Aunttwister Apr 9 @ 4:14am
Problem with Thieves guild
Hey guys so here is the deal.I've passed the main story without any problems,but problem comes when i decided to do small jobs.I've talked to Delvin and Vex did few jobs,saved the game and went off.When i loaded the game,and talked to Vex/Delvin i get a dialogue that says like i never did the quests(tell me about the heist job e.g.).When i accept the quest it brings me to first quest.So the problem is that when i save the game all quests that I did gets reseted.Anyone encountered this problem?Or is there anyone that did all small jobs of the thieves guild(or perhaps did not have this problem when they saved)?
Showing 1-15 of 26 comments
< >
leonid.kondratenko.1951 Apr 9 @ 4:16am 
looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool
Aunttwister Apr 9 @ 4:18am 
Originally posted by leonid.kondratenko.1951:
looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

hmm?
Ilja Apr 9 @ 4:26am 
This is a common bug. For some reason the final patch causes them to occasionally repeat those mission introductions. It is just a slight annoyance and does not affect to gameplay at all. Note, that in some cases the first job you do seems to be left uncounted for, but otherwise they work properly.

Remember to check Delvion for additional missions, while completeing those jobs.

Originally posted by Aunttwister:
Originally posted by leonid.kondratenko.1951:
looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

hmm?

I don't know what's up with that one. He does something stupid like this every now and again. Just take Fukitol, until he checks his own medicines.
Last edited by Ilja; Apr 9 @ 4:27am
The theives guild quest seem to be the buggiest of the game. Every character I have played has a least one bug with it. Riften itself is a buggy city. I skipped doing the theives guild with this character until just recently. No ctd's until I have been coming and going to Riften and while out doing quest for the guild. And as you have noticed the little annoyances with the petty jobs. I am still hoping I can finish the theives guild this time around. (never have before) I have gotten further along with no quest breaking bug yet. (I think and Hope).
Aunttwister Apr 9 @ 10:46am 
Originally posted by Ref:
This is a common bug. For some reason the final patch causes them to occasionally repeat those mission introductions. It is just a slight annoyance and does not affect to gameplay at all. Note, that in some cases the first job you do seems to be left uncounted for, but otherwise they work properly.

Remember to check Delvion for additional missions, while completeing those jobs.

Originally posted by Aunttwister:

hmm?

I don't know what's up with that one. He does something stupid like this every now and again. Just take Fukitol, until he checks his own medicines.

Hah i guess i should try first and then ask for help.
I have 2 questions if u mind helping me out here.
Whenever i use alt+tab to check something on browser i get windows pointer stuck on my skin,which is pretty annoying.Is there any solution for that?
Also on how many misions will i get that improved thieves guild armor(guild master armor)?
Thanks again for help mate,appreciate it :)
Ilja Apr 9 @ 10:48am 
Originally posted by Hamsterbytes , bits and nibbles:
I have gotten further along with no quest breaking bug yet. (I think and Hope).

Only big and persistent game breaking bug is the Uttering Hills Cave. If anyone gives you a mission to go there before you have completed a Thieves Guild quest there, then reload and avoid taking it again. Once Thieves Guild stuff in there has been dealt with, the game should handle the cave properly.
Ilja Apr 9 @ 10:56am 
Originally posted by Aunttwister:
Hah i guess i should try first and then ask for help.
I have 2 questions if u mind helping me out here.
Whenever i use alt+tab to check something on browser i get windows pointer stuck on my skin,which is pretty annoying.Is there any solution for that?
Also on how many misions will i get that improved thieves guild armor(guild master armor)?
Thanks again for help mate,appreciate it :)

First problem is a mystery to me. I haven't encountered that bug myself. Maybe someone else knows what is going on.

Guild Master armor requires that Thieves Guild main quest and all special missions have been completed. You will get one for each big city (except Riften), after you have completed 5 jobs for them from Delvin an Vex.

Delvin will assign these special jobs and does not hand out other jobs before active mission has been completed.

Once all is said and done, talk to Brynjolf.

While in theory you only need to complete minimum of 20 extra jobs to get all the special missions open, guild actually benefits form 125 jobs. Benefits are mostly visual, but final has few concrete (altough minor) benefits included. It is something to do, while progressing in the main quest and other guilds.
Aunttwister Apr 9 @ 11:02am 
Originally posted by Hamsterbytes , bits and nibbles:
The theives guild quest seem to be the buggiest of the game. Every character I have played has a least one bug with it. Riften itself is a buggy city. I skipped doing the theives guild with this character until just recently. No ctd's until I have been coming and going to Riften and while out doing quest for the guild. And as you have noticed the little annoyances with the petty jobs. I am still hoping I can finish the theives guild this time around. (never have before) I have gotten further along with no quest breaking bug yet. (I think and Hope).

Honestly i don't care bug/glitch thing unless it affects gameplay.So far this is first glitch that i tought it affects gameplay.I've been playing this game for around 15 hours and boy it's wonderful!
Aunttwister Apr 9 @ 11:19am 
Originally posted by Ref:
Originally posted by Aunttwister:
Hah i guess i should try first and then ask for help.
I have 2 questions if u mind helping me out here.
Whenever i use alt+tab to check something on browser i get windows pointer stuck on my skin,which is pretty annoying.Is there any solution for that?
Also on how many misions will i get that improved thieves guild armor(guild master armor)?
Thanks again for help mate,appreciate it :)

First problem is a mystery to me. I haven't encountered that bug myself. Maybe someone else knows what is going on.

Guild Master armor requires that Thieves Guild main quest and all special missions have been completed. You will get one for each big city (except Riften), after you have completed 5 jobs for them from Delvin an Vex.

Delvin will assign these special jobs and does not hand out other jobs before active mission has been completed.

Once all is said and done, talk to Brynjolf.

While in theory you only need to complete minimum of 20 extra jobs to get all the special missions open, guild actually benefits form 125 jobs. Benefits are mostly visual, but final has few concrete (altough minor) benefits included. It is something to do, while progressing in the main quest and other guilds.

So whem i am done with special jobs and get thieves guild influence in those cities,will i get some benefits in those cities?
crapmonster Apr 9 @ 11:52am 
Each hold you finish you get a fence and a stall opened up in the Ragged Flagon.
Aunttwister Apr 9 @ 11:53am 
Originally posted by crapmonster:
Each hold you finish you get a fence and a stall opened up in the Ragged Flagon.

Hmm but not in cities?
Well that does not make a lot of logic,would be nice if we get another hideout or so.Did anyone encounter mod for something like that or so?
Ilja Apr 9 @ 11:57am 
Originally posted by crapmonster:
Each hold you finish you get a fence and a stall opened up in the Ragged Flagon.

+ money held by Tonilia goes up, untill 4000 septims.

You will also open new Thieves caches and be able to bribe guards to ignore your crimes in each city you have complete the influence quest.

Caches and bribes is alreayd opened in Riften, once you become a full member of the guild.

Edit: Special missions will also open new fences; one for each city + few on the road.
Last edited by Ilja; Apr 9 @ 11:59am
Aunttwister Apr 9 @ 12:00pm 
Originally posted by Ref:
Originally posted by crapmonster:
Each hold you finish you get a fence and a stall opened up in the Ragged Flagon.

+ money held by Tonilia goes up, untill 4000 septims.

You will also open new Thieves caches and be able to bribe guards to ignore your crimes in each city you have complete the influence quest.

Caches and bribes is alreayd opened in Riften, once you become a full member of the guild.

Edit: Special missions will also open new fences; one for each city + few on the road.


I can bribe guards in cities already,and I have done around 5 or 6 quests :D
But yea after u get some influence,u should get some hideout in that city,am I right?
Last edited by Aunttwister; Apr 9 @ 12:01pm
Ilja Apr 9 @ 12:02pm 
Originally posted by Aunttwister:
I can bribe guards in cities already,and I have done around 5 or 6 quests :D
But yea after u get some influence,u should get some hideout in that city,am I right?

Nope. Sorry, no new hideouts. It would have been nice, though.

There are few ways to bribe guards. Thieves Guild path is just another way, but most reliable (altough not cheapest) one.
Last edited by Ilja; Apr 9 @ 12:02pm
crapmonster Apr 9 @ 12:02pm 
Originally posted by Aunttwister:
I can bribe guards in cities already,and I have done around 5 or 6 quests :D
But yea after u get some influence,u should get some hideout in that city,am I right?
You need to do 5 per hold plus a special job after the 5 are done. Hideouts are probably redundant since you already have house options in each hold you do for the Guild.
Showing 1-15 of 26 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Apr 9 @ 4:14am
Posts: 26