STORE COMMUNITY ABOUT SUPPORT
Login Store Community Support
View desktop website
© Valve Corporation. All rights reserved. All trademarks are property of their respective owners in the US and other countries.
- unsub and delete workshop mods from the DATA section of splash screen.
- deactivate and delete all Nexus and "other" mods from the game.
- delete Local Content via Steam by right clicking on game from Steam Library.
- exit Steam
- delete all files in Steam>Steamapps>Common>Skyrim folder.
- delete all files in Users>(user name)>My Documents>My Games>Skyrim
folder. (copy Saves fiolder to desktop, your saves may not work with the new install because of the mods no longer being active.)
- clean registry
- run anti-virus scan
- shutdown computer, wait a couple mins., restart computer.
- re-install Skyrim from Steam by right clicking on the game icon in your Steam library.
- verify game cache. (its safe to ignore the "1 file..." message.)
- check load order from the DATA section of the splash screen: dawnguard, hearthfires, dragonborn, HR textures 1, 2, 3.
- test game installation with new character.
o0o~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~o0)O(0o~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~o0o -What mods (if any) are you running? Or have you been running?
-Has the game EVER worked properly?
-If yes, what's changed since it last worked properly?
-Have you verified your game's cache?
-Have you tried a clean install with no mods?
-Does your system meet the minimum requirements for Skyrim?
-Are your drivers up to date?
-Is your game a legal copy?
Found a lot of info on Microsoft forums that indicates Windows 8.1 corrupts some OS files or they get corrupted somehow in the Windows 8.1 environment. Running SFC may have fixed some of them. There are also serious incompatibilities in 8.1 with various programs that ran ok on Win 7 and 8.