Alone Mar 11 @ 2:46pm
Best Factions
Which factions do you find to be the most interesting, enough for you to want to delve into the secrets of the guild, and find out what goes on behind their walls? Also, the College of Winterhold counts as a faction.
Showing 1-10 of 10 comments
< >
hedgie_yozh Mar 11 @ 2:56pm 
The ones you can't get into. It would be fantastic to play out quests for the Forsworn, for instance. Or House Redoran v 2.0. I just always want what I can't have, basically.
Alone Mar 11 @ 3:04pm 
Originally posted by hedgie_yozh:
The ones you can't get into. It would be fantastic to play out quests for the Forsworn, for instance. Or House Redoran v 2.0. I just always want what I can't have, basically.

I would like to play in a lot of the factions that I can't already play in, such as the Elder Council or Penitus Occulus for Imperial characters. It just doesn't make sense killing the Emporer, but not being able to defend his life.
hedgie_yozh Mar 11 @ 3:24pm 
Starbound, that is a fantastic one! I would love to play a Penitus Oculatus storyline. It would make a great alternative to the Dark Brotherhood or Thieves Guild for those of us who like to play characters that lean toward lawful good, but still want to engage in stealth.
Alone Mar 11 @ 3:26pm 
Originally posted by hedgie_yozh:
Starbound, that is a fantastic one! I would love to play a Penitus Oculatus storyline. It would make a great alternative to the Dark Brotherhood or Thieves Guild for those of us who like to play characters that lean toward lawful good, but still want to engage in stealth.

Especially the part where you kill a Dark Brotherhood Initiate.

(Bethesda, why haven't you thought of this!)
Last edited by Alone; Mar 11 @ 3:29pm
Zefram Cochrane Mar 12 @ 8:22pm 
Because for some reason Bethesda is obsessed with creating "evil character" storylines/quests.

Except where hearthfire kids are concerned and then its all cutesy, butter-wouldn't-melt-in-their-mouth, stuff.
Alone Mar 13 @ 8:55pm 
Originally posted by Zefram Cochrane:
Because for some reason Bethesda is obsessed with creating "evil character" storylines/quests.

Except where hearthfire kids are concerned and then its all cutesy, butter-wouldn't-melt-in-their-mouth, stuff.

I see your point on the first statement, but what does Hearthfire have to do with anything?
Incunabulum Mar 13 @ 9:05pm 
Originally posted by Starbound:
Which factions do you find to be the most interesting, enough for you to want to delve into the secrets of the guild, and find out what goes on behind their walls? Also, the College of Winterhold counts as a faction.

Honestly? Absolutely none of them. The ones that have a glimmer of interest only have that because the faction is so sketchily laid (Companion's for example) out that you never get to see how idiotic these people are. Because if you *do* get in deep with the inner workings of a faction you realize how ♥♥♥♥♥ic and lazy these people really are *cough* thieve's Guild *cough*.

Actually that's not *completely* true - once you get past the rather dumb way you get introduced to the Dark Brotherhood you get to see a (bare bones) story with some political intrigue, intra-faction conflict, and decently fleshed-out NPC's. Its just too bad all those 'out of the blue, I haven't even done anything to anyone yet' murder attempts at the beginning of the game drive me towards the Penitus Oculatus and the Brotherhood's extinction.
Incunabulum Mar 13 @ 9:07pm 
Originally posted by Zefram Cochrane:
. . . butter-wouldn't-melt-in-their-mouth, stuff.

You know - that's not actually complimentary?
Alone Mar 13 @ 9:14pm 
Originally posted by Incunabulum:
Originally posted by Starbound:
Which factions do you find to be the most interesting, enough for you to want to delve into the secrets of the guild, and find out what goes on behind their walls? Also, the College of Winterhold counts as a faction.

Honestly? Absolutely none of them. The ones that have a glimmer of interest only have that because the faction is so sketchily laid (Companion's for example) out that you never get to see how idiotic these people are. Because if you *do* get in deep with the inner workings of a faction you realize how ♥♥♥♥♥ic and lazy these people really are *cough* thieve's Guild *cough*.

Yeah, you're pretty much the only guy who does anything in the questline, and most of it is "go get this, and you get this" or "go get this, take this in return, or keep it". I think it's just absolutely ridiculous how Bethesda makes it so factions make you do so much dirty work, for such crappy rewards.

Also, I think that the Compains questline is much better than most of the other fctions, especially how the ending rewards you with so many things.
Incunabulum Mar 13 @ 10:40pm 
The Companion's questline has potential - the NPC's are distinctive, have character. There's the hook for the werewolf stuff also. But it suffers because its so bare-bones. Not as bad as the College of Winterhold questline - where you become the Archmage after about a day in the college.

The ending rewards? A two-handed axe - OK, that'll look good hanging over the door, I guess. Harbinger of the whatnow?! Whoa, whoa, whoa. I am not the leadership sort and don't want to sort out your . . . oh, you mean there's no actual duties for the job? Its easy and full of perks? Like what sort of perks? I get a snazzy title . . . are you taking the ♥♥♥♥? You're serious? OK what else. A two-room suite in Jorrvaskar, yawn - I already have a two-*bedroom* house in the same city, not married - don't need an apartment. That's it? OK, I've made my decision, I think I'll LOOK OUT A DRAGON! *runs off when he turns his head*.
Showing 1-10 of 10 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Mar 11 @ 2:46pm
Posts: 10