rallegre May 17, 2013 @ 2:07pm
sluggish play
i am using win 8 64-bit. game runs like molasses in january. any ideas?
Showing 1-13 of 13 comments
< >
WeaselWhomper Jul 3, 2013 @ 6:48pm 
Same issue here. Lower resolutions help but still trying to find a good solution.
WeaselWhomper Jul 3, 2013 @ 7:05pm 
Windowed it and it worked great but i cant scroll down when its like that.
rallegre Jul 3, 2013 @ 7:40pm 
these both help. definately needs a windows 8 patch. not the game's fault.
Jez Oct 12, 2013 @ 2:00am 
The lag completely dissapears when you put it to 800x600. This is the natural screen resolution. It sucks, but you get used to it.
Hedgehog Jan 4 @ 7:52pm 
Originally posted by A107 Zombie Lincoln:
Here is a fix for your prombles. http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?633464-Majesty-HD-Running-Slow
:health:
They recommend making sure 'Direct Draw' is working properly(it's like a sub program running when You start the game). When I started game, alt-tabbed and closed this draw thing, all the 'slow' disappeared and game started running at normal pace again (Windows 8, laptop). So, instead of trying to fix this Direct draw, closing it alltogether after game started actually helps...
Rice Krispie² Jan 20 @ 6:05pm 
I had the lag problem a while ago with win7 64-bit. I'm not sure why exactly, but it just kinda fixed itself one day.

Originally posted by The Lay Master:
The lag completely dissapears when you put it to 800x600. This is the natural screen resolution. It sucks, but you get used to it.

I use the default res (800x600) even though I have a 1920x1080 monitor just because it doesnt look that bad and it only adds support for higher resolutions by adding a border. So I would probably reccomend using 800x600 If hedgehog's solution up there ^ doesn't work

Lip_Gloss Feb 3 @ 11:34am 
Originally posted by Rice Krispie²:
I had the lag problem a while ago with win7 64-bit. I'm not sure why exactly, but it just kinda fixed itself one day.

Originally posted by The Lay Master:
The lag completely dissapears when you put it to 800x600. This is the natural screen resolution. It sucks, but you get used to it.

I use the default res (800x600) even though I have a 1920x1080 monitor just because it doesnt look that bad and it only adds support for higher resolutions by adding a border. So I would probably reccomend using 800x600 If hedgehog's solution up there ^ doesn't work

I run the game at 1920x1080 and it fills the screen completely. No added border.
Everything looks really crisp and beautiful.
Rice Krispie² Feb 3 @ 12:56pm 
I run the game at 1920x1080 and it fills the screen completely. No added border.
Everything looks really crisp and beautiful.

idk what's the problem for me then, I have two commputers with this installed and both do that
and I thought it was intentional because the border is filled with portraits of monsters/heroes
Last edited by Rice Krispie²; Feb 4 @ 6:40pm
Lip_Gloss Feb 3 @ 10:10pm 
Oh, in the mission selection area, the map, there are borders filled with portraits.
In the actual game, when you are playing, there are no borders.
Originally posted by Anal Frank🚬:
Here is a fix for your prombles. http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?633464-Majesty-HD-Running-Slow
:health:

Cannot open the link. What is there, what will help usß Please tell us. I have only 3 frames and the game is slow with win 8.1
shadooom Sep 21 @ 5:41am 
set these as launch options:
-useddblit -blitmovietobackground
and if you want -w for windowed mode
rbaker78 Oct 6 @ 5:47pm 
Thanks, shadooom, you made my day. Majesty is one of my favorite games of all time, and I was just accepting I have to use the slow framerate. Now it's even better!
Showing 1-13 of 13 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50