IMPORTANT: Savegames of patch 1.03 are not compatible with patch 1.04
IMPORTANT: As a general rule (with few exceptions) mods for patch 1.03 do NOT work with patch 1.04
After many months of work on the new patch, it's finally here!
Installation note for steam users: open your steam library, find "Darkest Hour a Heart of Iron Game" in the list of your games, then right click on it and select "Properties".
In the Properties, select the "Beta" tab and from there you can select the new 1.04 beta (remember to choose 1.04_rc1 - Darkest Hour 1.04 RC1 and not 1.02 - Darkest Hour 1.02)!
Just select it and close the properties, the update should begin immediately!
And now a very quick list of the changes, but please follow this link[forum.paradoxplaza.com] for the Dev Diary that we just wrote about the new patch. You can even find a complete patch log at the third post.
Very short list of changes:
- many ministers and cabinet fixes;
- new events for suicide of Hitler and choice of successor;
- new event for Germany to Repudiate the Locarno Treaties after the Remilitarization of the Rhineland;
- new Finnish and Soviet events to handle the Moscow Armistice;
- new ETA tooltip for units (just select a unit and place your mouse over a different province to see the tooltip with the Estimated Time of Arrival);
- new distance tooltips (both naval distance and air/land distance) between provinces (just select a province and place your mouse over another province to see the tooltip);
- major overhaul of weather and night attack and defense modifiers for air units;
- reviewed Organization Regain system: the new system will be fully moddable from misc.txt!
- added "Disengage from combat" checkbox to some naval missions (convoy raiding, move, sneak move, sea transport and amphibious assault): such fleets will break off naval combat ASAP without player intervention;
- on the other hand, fleets during amphibious assaults will be instantly detected by air and naval units searching the area for enemy fleets;
many improvements to combat logic, with many new modifiers exported to misc.txt;
- new complete event chain for the Finnish Civil War, with the struggle against the Finnish Socialist Workers' Republic, the Regency of the German King and the Baltic Sea Division of Rudiger von der Goltz;
- new events to let Germany handle the conquered territories post Brest-Litovsk Treaty: United Baltic Duchy, Kindgom of Lithuania, Regency Kingdom of Poland, Belarusian Democratic Republic and Ukranian State;
- new events for Austria-Hungary and Bulgaria to decide the future of Macedonia, Montenegro and Albania after winning the Great War;
- a complete overhaul of the Chinese and Japanese Theater, with dozens of new events in particular for 1933-1937, including the Long March, which will now be an event-driven mini-game where you have to lead your troops to safety (as the Communist) or trying to bleed the enemy to death (as the Nationalist);
This is just a short list, read about everything new here[forum.paradoxplaza.com].