Neo - MewDeiKai Jul 26, 2013 @ 9:54am
I need help defeating Alduin can you help me?
Im versing alduin and I can't seeany result of my attacks when I use dragonrend
Showing 1-15 of 19 comments
< >
Neo - MewDeiKai Jul 26, 2013 @ 9:55am 
Please help me
Qwar Jul 26, 2013 @ 10:06am 
Are you using just dragonrend on him? Because it's not suposed to damage him, just make him land so you can beat the ♥♥♥♥ out of him.

(Yeah, so much hype for such an "overpowered" shout).
Hellsing Jul 26, 2013 @ 10:17am 
2 word long range <wether its magic or archery
White Knight Jul 26, 2013 @ 10:20am 
There is a glitch. If you didn't let him finish his speech before trying to attack him, he will be invincible. You need to go to an earlier save then let him finish what he has to say completely...then you can kill him as easily as any other dragon.
Hellsing Jul 26, 2013 @ 10:27am 
he probably mean in sovengaurd defeating alduin with paarthanax is easy because you have a word wall to hide behind
Numbnumb Jul 26, 2013 @ 10:28am 
The surest bet is to wait until Paarthanax says, "if you have Dragonrend, use it".
[KNoSC] DerAlleinTiger Jul 26, 2013 @ 10:31am 
Originally posted by Anarchy30:
he probably mean in sovengaurd defeating alduin with paarthanax is easy because you have a word wall to hide behind

Not true. Whenever I face him, Alduin was able to breathe right through the word wall and kick my ♥♥♥; and old Paarthy killed me with his strafing runs more than he killed Alduin. Plus, from what the OP is describing, he's likely in a glitch that occurs during the first fight.
Numbnumb Jul 26, 2013 @ 10:31am 
If he is in Sovengard then he needs the other three heros form Shors Hall before he tries it.

(amended) If you are on the Throat of the World with Parthanax then don't try to kill Partarnax just work on Alduin and the other fellow was right about waiting until Alduin is finished with his speech and Parthy says use the Dragonrend. Ranged weapons are better. You won't kill Alduin here but he will leave defeated when you are finished. You can do it but keep to the 'script' so to speak. I got ahead of myself a couple of times and if you start on Alduin too early he will take zero damage. If that is the case you need to start one save back and go at it again.
Jogon Jul 26, 2013 @ 11:10pm 
Let him finish his speech. Take plenty of poison potions with you. And do not attack him face on. Try and get around to the side or behind while Parthy is keeping him busy. Use Dragonrend as often as you can.
Neo - MewDeiKai Aug 8, 2013 @ 1:28am 
Thanks guy's
Neo - MewDeiKai Aug 8, 2013 @ 1:29am 
or girls
Dragonbak Aug 8, 2013 @ 7:24am 
Originally posted by Numbnumb:
(amended) If you are on the Throat of the World with Parthanax then don't try to kill Partarnax just work on Alduin and the other fellow was right about waiting until Alduin is finished with his speech and Parthy says use the Dragonrend. Ranged weapons are better. You won't kill Alduin here but he will leave defeated when you are finished. You can do it but keep to the 'script' so to speak. I got ahead of myself a couple of times and if you start on Alduin too early he will take zero damage. If that is the case you need to start one save back and go at it again.

I've tried this many times and still can't damage Alduin. I've reloaded a save and came back in a few levels and still he takes no damage. I wait until well after Parthy says "Use Dragonrend if you have it." I've tried spells, arrows, poison and close range fighting. Nothing seems to work.
Chaith Aug 8, 2013 @ 7:32am 
Originally posted by KL*KNoSC DerAlleinTiger:

Not true. Whenever I face him, Alduin was able to breathe right through the word wall and kick my ♥♥♥; and old Paarthy killed me with his strafing runs more than he killed Alduin. Plus, from what the OP is describing, he's likely in a glitch that occurs during the first fight.

You killed paarthurnax? Sad, just sad. After all he did for you.
(D|L{MK}) Jpthebomb Aug 8, 2013 @ 8:17am 
If you want to cheat, press ` (right under escape) and type in tgm, it will turn on godmode, but i wouldnt suggest cheating :)
Numbnumb Aug 8, 2013 @ 12:22pm 
Originally posted by Dragonbak:
Originally posted by Numbnumb:
(amended) If you are on the Throat of the World with Parthanax then don't try to kill Partarnax just work on Alduin and the other fellow was right about waiting until Alduin is finished with his speech and Parthy says use the Dragonrend. Ranged weapons are better. You won't kill Alduin here but he will leave defeated when you are finished. You can do it but keep to the 'script' so to speak. I got ahead of myself a couple of times and if you start on Alduin too early he will take zero damage. If that is the case you need to start one save back and go at it again.

I've tried this many times and still can't damage Alduin. I've reloaded a save and came back in a few levels and still he takes no damage. I wait until well after Parthy says "Use Dragonrend if you have it." I've tried spells, arrows, poison and close range fighting. Nothing seems to work.

I am assuming that you have the elder scroll and have read it at the time wound? Have you used Dragonrend? There is a possibility that you might have a mod that is in conflict with the script on this particular encounter. Is this your first playthrough in the game?
My routine would normally be to go back at least one save, suspend the latest mod, then try again. Sometime you have to reapply that mod and try and suspend the next.
I have had some really goofy results from mods that conflict witht he game script.
Good luck. I will keep watching to see how you do and if there is anythig else I can suggest.
Showing 1-15 of 19 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Jul 26, 2013 @ 9:54am
Posts: 19