomas Mallard Feb 27, 2013 @ 7:14am 
Originally posted by SKaREO:
Show me a single Unreal Engine based game that did well. Just one. Bioshock is riding on the coattails of paid reviews and shills. Bioshock is an Unreal Engine mod with a decent marketing campaign. An interactive movie at best. Waste of money.

Batman: Arkham Asylum
Batman: Arkham City
Borderlands
The entire Gears of War trilogy
The entire Mass Effect trilogy
Last edited by Thomas Mallard; Feb 27, 2013 @ 7:15am
Agent ◌ Trap Feb 27, 2013 @ 7:15am 
Originally posted by substrance:
Originally posted by SKaREO:
Show me a single Unreal Engine based game that did well. Just one. Bioshock is riding on the coattails of paid reviews and shills. Bioshock is an Unreal Engine mod with a decent marketing campaign. An interactive movie at best. Waste of money.

Plenty of successful and great games here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Unreal_Engine_games#Unreal_Engine_3

As for the rest of your post, im not sure if you are trolling or just incredibly stupid so i wont answer.
He got you there XD
Dragonbrad Feb 27, 2013 @ 7:22am 
Originally posted by Bozz Collin:
Why are people suddenly comparing every new game's quality to ACM's??? It was made by a terrible developer, none of these other games are. Tomb Raider, BioShock Infinite and even Resident Evil 6 will all be much, MUCH better games than ACM in every single way shape and form. In fact, BioShock and Tomb Raider will be about 9/10 score games. Editor's Choice on PC for sure.
Because when people get screwed over once. They don't want to get screwed over again. Wait.. Resident Evil 6? ROFL. That game is just as bad as A:CM.
GentleFist Feb 27, 2013 @ 7:30am 
I am quite excited for this game! I preordered ACM and was very dissapointed. This game is a fresh take on an already unique story!
Showing 1-15 of 45 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Feb 26, 2013 @ 4:42pm
Posts: 45