[25th] Undercover127 May 11 @ 2:38pm
Unable to play in full screen [Fixed] :D
When I launch the game, the menu appears and I press play.. but then the game only opens in a very small window at the top left of my screen. My settings on the game are:
Graphics Adapter: AMD Radeon HD 6670
Aspect Ratio: 16:10 widescreen
Resolution: 1680x1050 (Which is the correct resolution for my monitor)
Antialiasing: 8 Samples
Anisotropic Filtering: 8 Samples
Overall it is on high settings which is apparently the recommended settings for my computer.

I have tried to launch the game with the 'Windowed mode' box ticked and I have tried with it unticked, but it still launches in the same small window.

I've also tried to change the resolution settings at Windows(C:)/Program Files/Steam/SteamApps/common/Skyrim/Skyrim/SkyrimPrefs

Inside the 'SkyrimPrefs' file I have changed the settings according to instructions from this guide: http://guide4games.com/fixes/the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim-full-screen-fix

And it now looks like this:
[General]
fBrightLightColorB=1.0000
fBrightLightColorG=1.0000
fBrightLightColorR=1.0000
iStoryManagerLoggingEvent=-1
bEnableStoryManagerLogging=0
[Imagespace]
bDoDepthOfField=1
[Display]
iBlurDeferredShadowMask=5
fInteriorShadowDistance=3000.0000
fShadowDistance=2500.0000
iShadowMapResolutionSecondary=1024
iShadowMapResolutionPrimary=2048
iShadowSplitCount=2
iMaxAnisotropy=8
fLeafAnimDampenDistEnd=4600.0000
fLeafAnimDampenDistStart=3600.0000
fTreesMidLODSwitchDist=3600.0000
fGamma=1.0000
fDecalLOD2=1500.0000
fDecalLOD1=1000.0000
fSpecularLODStartFade=500.0000
fShadowLODStartFade=200.0000
fLightLODStartFade=1000.0000
iTexMipMapMinimum=0
iTexMipMapSkip=0
iWaterMultiSamples=0
iMultiSample=0
iShadowMode=3
bTreesReceiveShadows=0
bDrawLandShadows=0
bFull Screen=1
iSize H=1050
iSize W=1680
fMeshLODFadePercentDefault=1.2000
fMeshLODFadeBoundDefault=256.0000
fMeshLODLevel2FadeTreeDistance=2048.0000
fMeshLODLevel1FadeTreeDistance=2844.0000
fMeshLODLevel2FadeDist=3072.0000
fMeshLODLevel1FadeDist=4096.0000
iScreenShotIndex=2
bShadowMaskZPrepass=0
bMainZPrepass=0
iMaxSkinDecalsPerFrame=3
iMaxDecalsPerFrame=10
bFloatPointRenderTarget=0
[Grass]
b30GrassVS=0
fGrassStartFadeDistance=3500.0000
fGrassMaxStartFadeDistance=7000.0000
fGrassMinStartFadeDistance=0.0000
[MAIN]
bGamepadEnable=1
bCrosshairEnabled=1
fHUDOpacity=1.000
bSaveOnPause=1
bSaveOnTravel=1
bSaveOnWait=1
bSaveOnRest=1
[GamePlay]
But the game still fails to run in full screen...
I'd be very grateful if anyone could spend the time to help me with this problem :)

Last edited by [25th] Undercover127; May 14 @ 11:45am
Showing 1-12 of 12 comments
< >
crapmonster May 11 @ 4:02pm 
If you haven't already, try:
Alt+Enter
Disabling secondary display/monitor if you have one.
[25th] Undercover127 May 12 @ 9:03am 
Originally posted by crapmonster:
If you haven't already, try:
Alt+Enter
Disabling secondary display/monitor if you have one.
Alt+Enter also doesn't work for me :(
HappyerbS May 12 @ 9:10am 
Change/Check SkyrimPrefs in My Games\Skyrim as well as program files
[25th] Undercover127 May 13 @ 7:54am 
Originally posted by HappyerbS:
Change/Check SkyrimPrefs in My Games\Skyrim as well as program files
Already tried that
Ilja (Ref) May 13 @ 8:11am 
Try the following:
- Right click game in Steam client Library view.
- Select Properties.
- From General page -> Set Launch Options
- Include following parameters:
-CustomResolution:enabled -r1920x1080x32 -f
where resolution is replaced with your screen resolution.

Edit: Typo cut out part of parameters. Fixed it.
Last edited by Ilja (Ref); May 13 @ 8:14am
[25th] Undercover127 May 13 @ 8:43am 
Originally posted by Ref:
Try the following:
- Right click game in Steam client Library view.
- Select Properties.
- From General page -> Set Launch Options
- Include following parameters:
-CustomResolution:enabled -r1920x1080x32 -f
where resolution is replaced with your screen resolution.

Edit: Typo cut out part of parameters. Fixed it.

So mine should look exactly like this? : -CustomResolution:enabled -r1680x1050 -f

Ilja (Ref) May 13 @ 8:52am 
Yes. "-f" is forces the full screen mode, but I think that with small window issue, it is best to try and force resolution as well.
Last edited by Ilja (Ref); May 13 @ 8:52am
[25th] Undercover127 May 13 @ 9:02am 
Originally posted by Ref:
Yes. "-f" is forces the full screen mode, but I think that with small window issue, it is best to try and force resolution as well.
I tried it and it still isn't working, but I've submitted my problem to Bethesda support so hopefully it'll get fixed soon.
Last edited by [25th] Undercover127; May 13 @ 9:03am
Ilja (Ref) May 13 @ 9:12am 
I am sorry to hear that. There is one more thing that you can try. If support answers, they are likely to suggest this as well. Try to change parameters to this:

-autoconfig

This parameter forces the game to ignore all content in your configuration files (files with .cfg extension) and launch your game. It restores all your video and performance settings based on the hardware detected. This will be in effect, untill parameter has been removed.

If this works, then we know that some configuration file is doing a override to your settings. If not, then something in your hardware department might need an update - that might still be just a standard driver update/rollback.
Last edited by Ilja (Ref); May 13 @ 9:12am
[25th] Undercover127 May 14 @ 11:44am 
Originally posted by Ref:
I am sorry to hear that. There is one more thing that you can try. If support answers, they are likely to suggest this as well. Try to change parameters to this:

-autoconfig

This parameter forces the game to ignore all content in your configuration files (files with .cfg extension) and launch your game. It restores all your video and performance settings based on the hardware detected. This will be in effect, untill parameter has been removed.

If this works, then we know that some configuration file is doing a override to your settings. If not, then something in your hardware department might need an update - that might still be just a standard driver update/rollback.
That didn't work but I have managed to fix the problem now :D Not really sure what I did but after playing around with some files i've got it fixed, thanks for your help still, it kept my hopes up atleast :)
Ilja (Ref) May 14 @ 11:49am 
Originally posted by undercover127:
That didn't work but I have managed to fix the problem now :D Not really sure what I did but after playing around with some files i've got it fixed, thanks for your help still, it kept my hopes up atleast :)

Happy for you. :)

As for my self... BWAAAAH!!!! I WANT TO KNOW!!!!!

*Pant*
*Pant*
*Pants*
*Whoops!*

*Phew*

I am calm now. ;)
[25th] Undercover127 May 14 @ 2:35pm 
Originally posted by Ref:
Originally posted by undercover127:
That didn't work but I have managed to fix the problem now :D Not really sure what I did but after playing around with some files i've got it fixed, thanks for your help still, it kept my hopes up atleast :)

Happy for you. :)

As for my self... BWAAAAH!!!! I WANT TO KNOW!!!!!

*Pant*
*Pant*
*Pants*
*Whoops!*

*Phew*

I am calm now. ;)
Haha :)
Showing 1-12 of 12 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: May 11 @ 2:38pm
Posts: 12