[-TT-]Chill_Hill Jan 15, 2014 @ 6:07am
SkyRe
Been looking into this mod and I gotta say, this looks amazing, not sure why I haven't looked into it before.
Has anyone used or is currently using this mod? Any issues with certain mod compatibility or issues that you've encountered?
Mainly I am curious to how wayfarer tree looks and how the new take on magic works.
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
< >
Mumbles Jan 15, 2014 @ 9:20am 
I think its awesome - and its pretty much an integral part of my setup now. I've tried ACE (which was great but lacking in the end) + Requiem (which I felt was a bit meh after a couple of playthroughs tbh) - SkyRe wins hands down and I will probably never play Skyrim without it!

It is however quite a bit of work to get going - especially in conjunction with all the other mods you may be using. But there's also plenty of awesome mods that are compatible with it so if you did have to ditch anything - I'm sure there's something to replace it adequately. The Reproccer + Uncapper can take some getting used to but once its all set up right its a whole new world.

Its also no longer supported by the author - there are fixes floating around in other places for some of the bugs that have popped up since he moved on to other things - but like I said - it takes a fair bit of setting up. After half a dozen lengthy runs with various character builds I haven't come across anything massively game breaking & I've still got new stuff & approaches to try out as well.

Aside from my raving - as to your questions specifically ... Wayfarer is great and a lot of fun for roleplaying rangers, hunters etc - coupled with the Frostfall mod then some parts of it are essential for outdoor survival. The magic schools have an interesting redo & its certainly allows for more creative gameplay than vanilla - but if we're being honest - vanilla magic had less variety than a pack of skittles.

... and yes ... Restoration IS a PERFECTLY VALID school of magic!! ;-)
Adam Jan 15, 2014 @ 9:25am 
very good mod! there are some complications with installing, but with latest version it became easier. playing with it for a long time already.
[-TT-]Chill_Hill Jan 15, 2014 @ 10:05am 
Originally posted by Fiddler:
I think its awesome - and its pretty much an integral part of my setup now. I've tried ACE (which was great but lacking in the end) + Requiem (which I felt was a bit meh after a couple of playthroughs tbh) - SkyRe wins hands down and I will probably never play Skyrim without it!

It is however quite a bit of work to get going - especially in conjunction with all the other mods you may be using. But there's also plenty of awesome mods that are compatible with it so if you did have to ditch anything - I'm sure there's something to replace it adequately. The Reproccer + Uncapper can take some getting used to but once its all set up right its a whole new world.

Its also no longer supported by the author - there are fixes floating around in other places for some of the bugs that have popped up since he moved on to other things - but like I said - it takes a fair bit of setting up. After half a dozen lengthy runs with various character builds I haven't come across anything massively game breaking & I've still got new stuff & approaches to try out as well.

Aside from my raving - as to your questions specifically ... Wayfarer is great and a lot of fun for roleplaying rangers, hunters etc - coupled with the Frostfall mod then some parts of it are essential for outdoor survival. The magic schools have an interesting redo & its certainly allows for more creative gameplay than vanilla - but if we're being honest - vanilla magic had less variety than a pack of skittles.

... and yes ... Restoration IS a PERFECTLY VALID school of magic!! ;-)


Originally posted by momo:
very good mod! there are some complications with installing, but with latest version it became easier. playing with it for a long time already.
Aahh, yes, just the answers I was looking for =D
I'm still skeptical simply because the author implies that I should start with a new character (unless I feel like doing a metric butt-ton of console commands) in order for the mod to work at it's peak.

Wondering also if Magic, with it's re-do, is powerful enough for a mage to be a valid playstyle. I currently have the Balanced Magic mod and I'm about 99.9% sure that's gotta go for this mod to work.
Mumbles Jan 15, 2014 @ 10:56am 
You absolutely will need a new character - and honestly it's better that way - the world is a much different place to live in. Personally I'd dread to see what would happen to an existing character reloaded with the SkyRe perk trees and everything - it would be a mess I expect.

From what I can see - Balanced Magic doesn't seem to do much different from SkyRe - although at a glance it seems that BM is a bit more generous. You can dig up a link to the SkyRe PDF from the main mod page if you want to compare them in detail - but from where I'm sitting it looks like SkyRe makes BM redundant - magic will still scale with your skill level and do you really need a buff to magic regen?! :-P

I find mage is still a valid playstyle and it doesn't become OP so quickly - you will NEED followers for those first few levels though!
Mumbles Jan 15, 2014 @ 10:59am 
Just wanted to add if you decide to take the plunge but want a hand - feel free to add me on here and we can walk through it. Honestly - I spent a long weekend getting the mods setup right & realised I should keep notes for when I had to do it again. Came in handy - only took 6 hours the next time round!
[-TT-]Chill_Hill Jan 15, 2014 @ 2:21pm 
Aahh, souns b*tchin =D
It's gonna be fun to tell my gf that she needs to start another character.....again, so I have been putting it off for the longest time, but I might take the plunge and download it. When I do, ill shoot ya a friend request, thanks again for all the help, it's much appreciated
Hutta Jan 15, 2014 @ 2:33pm 
Its a good mod and while some of the revisions it makes might not be to my taste i still prefer it to vanilla. Not had any conflicts with it (so far perhaps best to say) and running about 80 mods at the moment in addition to that one.
Last edited by Hutta; Jan 15, 2014 @ 2:33pm
Mumbles Jan 18, 2014 @ 5:30am 
Originally posted by Chill_Hill:
Aahh, souns b*tchin =D
It's gonna be fun to tell my gf that she needs to start another character.....again, so I have been putting it off for the longest time, but I might take the plunge and download it. When I do, ill shoot ya a friend request, thanks again for all the help, it's much appreciated :meaty:

My solution to this exact same problem was just to back up the lightly modded Data folder that my roomies use and another one for my own setup ... bit of a hassle sometimes but if you have the storage space its less of a headache all round!
Kannibal Jan 18, 2014 @ 5:55am 
Just watched Gopher's overview on this mod and it sounds like Project Nevada.

Very surprised I did not discover this mod before.
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Jan 15, 2014 @ 6:07am
Posts: 9