Corporal Cluckinton Mar 16 @ 1:28pm
Some ground textures are black
So lately I've had this problem with Skyrim were the ground (flat ground most ground is ok like paths) is black I can't seem to fix it which is annoying because I can't play this game when it's like this.

P.S - Also there's another problem when the screen goes black for no reason, the HUD is still there and I can acess the map, skills menu and I can still hear sound, it's just everything else goes black.
Showing 1-15 of 17 comments
< >
Corporal Cluckinton Mar 16 @ 1:31pm 
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=239144565

Here is the picture of the ground being black >:(
Ryika Mar 16 @ 2:55pm 
Looks like a lighting-related mod is bugging out, try to deactivate them and see if that helps.
If you're not using any lighting-mods, try verifiing your game files. Right click the game in your library, then go to properties -> local files and click "verify integrity of game cache".
Last edited by Ryika; Mar 16 @ 3:23pm
Corporal Cluckinton Mar 16 @ 3:20pm 
Would a weather mod affect it the ground?
Originally posted by Corporal Cluckinton:
Would a weather mod affect it the ground?
Yes !!
G20 Mar 17 @ 3:58am 
This has happened to me alot, I could never work out exactly what does it, it fixes it's self for me, sometimes after enter and exit a cell, sometimes after a couple of days, I'd like to hear if it's the same for you.
Corporal Cluckinton Mar 17 @ 10:08am 
Yes !!

Well I'll try and unsubscribe the weather mod and see if it works :)
Corporal Cluckinton Mar 17 @ 10:13am 
Originally posted by G20:
This has happened to me alot, I could never work out exactly what does it, it fixes it's self for me, sometimes after enter and exit a cell, sometimes after a couple of days, I'd like to hear if it's the same for you.
Well the glitch has happened for more than a week also it doesn't fix it self when I enter and exit a cell
Dovahkiin Mar 17 @ 11:47am 
Originally posted by Corporal Cluckinton:
So lately I've had this problem with Skyrim were the ground (flat ground most ground is ok like paths) is black I can't seem to fix it which is annoying because I can't play this game when it's like this.

P.S - Also there's another problem when the screen goes black for no reason, the HUD is still there and I can acess the map, skills menu and I can still hear sound, it's just everything else goes black.

Try to install SKSE and run Skyrim from the SKSE launcher.

Dr. Shocks . DO Mar 17 @ 12:07pm 
I've heard black textures means your VRAM is full.
Hopefully others can chime in and give more info
Corporal Cluckinton Mar 17 @ 1:25pm 
Originally posted by Meloni:
Originally posted by Corporal Cluckinton:
So lately I've had this problem with Skyrim were the ground (flat ground most ground is ok like paths) is black I can't seem to fix it which is annoying because I can't play this game when it's like this.

P.S - Also there's another problem when the screen goes black for no reason, the HUD is still there and I can acess the map, skills menu and I can still hear sound, it's just everything else goes black.

Try to install SKSE and run Skyrim from the SKSE launcher.
I tried to install SKSE once but it broke my Skyrim completely and had to reinstall the whole game again.
Corporal Cluckinton Mar 17 @ 1:27pm 
Originally posted by Shocks -The Elsweyr Trader-:
I've heard black textures means your VRAM is full.
Hopefully others can chime in and give more info
Do you know what would be the recommended VRAM?
Corporal Cluckinton Mar 17 @ 1:30pm 
Also I tired to unistall the weather mod I had but it had no effect :(
Ryika Mar 17 @ 2:37pm 
Vanilla Skyrim needs at least 512mb of vram. If you're using a lot of mods that add high-res-textures (like the optional bethesda-dlc), you'll probably need up to ~1,5gb or even more if you're going nuts with 4k texture mods. ^^ If you're running out of vram that can indeed lead to black textures or even ctds. Antialiasing generally also needs tons of vram, so disabling texture-mods and lowering the AA in the launcher might fix your problem.
Corporal Cluckinton Mar 17 @ 5:43pm 
Ok I'll try that, see if that works
Zefram Cochrane Mar 17 @ 6:11pm 
Black textures mean a texture isnt' loading for the landscape surface... I get it if I try and use too many textures in a cell in CK, game engine only supports so many. This on the other hand could be a Vram issue, certainly worth a shot.
Last edited by Zefram Cochrane; Mar 17 @ 6:13pm
Showing 1-15 of 17 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Mar 16 @ 1:28pm
Posts: 17