SENTAR Jul 25, 2013 @ 8:50pm
If you thought this thread was dead think again....
Have you finished Falskaar yet? Well I sure haven't, but if you have you have something even bigger to look forward to(If you haven't heard of it already).

There is a large group of modders working on a mod that will add the rest of tamriel in its entirety to skyrim, complete with doungeons, new items, quests and locations all lore friendly and architectually sound. I found an interview with the one of the modders on gameinformer(link is below) and parts of the mod are planned to release by the first half of 2014.

read more here: http://store.steampowered.com

Edit: link is now fixed, if you still have problems just copy and paste the url into your browser

Edit 2014: For some reason the link decided to commit suicide over the last year so I did some digging and found the original article right here: http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2013/07/25/going-beyond-skyrim-modders-build-bethesda-s-entire-world.aspx

Also the mod is called beyond skyrim, and is not dead, here's the trailer for the first section of the mod to be released this summer (hopefully): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCRWN2Emgbw
Last edited by SENTAR; Jun 16 @ 8:22pm
Showing 1-15 of 273 comments
< >
SHADOW2KK Jul 25, 2013 @ 8:53pm 
Excellent!!!!!!!, cheers OP, checking up on that now, I just started Falskaar, love it, music too, tremendous job:D
SENTAR Jul 25, 2013 @ 8:54pm 
Originally posted by SHADOW2KK:
Excellent!!!!!!!, cheers OP, checking up on that now, I just started Falskaar, love it, music too, tremendous job:D
thanks Im guessing this news is brand new then as i just spotted it on gameinformer

Estk921 Jul 25, 2013 @ 8:55pm 
I havent gone to the link but, Falksaar is amazing. Also, it was made by one person, minus the voice acting and such, which is one of the reasons why its so unbelieveable. I cant wait for this addition to come out. Calling them mere "mods" seems like an understatement, they are free DLC.
SENTAR Jul 25, 2013 @ 8:56pm 
Originally posted by Estk921:
I havent gone to the link but, Falksaar is amazing. Also, it was made by one person, minus the voice acting and such, which is one of the reasons why its so unbelieveable. I cant wait for this addition to come out. Calling them mere "mods" seems like an understatement, they are free DLC.

yea gameinformer called it an unofficial dlc lol
Estk921 Jul 25, 2013 @ 8:59pm 
Lazy ♥♥♥ Bethesda.... making fans create DLC.
SHADOW2KK Jul 25, 2013 @ 9:00pm 
Originally posted by Estk921:
I havent gone to the link but, Falksaar is amazing. Also, it was made by one person, minus the voice acting and such, which is one of the reasons why its so unbelieveable. I cant wait for this addition to come out. Calling them mere "mods" seems like an understatement, they are free DLC.

Well said mate

Originally posted by senatore94:
Originally posted by SHADOW2KK:
Excellent!!!!!!!, cheers OP, checking up on that now, I just started Falskaar, love it, music too, tremendous job:D
thanks Im guessing this news is brand new then as i just spotted it on gameinformer

Nps mate, thanks for the intel, aye I think it is, didnt know about this till now, so thanks again:D
SHADOW2KK Jul 25, 2013 @ 9:00pm 
Originally posted by Estk921:
Lazy ♥♥♥ Bethesda.... making fans create DLC.

Lol yep
Estk921 Jul 25, 2013 @ 9:00pm 
Anyone know if TES:Online will feature all the continents?
SENTAR Jul 25, 2013 @ 9:02pm 
Originally posted by Estk921:
Anyone know if TES:Online will feature all the continents?

only tamriel, if you read the article the writer mis uses some of the terms, he accidently refers to the planet (Nirn) as tamriel, and calls the provinces countries.
Estk921 Jul 25, 2013 @ 9:04pm 
I dont know this games Lore that well. I didnt play the story in Oblivion and am just getting into skyrim for pc, cause it was cheaper than ps3 and has more options. I never played morrowind either
SENTAR Jul 25, 2013 @ 9:04pm 
I think these guys making this mod though should try and get the guy who made falskaar to help out, he would be a talented addition to this fan made dev team
SENTAR Jul 25, 2013 @ 9:05pm 
Originally posted by Estk921:
I dont know this games Lore that well. I didnt play the story in Oblivion and am just getting into skyrim for pc, cause it was cheaper than ps3 and has more options. I never played morrowind either

previous 2 are great, some will say morrowind is the best, but overall skyrim is the best complete package and the most entertaining despite the features that have been removed
Estk921 Jul 25, 2013 @ 9:06pm 
Originally posted by senatore94:
I think these guys making this mod though should try and get the guy who made falskaar to help out, he would be a talented addition to this fan made dev team
I agree to that, if hes even interested. He spent long enough coding for this game. He might want a break.
SENTAR Jul 25, 2013 @ 9:07pm 
Originally posted by Estk921:
Originally posted by senatore94:
I think these guys making this mod though should try and get the guy who made falskaar to help out, he would be a talented addition to this fan made dev team
I agree to that, if hes even interested. He spent long enough coding for this game. He might want a break.

yea to actually play the game lol
Wotsa Jul 25, 2013 @ 9:08pm 
Doubt anything particularly amazing with come of this DLC. Most likely will only will see bits or a complete province or so. Best case scenerio we will see a complete Tamriel lacking any sort of defining quest system.

By the time they actually finish this the next Elderscrolls will be out. This is the 3rd time people have tried to recreate all of Tamriel.
Last edited by Wotsa; Jul 25, 2013 @ 9:09pm
Showing 1-15 of 273 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Jul 25, 2013 @ 8:50pm
Posts: 273