Originally posted by Jela'n:Why cant you have both? Two very good player homes when you have done the quests and can afford them..
Originally posted by frogprincess_q4:Windhelm is a great house, I like the one in Markarth too. Proudspire manor... meh.
Originally posted by Jela'n:Originally posted by frogprincess_q4:Windhelm is a great house, I like the one in Markarth too. Proudspire manor... meh. Well, I shall keep it all to myself then. :)
Originally posted by Mr. J.D. Gumby:1) Proudspire Manor (has everything even when you have kids, looks the best, easy to buy once you have the cash)
2) Breezehome (centrally located and right beside the gate)
3) Honeyside (a bit inconvenient, but fine)
4 & 5) Whatever the Windhelm & Markarth ones are called (don't like the racist scumbags, er, Stormcloaks, so Windhelm has to wait far too late in the game for me to like, and I will NEVER get the Markarth one because I absolutely loathe quests that steal all of your equipment for the duration).
Out of the Hearthfire ones:
1) Morthal's manor's a bit dreary, but the fish farm is awesome for non-spellcasting alchemists (River Betties make some of the best poisons).
2) Dawnstar's manor nice and central, so nowhere near as much scrolling around to find it or your next destination.
3) Lakeview's apiary is nice, but I've never seen it restock. That combined with being in an out of the way portion of the map that you have little reason to ever be near makes it my least favorite of the three.