BioShock

BioShock

View Stats:
BioShock > General Discussions > Topic Details
legume Mar 13, 2013 @ 6:58pm
Is BioShock Scary?
I'm a bit of a wimp when it comes to scary games where things are constantly jumping out at you. I understand that the atmosphere of the game is creepy but is there anything other than that I should look out for before committing myself to the trilogy? Anything that would make me pee my pants when I'm playing alone at 2 am? :P
< >
Showing 1-15 of 76 comments
I think you'll manage, I think it's a good sort of creepy, a bit like finding out about some of the inhuman deeds done in war after the fact. For the most part it lacks jump scares though(which is good because in regards to horror that's about the lowest form).
JJ0 Mar 13, 2013 @ 8:21pm 
Without giving away the story, i would say any of those moments when you might be startled are soon negated as you will find that the help you give is a two way street. (might sound Cryptic, but didn't want to give anything away)

Yes it has it's moments, but you will quickly get used to that as there isn't a frightening curve of things getting worse. As you become better at combat and aware of your surroundings you'll be happy to look for a fight, even at 2AM! :)
legume Mar 13, 2013 @ 8:34pm 
I think you'll manage, I think it's a good sort of creepy, a bit like finding out about some of the inhuman deeds done in war after the fact. For the most part it lacks jump scares though(which is good because in regards to horror that's about the lowest form).


Originally posted by JJ0:
Without giving away the story, i would say any of those moments when you might be startled are soon negated as you will find that the help you give is a two way street. (might sound Cryptic, but didn't want to give anything away)

Yes it has it's moments, but you will quickly get used to that as there isn't a frightening curve of things getting worse. As you become better at combat and aware of your surroundings you'll be happy to look for a fight, even at 2AM! :)

Ah thanks you two. I guess I'll give the game a go then! :)
JJ0 Mar 13, 2013 @ 8:52pm 
I really enjoyed Bioshock 1 & 2. The story and artwork are excellent and I found there were many times I would just admire the detail put into the game.
giltarik Mar 14, 2013 @ 8:10am 
No creepy at all... Just fun and a very absorbing plot... enjoy it.
legume Mar 14, 2013 @ 3:35pm 
Originally posted by JJ0:
I really enjoyed Bioshock 1 & 2. The story and artwork are excellent and I found there were many times I would just admire the detail put into the game.


Originally posted by giltarik:
No creepy at all... Just fun and a very absorbing plot... enjoy it.

Thank you. I've heard the story telling is excellent as well. I really look forward to playing it! :)
Fat Freddy's Cat Mar 14, 2013 @ 5:46pm 
I find it quite scary in parts but then I'm a lightweight with regards to that sort of thing. I don't normally play spooky games but this one has me completely hooked. Some of the imagery is quite disturbing but I'm really enjoying it. The plot is compelling and I have Infinate on order :)
Malrick Mar 14, 2013 @ 11:41pm 
Nobody likes going to the dentist :( Remember that.
Goat cheese Mar 15, 2013 @ 2:37pm 
"Close your eyes and think of bunnies" lol
legume Mar 15, 2013 @ 7:01pm 
Originally posted by Malrick:
Nobody likes going to the dentist :( Remember that.

I went to the dentist today gaaaah D:

Originally posted by Goat Cheese:
"Close your eyes and think of bunnies" lol

Great advice! ;)
Get system shock 2 from gog.com Lots of scary action on that ancient game.
legume Mar 17, 2013 @ 9:15am 
Originally posted by I N D U S T R I A L:
Get system shock 2 from gog.com Lots of scary action on that ancient game.

Haha nooo. I DON'T want a scary game! xD
i once almost♥♥♥♥♥♥myself because of this game
legume Mar 17, 2013 @ 3:37pm 
Originally posted by Companion Cube:
i once almost♥♥♥♥♥♥myself because of this game

Ah why? D:
Nicotroll Mar 18, 2013 @ 7:52pm 
Speaking of the dentist area, I yelled like a girl.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 76 comments
Per page: 15 30 50

BioShock > General Discussions > Topic Details
Date Posted: Mar 13, 2013 @ 6:58pm
Posts: 76