The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

View Stats:
Mega Tengu Oct 17, 2013 @ 1:46pm
CTD in miraak's temple
After I follow frea into the temple it loads, but it crashes before the loading ends
< >
Showing 1-15 of 17 comments
Mr. マリック Oct 17, 2013 @ 1:48pm 
This probably was just a regular crash-to-desktop. If you had any mods, there's the possibility it had some sort of incompatability with dragonborn, or a mod required something else but was just dormant until now.
Mega Tengu Oct 17, 2013 @ 1:52pm 
Originally posted by Omnihah:
This probably was just a regular crash-to-desktop. If you had any mods, there's the possibility it had some sort of incompatability with dragonborn, or a mod required something else but was just dormant until now.
Like what?
Mr. マリック Oct 17, 2013 @ 1:54pm 
Skyrim isn't a 100% stable game. At best, 90%. Some mods do things that dragonborn, dawnguard, and hearthfire do. If you have the time, list the mods you have and the dlc's below and i should be able to pick out what might be wrong. You can also try getting BOSS. It's free and sorts your mods for you, might be better then me but just an idea.
Mega Tengu Oct 17, 2013 @ 1:58pm 
Originally posted by Omnihah:
Skyrim isn't a 100% stable game. At best, 90%. Some mods do things that dragonborn, dawnguard, and hearthfire do. If you have the time, list the mods you have and the dlc's below and i should be able to pick out what might be wrong. You can also try getting BOSS. It's free and sorts your mods for you, might be better then me but just an idea.
all of the mods? oh dear... and the manually installed one's?
Last edited by Mega Tengu; Oct 17, 2013 @ 1:59pm
Mr. マリック Oct 17, 2013 @ 1:58pm 
I take it you have a lot?
Mr. マリック Oct 17, 2013 @ 1:58pm 
If so, just list your major mods.
Mega Tengu Oct 17, 2013 @ 1:59pm 
I'll list the one's that does things to dragonborn
Mr. マリック Oct 17, 2013 @ 1:59pm 
And BOSS could probably help you out as well, just search up BOSS Skyrim in google and it should come up.
Mr. マリック Oct 17, 2013 @ 1:59pm 
And some others that do stuff to your other dlc's as they could have impacted it.
Mega Tengu Oct 17, 2013 @ 2:03pm 
skyrim overhall dragonborn
more ingredients from animals (dragonborn)
morrowind imports
lanterns of solstheim
fast travel from everywhere
unofficial dragonborn patch
extra encounters dragonborn
skyrim overhaul factions
sounds of skyrim dungeons
Mr. マリック Oct 17, 2013 @ 2:05pm 
None of them seem to interfere with themselves. Seriously though, try BOSS. Or try starting skyrim again and if it crashes again, try verifying the game cache.
Mega Tengu Oct 17, 2013 @ 2:06pm 
I'll try it tommorow its 12 AM here
Mr. マリック Oct 17, 2013 @ 2:06pm 
Oh, do that then as sleep is just as important.
fran25 Oct 17, 2013 @ 2:18pm 
There is a mod called Thailmore check point. If you go to it fine and you get to kill a lot of them.

The only problem is there is a cave close by and if you get that quest to go there the game will CTD every time.

The answer is to take the Thailmore Check Point off and go to the cave and complete the quest.

Then you can put the Thailmore check point on again and go kill them a 2nd time. After 30 game days go kill them again.

See if you have something in the game that you added that is close to the temple take it off and that should solve your problem.
Last edited by fran25; Oct 17, 2013 @ 2:19pm
Originally posted by Omnihah:
Oh, do that then as sleep is just as important.
Are we suppose to sleep. I thought that was just a choice. Since playing this game I get very little sleep. Sleep isn't important. LOL
< >
Showing 1-15 of 17 comments
Per page: 15 30 50

Date Posted: Oct 17, 2013 @ 1:46pm
Posts: 17