Fastmancz Oct 24, 2012 @ 3:11pm
This game requires Steam! Fix?
Hi, I'm start game cs:go and crash game table ERROR "This game requires Steam!" I did Reinstall game and restart windows and quit steam and start steam... does not help. Please fix. Thank You. Sorry my bad english.
Showing 1-13 of 13 comments
< >
Der verückte Ire Feb 8, 2013 @ 2:17am 
same here
Ruroc - Ryan Feb 8, 2013 @ 5:42am 
same problem as op. and ive tried verifying the game cashe, displaying no problems and when trying to lunch game the screen goes black and stops.. and in back ground Error window shows up displaying "this game requieres steam". hope anyone got an idea or a new patch inbound Fast..
Ruroc - Ryan Feb 8, 2013 @ 9:38am 
Update. Redownload and a restart of Steam got it working. hope it helps..
Fastmancz Feb 8, 2013 @ 9:39am 
I now new windows 8 and now Game CS:GO is OK im playing..
boeftim Feb 8, 2013 @ 11:04am 
Originally posted by Fastmancz:
I now new windows 8 and now Game CS:GO is OK im playing..
erg windows 8.....
generatedname Feb 8, 2013 @ 11:19am 
that error comes from running a pirated steam game, which takes over steam in memory to crack the game. then when you run a legit game, you are getting this message because the real steam has been replaced with a spoof one to run your pirated game.
Green Feb 8, 2013 @ 11:27am 
Verify the integrity of game cache or try to uninstall and delete the folder and install the game again.If give the same error contact the steam support. https://support.steampowered.com/

knotwell75 Feb 8, 2013 @ 11:36am 
anyone else getting tired of having to fix game we pay for?
BullDawg Jul 21, 2013 @ 1:54pm 
Originally posted by knotwell75:
anyone else getting tired of having to fix game we pay for?
YES this is my fifth game in a row i bought but need to search a month to find how to fix it
Guy Gamma Jul 21, 2013 @ 2:11pm 
Originally posted by generatedname:
that error comes from running a pirated steam game, which takes over steam in memory to crack the game. then when you run a legit game, you are getting this message because the real steam has been replaced with a spoof one to run your pirated game.
This is correct.
Raging Taco™ Jan 19 @ 2:02pm 
But I get the problem and all my games are legit..
westroth. Mar 20 @ 9:45am 
Anyone know how to fix this?
Ernes5 (BiH) Mar 20 @ 9:53am 
Just reinstall windows ...I had windows 7 and that happened to me but now i have win xp and everything is okay + better fps :)
Showing 1-13 of 13 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50