Posted: February 19
Bioshock is very good game with great storyline, art-style, decent graphics and interesting mechanics. It was fun playing it.
You are Jack who survived plane crash and found underwater city, way more technologically developed than other cities in 60's. He have to survive again but now there are mutants (crawling on walls, ceiling, teleporting, tossing fireballs or ice) and security system which could be used against enemies who would like to slice protagonist, it will only happen when the defense system is hacked (hacking minigame is simple/hard depends on how important/powerful turret you want hack, it can be easier by equipping skills/plasmids). You can also find so called sisters down there (little girls who are ADAM producers, it's very important currency to buy plasmids and upgrades as life and mana) you can save them, or harvest them (it will kill them obviously your choice :p ), those girls are almost harmless, but they walk always with Big Daddy who are strong as f*** and won't let you get to sister easily, you have to kill/destroy him, after that you're free to go).
- original fight system (use weapons, or use plasmids/ spells which will freeze, burn, shock etc. enemy, very useful thing
- weapons have 3 kinds of ammo (good with dealing humans, armoured enemies, or standard ammo)
- hack defense system and wait for enemy annihilation ;]
- you can also hypnotise Big Daddy who will protect you as little sister, but he can accidentally kill you if you get in his way ^^
- great graphics of underwater city
- great story
There are also cons:
- fun feature, why protagonist can hold all that stuff and can't hold more than 500$ WTF? Comparing piece of paper or coin to huge weapon? Can't get it -.-
- not enough ammo, it was hard to find it, sometimes had to fight with wrench and plasmids if I had mana, there are a lot of shops but with money limit you can't accumulate cash for later and when you need ammo you have no $ or inversely full cash full ammo and you find 90$ "can't get it" F****! It's like the game is teasing/taunting you "remember that nice shining 100$? it would be nice to have it now >:D "
- every time I had to change screen resolution options, not sure what was causing that, this game have problems with saving config
- I was begging every 10 minutes for that the game won't crash (maybe it was caused by Raptr, Steam or Xfire not sure but without those applications (excluding Steam) that still happened and adding turn off Vertical sync made it worse, game couldn't stand 200 fps?)
- after loading screen mouse is set like from 3200 to 800 DPI i had to jerk mouse for 5 seconds to return my sensitivity settings
- there isn't any journal, even hint won't help so if you find voice tape and if you won't listen to that because you were fighting you'll miss important password to open lift/door and that terminal can't be hacked, you won't get it any more after picking up new tape => retry mission or search net -.-
- respawning enemies, yes that thing was annoying back then in NES games so it's annoying in this game, when you die, you get back to vita chamber "respawn point", you want go back quickly to place where you died and what? New enemies on way :|
Despite those cons it's a good game, fun to play