Zael Jan 18, 2013 @ 10:06pm
Ugliness of Elves
I'd like to make this a petition to what has come to my attention the most in Skyrim: the ugliness of Elves. They look like damn goblins. Elves are supposed to be hairless, slim sexy beings that make us think that Lorkhan's purpose for humans was a slave force for the elves. The devs need to fix this for the next Elder Scrolls game man! Because of their hideousness, I didn't play as an elf. Call me shallow, but it is what it is. Looking at screenshots from the Elder Scrolls Online however, you can see that they're nowhere near as ugly as they are now. They look quite sexy. So I don't know why I made this post.
Showing 1-15 of 94 comments
< >
BoPacker Jan 18, 2013 @ 10:09pm 
what would you do if people in games were still a bunch of squares and rectangles like a lot of us grew up with? I remember playing baseball with stickmen and a square ball on my one button joystick, we didn't complain. No offense, just sayin, it's pretty cool that you can even tell that they're ugly.
Last edited by BoPacker; Jan 18, 2013 @ 10:11pm
Gus the Crocodile Jan 18, 2013 @ 10:11pm 
Whereas to me, not sticking to fantasy cliches seems like a positive thing.
Roscaria Jan 18, 2013 @ 10:13pm 
Elves were always thought to be a handsome race although with pointed ears, but I agree the ones in Skyrim are butt ugly and their faces are so narrow. A bit Punch & Judy type face.
Method Man Jan 18, 2013 @ 10:15pm 
I agree totally...facial hair helps but the eyes are what get me. They're like Asian goblins.
egd Jan 18, 2013 @ 10:48pm 
Yeah, I agree. I'd never play an elf. They're too darned ugly. No reason to make them look like that.
Ants in my eyes Johnson Jan 18, 2013 @ 10:51pm 
Since when are elves hairless?
Zael Jan 18, 2013 @ 10:52pm 
Originally posted by egd:
Yeah, I agree. I'd never play an elf. They're too darned ugly. No reason to make them look like that.

Lol it's like they didn't want us to play as elves. I want to see the devs who came up with the look of the elves. He must get slapped in the face with dead fish. But I mean, with adjustments, you can make the elves look bearable lol. But, it's a lot of adjusting from the looks of it.
Zael Jan 18, 2013 @ 10:54pm 
Originally posted by Bacon Pancakes:
Since when are elves hairless?

Well, I mean they have hair on their heads, but they represent I guess, a more "advanced" humanoid species? They don't require hair or any other "mundane" features. Kind of like comparing us to apes. We're nowhere near hairy as them. Also, in Eragon, the second or third book, he's takes a bath with an old dude and he notices he doesn't have pubes. So I'm just assuming.
neilbert1 Jan 18, 2013 @ 10:58pm 
Well, just use a mod to fix their looks - I use The Ethereal Elven Overhaul by nuska - now when I play dark elves (my favorite race), they are much better looking, and the females are actually somewhat attractive (well, as attractive as someone with grey skin and red eyes can be, anyhow). The elves still look distinctively Elvish, but this mod gets rid of the ugliness!
Sparhawk122 Jan 18, 2013 @ 10:59pm 
This game is not Lord of the Rings. As such I think the Elves look fine. They've got their own unique look and they aren't all supermodels like is the cliché or stereotype for Elves. TES is its own game and should not have to abide to societal prejudice just so certain individuals can get off from looking at an attractive NPC. To be quite honest except for graphical differences Elves look as they did in Morrowind and Oblivion and for them to be completely different in look and feel you would lose that TES Elve vibe.
neilbert1 Jan 18, 2013 @ 11:07pm 
Originally posted by Sparhawk122:
This game is not Lord of the Rings. As such I think the Elves look fine. They've got their own unique look and they aren't all supermodels like is the cliché or stereotype for Elves. TES is its own game and should not have to abide to societal prejudice just so certain individuals can get off from looking at an attractive NPC. To be quite honest except for graphical differences Elves look as they did in Morrowind and Oblivion and for them to be completely different in look and feel you would lose that TES Elve vibe.

Well, they don't have to be supermodels - we just don't want them to be hideous! The Dunmer I have made using nuska's mod, while definitely not supermodels, at least are somewhat attractive looking, and don't look like Klingons anymore. I'm sorry, but the vanilla Elves in Skyrim are just ugly, especially the poor Dark Elves - they were so ugly, ORCS would have made fun of them!
Zael Jan 18, 2013 @ 11:12pm 
Originally posted by Sparhawk122:
This game is not Lord of the Rings. As such I think the Elves look fine. They've got their own unique look and they aren't all supermodels like is the cliché or stereotype for Elves. TES is its own game and should not have to abide to societal prejudice just so certain individuals can get off from looking at an attractive NPC. To be quite honest except for graphical differences Elves look as they did in Morrowind and Oblivion and for them to be completely different in look and feel you would lose that TES Elve vibe.

SO what if I get off on elves? And it's even about TES being it's own game. When we think of elves, we have a certain picture in our heads. Then, when you go to the character selection and you just GLANCE at them; how can you not say "W...T...F...". They don't have to be supermodels, but make them a tiny bit attractive. I want to play an elf; not a goblin from Runescape.
Zael Jan 18, 2013 @ 11:13pm 
Originally posted by neilbert1:
Well, just use a mod to fix their looks - I use The Ethereal Elven Overhaul by nuska - now when I play dark elves (my favorite race), they are much better looking, and the females are actually somewhat attractive (well, as attractive as someone with grey skin and red eyes can be, anyhow). The elves still look distinctively Elvish, but this mod gets rid of the ugliness!

I checked it out! Looks nice. Poor Irileth though. Couldn't help her much. I never noticed the bone structures for elves until I saw those screenies. They have more pronounced bones on their brows and nose. Hm.
Sandcat Jan 18, 2013 @ 11:48pm 
Though I agree their eyes are strange and such, I don't think they are ugly. Change is good sometimes.
Hemo Goblin Jan 18, 2013 @ 11:55pm 
Theres a mod for that
Showing 1-15 of 94 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Jan 18, 2013 @ 10:06pm
Posts: 94