The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

View Stats:
Suneater May 4, 2013 @ 5:29pm
Mod request!
Heya all,

I was just curious if there are any modders out there that can make a mod that would let us know if we've already learned a spell from a tome, which saves us accidentally buying a spell we already have.

While I'm handy enough with the Creation Kit, this seems to be out of my reach. I'm not sure if this would actually NEED a script extender or not, but if it can be made without one to keep it as user friendly as possible, that'd be great.

I'll throw a copy of Dota 2 over to whoever manages to make this or find one that's already made, or both!

Cheers lads, have a good one!
< >
Showing 1-14 of 14 comments
Pieni Mursu May 4, 2013 @ 5:42pm 
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=89500658
Looking at the comments it seems like some people are having problems, but then again, is there any mod that someone wouldn't be having problems with? (Although is has over 2500 subscribers, so obviously it's not broken for everyone.) It also seems that the mod's description is out of date, in that the mod now adds an asterisk (*) in the scroll's name, instead of the shown "(known)" tag.

Here's a link to the Nexus version in case you want to use that.[skyrim.nexusmods.com] Although the Nexus file is version 1.0, meaning that if the author really changed the tagging system, then he didn't update the file on Nexus.
Last edited by Pieni Mursu; May 4, 2013 @ 5:44pm
Suneater May 4, 2013 @ 5:46pm 
Originally posted by Pieni Mursu:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=89500658
Looking at the comments it seems like some people are having problems, but then again, is there any mod that someone wouldn't be having problems with? (Although is has over 2500 subscribers, so obviously it's not broken for everyone.) It also seems that the mod's description is out of date, in that the mod now adds an asterisk (*) in the scroll's name, instead of the shown "(known)" tag.

Here's a link to the Nexus version in case you want to use that.[skyrim.nexusmods.com]

Should have mentioned that I'd actually seen this before, but the script extender plays havoc on my up to date version of Skyrim. I'll send you a copy of Dota 2, anyway. Lord knows I've got plenty of 'em.
Pieni Mursu May 4, 2013 @ 5:54pm 
Originally posted by Brân:
I'll send you a copy of Dota 2, anyway. Lord knows I've got plenty of 'em.
Oh, no thanks, I have no interest in that game.
Suneater May 4, 2013 @ 5:55pm 
Originally posted by Pieni Mursu:
Originally posted by Brân:
I'll send you a copy of Dota 2, anyway. Lord knows I've got plenty of 'em.
Oh, no thanks, I have no interest in that game.

No problem. Cheers for the post, keep me posted if you find anything else!
Cmoney919 May 4, 2013 @ 6:23pm 
If you use the mod SkyUI it will mark which books you've read with an eyeball icon :) Also it provides many other features such as an in-game mod manager :)
Cmoney919 May 4, 2013 @ 6:25pm 
Suneater May 4, 2013 @ 6:31pm 
Originally posted by Cmoney919:
If you use the mod SkyUI it will mark which books you've read with an eyeball icon :) Also it provides many other features such as an in-game mod manager :)

I actually hadn't considered that. Unfortunatly though, it needs a script extender, and for reasons unknown my version/computer/life really doesn't want to play nice with it.

You want a copy of Dota 2? I've got so many of these things I'll give 'em away like sweets!
Cmoney919 May 4, 2013 @ 6:34pm 
I've got one thank you :) Out of curiousity, did you transfer the SRC folder to your Skyrim folder when installing SKSE? My computer wouldn't run it until I did, and I was originally told that the SRC folder wasn't needed.
Suneater May 4, 2013 @ 6:38pm 
Originally posted by Cmoney919:
I've got one thank you :) Out of curiousity, did you transfer the SRC folder to your Skyrim folder when installing SKSE? My computer wouldn't run it until I did, and I was originally told that the SRC folder wasn't needed.

Yup. I spent a good few hours trying to work it out and I just got fed up with it in the end and gave up. Hopefully I won't be needing to go back into it though, un-installed/re-installed so many things that day I could have lost all will to live!
Cmoney919 May 4, 2013 @ 6:40pm 
Haha, I know the feeling! The mods can be great once they work but when they break or are disfunctional it's more of a hassle than it's worth! xD
Suneater May 4, 2013 @ 6:42pm 
Tell me about it. It can be a real time killer!
Cmoney919 May 4, 2013 @ 6:45pm 
Here's one more potential option that I could find, this one supposedly doesn't require SKSE :) http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=9846&searchtext=Unread+books+glow Unfortunately, I don't know if they'll glow in the barter menu :/
Last edited by Cmoney919; May 4, 2013 @ 6:46pm
Pieni Mursu May 4, 2013 @ 6:48pm 
Originally posted by Cmoney919:
Here's one more potential option that I could find, this one supposedly doesn't require SKSE :) http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=9846&searchtext=Unread+books+glow Unfortunately, I don't know if they'll glow in the barter menu :/
I'm using that mod myself, but unfortunately it doesn't show whether you've already read something in the barter menu. From the Limitations: * Books in containers and merchant inventories are usually not recognized as unread.
Last edited by Pieni Mursu; May 4, 2013 @ 6:48pm
Suneater May 4, 2013 @ 6:51pm 
Originally posted by Pieni Mursu:
Originally posted by Cmoney919:
Here's one more potential option that I could find, this one supposedly doesn't require SKSE :) http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=9846&searchtext=Unread+books+glow Unfortunately, I don't know if they'll glow in the barter menu :/
I'm using that mod myself, but unfortunately it doesn't show whether you've already read something in the barter menu. From the Limitations: * Books in containers and merchant inventories are usually not
recognized as unread.

Tried it earlier. The only way I could find out was if I bought it, then dropped it. Close enough, but not quite! lol
< >
Showing 1-14 of 14 comments
Per page: 15 30 50

Date Posted: May 4, 2013 @ 5:29pm
Posts: 14