HarithJ' Mar 14 @ 9:55pm
In Need of some tips from the veterans of dragonborn.
Sooo, i've just got this game and i really dont know where to start.
A while back, i've seen something about mods / highres textures ?

where can i get these mods/textures and does it really make a difference ?

Showing 1-15 of 29 comments
< >
[KL] Master Dan [StormCats] Mar 14 @ 10:01pm 
It makes a whole world of difference. Probably a world of difference that you weren't expecting to anticipate.

As soon as you modify your game, it runs the risk of crashing if you don't know what you are doing.

The best way to improve your experience is to invest your cash into a decent graphics card and RAM. And sure, why not go for high res textures. You can always start a new game, test it all out on that so you don't interfere with your own Character's progress saves.

But above all, my advice to you is to learn a bit about modding first. If you haven't even played the Elder Scrolls: Skyrim yet, I also recommend you do for a while.

This will:

A) allow you to get used to what the game is like 'vanilla' (unmodded)

B) Allow you to make the tedious progress through the stupid walkthrough section of the game start. Then make a hard save proper.

C) make a duplicate save of point B for your mod testing.

Check the pinned threads for mod ideas and tips.

Best of luck :)
Last edited by [KL] Master Dan [StormCats]; Mar 14 @ 10:05pm
HarithJ' Mar 14 @ 10:08pm 
Originally posted by KL Master Dan StormCats:
It makes a whole world of difference. Probably a world of difference that you weren't expecting to anticipate.

As soon as you modify your game, it runs the risk of crashing if you don't know what you are doing.

The best way to improve your experience is to invest your cash into a decent graphics card and RAM. And sure, why not go for high res textures. You can always start a new game, test it all out on that so you don't interfere with your own Character's progress saves.

But above all, my advice to you is to learn a bit about modding first. If you haven't even played the Elder Scrolls: Skyrim yet, I also recommend you do for a while.

This will:

A) allow you to get used to what the game is like 'vanilla' (unmodded)

B) Allow you to make the tedious progress through the stupid walkthrough section of the game start. Then make a hard save proper.

C) make a duplicate save of point B for your mod testing.

Chrck the pinned threads for mod ideas and tips.

Best of luck :)

wow, thanks man :D starting to like the fan base already.
oh and btw, my laptop have 8gb ram,AMD A8-4500 APU with radeon hd,windows 7 ultimate and 64-bit.

can my laptop run it on high ?
[KL] Master Dan [StormCats] Mar 14 @ 10:10pm 
might stutter but all you have to do to find your capacity threshold is test it out! :D
HarithJ' Mar 14 @ 10:15pm 
Originally posted by KL Master Dan StormCats:
might stutter but all you have to do to find your capacity threshold is test it out! :D

alrighty thenn, thanks a lot man have good one.
fus-RODAHHHHHHHHHHHH
[KL] Master Dan [StormCats] Mar 14 @ 10:18pm 
*Khajiit is blasted away in a cloud of dust, then rapidly dissapears over High Hrothgar until a tiny dot cannot be seen anymore*
TheNovemberMan Mar 15 @ 10:51pm 
WARNING: stay away from mods they will corrupt you and you'll never finish the game, oh just one more and then i promise no more mods, oh look at that mod, looks awesome, what's this i can only use this mod on a new game, well okay i'll start a new game one more time I PROMISE. It's a trap those mods are, i've been stuck playing one more game going on 4,500 hours now.
HarithJ' Mar 15 @ 11:02pm 
Originally posted by Trigger:
WARNING: stay away from mods they will corrupt you and you'll never finish the game, oh just one more and then i promise no more mods, oh look at that mod, looks awesome, what's this i can only use this mod on a new game, well okay i'll start a new game one more time I PROMISE. It's a trap those mods are, i've been stuck playing one more game going on 4,500 hours now.

4500 HOURS? Dayumnnnn
so you haven't finish the game in those time period?
like seriously, 4k hours is QUITE a LOT
[KL] Master Dan [StormCats] Mar 16 @ 1:12am 
I installed a few to make the game easier to play and with a few immersive elements in there like realistic environmental effects (Frostfall) and some realistic needs (food and drink etc) a couple of Armour mods and a Body replacer mod. Oh - and Vilja...

Haven't really felt the need for anything else. Trigger is right though, once you pop, you just can't stop heh heh.
HarithJ' Mar 16 @ 1:16am 
Originally posted by KL Master Dan StormCats:
I installed a few to make the game easier to play and with a few immersive elements in there like realistic environmental effects (Frostfall) and some realistic needs (food and drink etc) a couple of Armour mods and a Body replacer mod. Oh - and Vilja...

Haven't really felt the need for anything else. Trigger is right though, once you pop, you just can't stop heh heh.

hahaha, can't wait to get into them mods but i have a question, is the modding easy?
as in, you download from the steam workshop and we're done ?
hedgie_yozh Mar 16 @ 1:30am 
Definitely recommend using Nexus and NMM.
[KL] Master Dan [StormCats] Mar 16 @ 1:31am 
We got one just at the right time here, Trigger...
Ok Ben, best thing to do to get you on the way to modding with confidence is to ease you into modding basically.

It will help you along the way if you put in a little research now, before you hit any problems (most are easy to fix, it's just logic).

Hhm, I know a good place to start;

Beginner's Guide to Modding Skyrim By Gopher.

I could link, but it's easier for you to type that into youtube as there are a number of episodes. Go watch them, he will offer good advice for what you want.

We want you to enjoy yourself with your game, it's your game too, you can have big breasts bouncing everywhere if you so desire...or blood and guts all over the place, but above all, we want you to enjoy modding :)

There are more sources of modding links in a couple of pinned threads at the top of the Skyrim forum - lots of resource for you :3
[KL] Master Dan [StormCats] Mar 16 @ 1:32am 
Originally posted by hedgie_yozh:
Definitely recommend using Nexus and NMM.

The boobs demand it!
_)-_)-
khellus Mar 16 @ 1:35am 
there is a official hi res texture pack that is on steam as a DLC it is free, Be wary of what mods you install, some are a work in progress and may change game mechanics you dont want changed with out you being aware thats its going to happen which is another reason to play vanilla first, that way you know when something is not as it should be.
you can use steam workshop which is as easy as hitting the subscribe button. some of the best mods require a bit more know how. usually requiring SKE which is a script extender for skyrim and most of the mods for that are found @ skyrimnexus.
TheNovemberMan Mar 16 @ 1:45am 
Always read the comments from other players that are suppied on each mod page, also look for the requirement tab on each mod page too. Read and then read some more, use the wiki as your new best friend.
[KL] Master Dan [StormCats] Mar 16 @ 1:46am 
When I grow up, I want to look like Khellus :3
Showing 1-15 of 29 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Mar 14 @ 9:55pm
Posts: 29