The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

View Stats:
Innos Nov 8, 2012 @ 2:23pm
Creation Kit Error BGSLocalizedString.cpp
Hey

the last days Skyrim and the Creation kit got updated, and since them i have a big problem with my creation kit.
If i start the Creation Kit and want to start a Mod, it gives me the Error: File: C:\_Skyrim\Code\TESV\TES SHared\misc\BGSLocalizedString.cpp (2times) and c:\_skyrim\code\tesv\bssystem\BSTSmartkPointer.h

Dont know how to fix this ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥, all i founded is that people who have dawnguard have this problem, but i havent got dawnguard or any other dlc and nothing helps-.-

Can anyone help me,please?

(sry if my english arent well, but it is my badest subject....)
Last edited by Innos; Nov 8, 2012 @ 2:24pm
< >
Showing 1-15 of 16 comments
stabbykitteh Nov 8, 2012 @ 3:38pm 
edit: OK. I can't read tonight. Without the DLC installed, try verifying the cache. Go to Tools, right click on the Creation Kit / Properties/ Local Files / Verify Integrity of Tool Cache.

Setting bAllowMultipleMasterLoads=1 under [General] in your SkyrimEditor file
may also help you.

I'll leave the rest in case someone else has the same issue
with Dawnguard and Hearthfire installed. Doh.

Find the SkyrimEditor file in your Skyrim folder (where TESV.exe is) and search for SResourceArchiveList2 and add Dawnguard.bsa and Hearthfires.bsa.
Should look like this:

SResourceArchiveList2=Skyrim - Shaders.bsa, Update.bsa, Dawnguard.bsa, HearthFires.bsa

Then, find bAllowMultipleMasterLoads= and set it to 1
Last edited by stabbykitteh; Nov 8, 2012 @ 4:21pm
MrTallOaks Dec 31, 2012 @ 6:51pm 
Thank you stabbyKitteh! You solution worked fine for me.
ThunderRolls Jan 22, 2013 @ 4:44pm 
I hope this works
ThunderRolls Jan 22, 2013 @ 4:48pm 
It didnt work
Neoblaster Feb 6, 2013 @ 3:57am 
Change your SyrimEditor.ini by this : http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/21741#content
It works for me.
RGoon Nov 11, 2013 @ 10:55pm 
Thx Neoblaster, your solution works for me :)
Last edited by RGoon; Nov 11, 2013 @ 10:55pm
Toasty ♥ Dec 25, 2013 @ 8:11pm 
Thanks Stabby!
CHIDARUMA Jun 5, 2014 @ 3:06pm 
Originally posted by RPGX Omega:
I had to use this one: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/21690/

Yeh! It's works! Thank you very much!
Alpha_43 Apr 21, 2015 @ 12:52am 
Well it doesn't work for me. the problem is Update.bsa/Update.esp which i tried loading with skyrim's Masterfile and it didn't work
Neil Jun 16, 2015 @ 3:01pm 
Neo Blaster link worked for me, loading JUST dawnguard after fixing the ini did the trick.
Awesomesauce Sep 14, 2015 @ 7:39pm 
Brilliant! Worked for me, thanks stabbykitteh
lufo88 Aug 14, 2016 @ 11:57am 
Hi all,
I face the same problem, but all the solutions not resolve my problem.
The problem is the solution works for _english_ version of the game (the creation kit not found the file for english string!). For italian, deutsch, ecc we must add one more string, so the full solution is:
  • Open <path where skyrim is installaed>\SkyrimEditor.ini
  • Under [General] add
    bAllowMultipleMasterLoads=1
    sLanguage=<language of the game>

    for me is ITALIAN so the result will be
    [General]
    bAllowMultipleMasterLoads=1
    sLanguage=ITALIAN

  • Under [Archive]
    Replace the string SResourceArchiveList2=Skyrim - Shaders.bsa, Update.bsa
    with
    SResourceArchiveList2=Skyrim - Shaders.bsa, Update.bsa, Dawnguard.bsa, Hearthfires.bsa, Dragonborn.bsa
Now all work properly.


Thank you lufo, your solution worked for me!

For a german version, add these to SkyrimEditor.ini to be able to load the Update.esm (or any dependent master file):

[General]
bAllowMultipleMasterFiles=1
bAllowMultipleMasterLoads=1
sLanguage=GERMAN

[Archive]
SResourceArchiveList2=Skyrim - Shaders.bsa, Update.bsa, DawnGuard.bsa, HearthFires.bsa, Dragonborn.bsa
pokkla Mar 17 @ 8:26pm 
Applying any and all of the above edits to the SkyrimEditor.ini did not work for me to get rid of the "BGSLocalizedString.cpp" file and CTD error. For me, that error also included "Line: 2871" in it. But I found something that did work.

I found an obscure tip on a forum (http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1400601-so-dawn-guard-is-out-for-pc/) referring to the extraction of scripts as a possible solution to string errors. Because CK was loading Dawnguard at the time of the CTD, I went into the Dawnguard.bsa file and extracted just the script files into my “..\Data\scripts” folder. When I reopened CK and reloaded my project, only the usual “Yes to all” errors came up. No CTD, no BGSLocalizedString error, and the project loaded fully.

In trying to figure out just which script was the culprit, I then deleted batches of a dozen of those newly extracted scripts, reloading my project in the CK between each batch, until all Dawnguard scripts had been removed. Unfortunately (fortunately), my project still loaded, and reloaded, to completion through the removal of all the extracted scripts. There must be a string file written somewhere, but I no longer get the "BGSLocalizedString.cpp" error.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 16 comments
Per page: 15 30 50

Date Posted: Nov 8, 2012 @ 2:23pm
Posts: 16