Stuttering and FPS issues gone forever. ULTIMATE TWEAK if you are windows7. A must try.
Who is affected
It only applies to Windows 7 X64 and X32 and only in systems using more than 2 physicial CPU's and/or more than 2 "logical" cores - ie: Core i7's.
CPU Core Parking - Google it.
Core Parking is a feature of Windows 7 that is causing rare performance problems. I don't notice it on my home i7 / Win7 system but some people are getting microstutters and odd behavior in certain programs. Without the following " tweak" you may see CPU spiking in your programs and Windows Task Manager - some CPU cores will be "turned off" / "parked" depending on load and they will be dynamically turned on or off and dynamically loaded up or down as the system deems necessary - the scope for glitchs / pops / clicks / droputs etc.... in such an environment is simply enormous. To the best of my knowledge, there is no known "switch" to turn it off - no utility I am aware of to "tweak" it off.
- Go to Regedit
- Select Edit > Find... and find this key: " 0cc5b647-c1df-4637-891a-dec35c318583 " just copy and paste without the quotes in the find box.
- Within this key, there is a value called: " ValueMax " This value represents the % number of cores the system will park
- Change the value of " ValueMax" to 0 so that, it matches " ValueMin "
- You will have to find the key a few times and repeat the process for each time it is found - the number of instances will depend on the number of power profiles in your system. To do this go back up to Edit > Find Next. (I had 3 instances of this key in my registry.)
- Do a full shutdown and power-off and cold-re-start.
Skyrim will run much better and smoother and so will everything else. Not a micro stutter in sight. Create a restore point first and back up your registry to be safe. This tweak is the best single handed leap of faith i've tried and i'm blown away by the results. Try it.