1 kişi bu incelemeyi yararlı buldu
Live a 18 rated action movie.
* Captures the look, feel & language of a Tarantino movie
* Great characters that really fit their parts
* Diverse locations make the most of it's cinematic leanings
* Action is delivered in set-pieces that have a natural flow
* Guns are horribly inaccurate which is oddly a good thing
* Buddy AI was good and the revival system (as copied in FarCry2) is neat
* Nice simple objectives and weapons system
* Great weapon sounds
* On Steam you have to manually installed Games for windows (xliveredist/) before it will start
* Engine shows it's age with tearing and jaggy shadows
* Many set-pieces are too easy, at odds with the hardcore feel
* Dumb enemy AI breaks the immersion as cops charge you
* Environment interferes with your aim but cops shoot through walls
* Cover mechanic is awkward and often fails to trigger
* Violence is hardcore (to men and women)
* Ending is anticlimatic after a perfect set-up.
* 5-6 hours tops and you are done.
Background: Had heard good and bad about it but was interested by the characters and plot. Also fan of the Hitman series by IO software too. Not interested in multiplayer.
Impressions: A pleasant surprise indeed. The console port feel doesn't spoil the thrill ride of a hardcore FPS with a strong cinematic leanings. The story is serviceable but it's the characters, their looks and development that surprised me in good ways. There are a lot of unpolished elements with the cover, shooting and AI but the general gameplay is good enough to keep you playing. While the ending was controversial I was OK with it and interested enough to play K&L2.
Recommended for: Adults only who don't mind very gritty violence and language.
Conclusion: 7/10. Fun, violent, slightly buggy, memorable & short.