Please, can a Moderator 'Pin'
this thread. There are countless threads about crashes, and some find the "Help/Tips, etc."
thread already "Posted & Pinned"
a bit daunting, addressing so many things in one thread (I don't, but others obviously do).
So I'm attempting to address just the 'CRASH ISSUES'
taking nothing away from Master Dan
, and his contributors on their thread.
1) So I'll start off by saying, that if you crash
in the 'Loading Screen'
then chances are that there is a Mod order discrepancy, or a conflict with another Mod that's your issue. Download & Install BOSS.
This isn't a cure-all
, but it will certainly knock them down to size by organizing your Mod Order correctly.
2) If you are trying to load a 'Saved Game'
and it crashes, then chances are that you have a 'Bloated Saved Game'
or you have Deleted
a Mod that depends on that saved game.
This may help some of you experiencing a Bloated Save Issue
3) Not essential, but I find it great to download Mods to, and have them automatically installed (If you choose that option from the NEXUS).
Nexus Mod Manager V47.3 --> LINK
4) Another nice feature. Many Mods require it. SKSE V1.7.0 --> LINK
5) Also good to have, and needed by a bunch of other Mods. SkyUI.esp --> LINK
6) I can't stress this enough... READ THE AUTHORS NOTES
on any Mod you get. Know what's compatible, and what's not.
7) These are not the only thing that can cause a crash, and hopefully others will contribute.
Anyone else that wishes to contribute here, please, by all means, do so. I have only listed the 2 most common reasons for your game to crash. Of course there are others, and I don't claim to know each, and every one, let along the remedy for a cure, but I'm sure others do, and have some advice.