♠️Adekoyan♠️ Jun 12, 2013 @ 2:17pm
Strong enough gpu??
I am going to buy a new computer, and i just wondered if any of you guys know witch one of these two gpu's(graphics cards) are best : Gainward GeForce GTX 670 2GB PhysX CUDA PCI-Express 3.0 VS Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 3GB GDDR5 PCI-Express 3.0, "BC"

I hope you can help!
Showing 1-15 of 24 comments
< >
Du Guesclin Jun 12, 2013 @ 2:30pm 
Both are good. I had bad experience with ATI drivers in the past so I'd take the 670 (that's what I have BTW), but that's just me. If you plan to play lots of games using PhysX like Borderlands 2, the GTX is also the better choice because PhysX is a nVidia proprietary technology. And if I throw all objectivity in the trash, yeah, get the GTX, cause ATI suxxorz.

But yeah, strong enough GPU in both cases. If you don't care about the brand, get whichever is cheaper.
PV2 Collins [4th ID] Jun 12, 2013 @ 2:49pm 
AMD for sure although Geforce is better you tend to spend more for their GPU's
Crix Jun 12, 2013 @ 2:53pm 
Just know that if you go with ATI exspect a lot time spent either waiting for drivers to be updated or finding a resolution to a driver concern. I love AMD for the CPUs but their GPU's are problematic. I know I can't speak for everyone but that is from personal use with there GPUs. They both have their pros and cons, but in the GPU department Nividia hands down.
=T$ECore= Niko[Teo$$.#01] Jun 12, 2013 @ 8:22pm 
GTX for me. They are made for games since the ancient.
Shocks -Asparagine- Jun 12, 2013 @ 8:29pm 
Wait a couple weeks/months for the GTX 700s and AMD 8000s
♠️Adekoyan♠️ Jun 13, 2013 @ 2:18pm 
Originally posted by Mac_Abane:
Both are good. I had bad experience with ATI drivers in the past so I'd take the 670 (that's what I have BTW), but that's just me. If you plan to play lots of games using PhysX like Borderlands 2, the GTX is also the better choice because PhysX is a nVidia proprietary technology. And if I throw all objectivity in the trash, yeah, get the GTX, cause ATI suxxorz.

But yeah, strong enough GPU in both cases. If you don't care about the brand, get whichever is cheaper.



Originally posted by ARmodder:
AMD for sure although Geforce is better you tend to spend more for their GPU's



Originally posted by Crix:
Just know that if you go with ATI exspect a lot time spent either waiting for drivers to be updated or finding a resolution to a driver concern. I love AMD for the CPUs but their GPU's are problematic. I know I can't speak for everyone but that is from personal use with there GPUs. They both have their pros and cons, but in the GPU department Nividia hands down.


Originally posted by =T$ECore= Niko:
GTX for me. They are made for games since the ancient.

Originally posted by UW_Shocks -Qosmio-:
Wait a couple weeks/months for the GTX 700s and AMD 8000s


Thanks a lot guys! based on your answer, i decided to go with the 670. (Maybe i will buy the 700s/8000 as an extra gpu in addition to the 670 when they ar out/relisead) This helped a lot! :)
Kosmozuikis Jun 13, 2013 @ 2:45pm 
This game is not very demanding, i have i3 2100 cpu and gtx460 gpu and play on max settings@1080p. Game runs great.
Thumbcramp Jun 13, 2013 @ 2:48pm 
Originally posted by ARmodder:
AMD for sure although Geforce is better you tend to spend more for their GPU's
Do tell, how are they "better"?
Fanboy bias causes alot of misinformation :(
Lets take the 660ti for example. The normal 7870 is alot cheaper and almost as good. The 7870 Tahiti core meets and excedes it for again, cheaper.
Equal price /performance bracket vs equal price/performance bracket, AMD/Nvidia perform nearly identical, except in a few cases like the 660 ti and the 7870/7870 LE. The 660/660 ti really misses the mark, and AMD wins that bracket.

OP, the 670 is probably slightly better than a 7950. The 7950 was supposed to go up against the 660 ti, and it beats it handily. Get which ever is cheaper. Take into account AMD's nevver settle promo as well.
And both are more than enough for Skyrim. Skyrim isn't very demanding. The worst part is the horrible shadows, whch are CPU bound.
Zaphod Jun 13, 2013 @ 2:58pm 
Just a little support for ATI (and Sapphire). I have used them since PCI was the standard expansion slot. Never have I had issues that were directly related to the video card (well except when I blew one up) There is nothing at all wrong with G-Force cards, but since I have also used eclusively AMD processors (for price) ATI based cards have always seemed to perform better with those processors (long before the companies combined I said this) and while I have not had any issues with G-Force cards either (just didn't seem to perform as well with AMD processors as they did with Intel processors) I just have always had GREAT performance and service from ATI.
Frankie-Z- Jun 13, 2013 @ 3:02pm 
Originally posted by Loot_junky:
Originally posted by ARmodder:
AMD for sure although Geforce is better you tend to spend more for their GPU's
Do tell, how are they "better"?

I have a AMD/ATI pc and an Nvidia/Intel PC .. The only edge is really just the onboard PhysX . which eventually AMD CPUs will handle , as of now though Nvidia Physx software is archaic and seems to only work well with the Nvidia PhysX processor on the Nvidia cards

but for the price AMD is better ..
Thumbcramp Jun 13, 2013 @ 3:08pm 
Originally posted by Frankie-Z-:
Originally posted by Loot_junky:
Do tell, how are they "better"?

I have a AMD/ATI pc and an Nvidia/Intel PC .. The only edge is really just the onboard PhysX . which eventually AMD CPUs will handle , as of now though Nvidia Physx software is archaic and seems to only work well with the Nvidia PhysX processor on the Nvidia cards

but for the price AMD is better ..
I hear ya, but I don't believe anyone that knows better takes Physx into account when they make a buying decision.
It's a forgetable feature that in most cases eats your fps for minimal appreciatable effect.
Unless the game uses Physx as an entegral feature from the ground up, ( has yet to happen) you aren't missing anything.

Originally posted by Zaphod:
ATI based cards have always seemed to perform better with those processors (long before the companies combined I said this) and while I have not had any issues with G-Force cards either (just didn't seem to perform as well with AMD processors as they did with Intel processors) I just have always had GREAT performance and service from ATI.
Sorry to nitpick again, and potentially come off as rude, but the bit about what processor you use a gpu with is nonsense. You can freely use AMD gpu with Intel proc, and AMD proc with Nvidia GPU.
Zaphod Jun 13, 2013 @ 3:17pm 
I never said you had to match one with the other (I had the same point made back when I first implied that ATI worked better with AMD) I just said that they seem to perform better when ATI is mated with an AMD processor. Of course a G-Force card will work with an AMD processor and vice-versa and let's not forget the Motherboard has something to do with communications thorughout the system as well.

There must be something to it after all, AMD didn't aquire N-Vidia.
Thumbcramp Jun 13, 2013 @ 3:22pm 
Originally posted by Zaphod:
I never said you had to match one with the other (I had the same point made back when I first implied that ATI worked better with AMD) I just said that they seem to perform better when ATI is mated with an AMD processor..
I know what you said, I read it. And it's nonsense :)
Zaphod Jun 13, 2013 @ 3:28pm 
Let's not do this. G-Force based cards are excellent cards. ATI based cards are excellent cards. Personal experience is the same as opinion. I have mine you have yours. When you reduce the convo to insults you just lose credibility.
Frankie-Z- Jun 13, 2013 @ 3:28pm 
I know I can mate up an Nvid card with an AMD cpu but I just can't bring myself to actually do it for some reason ..
I like the add on Nvid software but nobody seems to use it but me. same goes for the CCC I like the CCC but most people seem intent on removing the CCC altogather and even delting any trace of it in the registry , I'm usually at the AMD site looking to download tweak profiles and most comments are about how useless the CCC is , I don't even bother to post that I like the AMD CCC tweaks and tips , I'm using the CCC Skyrim profile from AMD now ..
Showing 1-15 of 24 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Jun 12, 2013 @ 2:17pm
Posts: 24