bluefairybook Jun 5, 2014 @ 4:39pm
Finished Goldenglow, cannot return to Brynjolf. Or, indeed, find him
I did half of the goldenglow job, added a merchant mod, told Brynjolf to move away from the stand I wanted, finished the goldenglow job, followed the instruction to the letter in removing the merchant mod and now?

I can't find Brynjolf. The arrow thingamy indicating his location in order to complete the task points to empty, moving space in the Thieves Whatsamicallit.

I tried moveto player and a few other options I found here and on youtube and I think in telling him to leave the merchant stand, I shot him into the ether.

Is there some code doodad that can have me complete the Goldenglow task? Hopefully he'll appear to me after that.
Showing 1-15 of 20 comments
< >
fran25 Jun 5, 2014 @ 5:00pm 
When you finish the Goldenglow job. You will find Brynoff in the Thieves Guild Headquarters. You must finish the entire task to be able to move on to the next project for the Thieves Guild.

I do not remember Brynoff ever returning to his stand.
Last edited by fran25; Jun 5, 2014 @ 5:01pm
Smile n Fire Jun 5, 2014 @ 6:15pm 
Instead of moving to him, move him to you once you are at the objective marker
fran25 Jun 5, 2014 @ 6:54pm 
Without finishing the Goldenglow job it would serve no purpose to move him. The Goldenglow job is part of the main theives guild quest.
Smile n Fire Jun 5, 2014 @ 7:02pm 
Originally posted by fran25:
Without finishing the Goldenglow job it would serve no purpose to move him. The Goldenglow job is part of the main theives guild quest.
in his posts he explains that he finished the job and now the objective marker is pointing to a empty spot in the guild HQ. he found brynoff in the riften market, where he shouldnt be.
He is there because he unwittingly added and then deleted a mod that affected Brynoff. To get him to continue the quest he should move Brynoff to the Guild in hopes that the quest will update normally.
if it doesnt he can console that part done but either way he needs to bring Brynoff to the Guild HQ so he can get Brynoff's AI back on track.
Last edited by Smile n Fire; Jun 5, 2014 @ 7:03pm
bluefairybook Jun 6, 2014 @ 4:49am 
Sorry for my somewhat rambling post - that's what happens when posting when I'm half awake.

So I've finished Goldenglow but have seemingly elimated Brynjolf so can't continue the Thieves Guild quest. I tried moving him to me as per Smile N Fire's advice, but nada.

I got the the invalid object [] for parameter objectid response.

All I have to do in Loud And Clear is to report back to my poor non-existent Brynjolf. Can we dream of a way to move onto Dampened Spirits? I enjoy the guild but I am left with increasingly repetative tasks from Vex and Devlin.
Smile n Fire Jun 6, 2014 @ 5:50am 
Originally posted by bluefairybook:
Sorry for my somewhat rambling post - that's what happens when posting when I'm half awake.

So I've finished Goldenglow but have seemingly elimated Brynjolf so can't continue the Thieves Guild quest. I tried moving him to me as per Smile N Fire's advice, but nada.

I got the the invalid object [] for parameter objectid response.

All I have to do in Loud And Clear is to report back to my poor non-existent Brynjolf. Can we dream of a way to move onto Dampened Spirits? I enjoy the guild but I am left with increasingly repetative tasks from Vex and Devlin.
you have removed him from game. try recycleactor
Ilja Jun 6, 2014 @ 6:21am 
Originally posted by bluefairybook:
Sorry for my somewhat rambling post - that's what happens when posting when I'm half awake.

So I've finished Goldenglow but have seemingly elimated Brynjolf so can't continue the Thieves Guild quest. I tried moving him to me as per Smile N Fire's advice, but nada.

I got the the invalid object [] for parameter objectid response.

All I have to do in Loud And Clear is to report back to my poor non-existent Brynjolf. Can we dream of a way to move onto Dampened Spirits? I enjoy the guild but I am left with increasingly repetative tasks from Vex and Devlin.

Brynjolf is essential part of the Thieves Guild story line, so simply moving on to Dampened Spirits isn't going to solve this thing. You will likely have to load a previous save, where you haven't yet tampered with game AI.

Recycleactor might help.You could also try the following console commands. Go where the marker leads you and try them in this order:

prid 00020545
disable
enable

If that does not work:

prid 00020545
resurrect 1

Note, that resurrected Brynjolf may or may not act properly. Sorry, but loading an early save, or starting a new game, are better options.

Brynjolf and Vex have quite repeative tasks, but they will lead to special jobs for the guild, so keep doing them. Guild benefits from 125 off them, altough benefits are mostly visual beyond special jobs.
Last edited by Ilja; Jun 6, 2014 @ 6:22am
fran25 Jun 6, 2014 @ 5:34pm 
Brynoff will be in the Thieves guild headquarters.

Key in COC riftenthievesheadquarters go to the left and he will be in the training area,
Ilja Jun 7, 2014 @ 2:43am 
@bluefairybook: I see that you are playing the game. We are always interested to know, if fixes have worked, so they can be given to others as well. Did you manage to get Brynjolf back to your game?

@fran25: Do you actually read these posts? This is not about Brynjolf's location. OP has accidentially deleted Brynjolf from the game. :)
fran25 Jun 7, 2014 @ 10:39am 
He added a mod and told Brynoff to leave the stand from his post. Although I do not understand the reasoning it might be easier to go back to an earlier save before Goldenglow instead of tearing up his game futher with console commands which are useless. You seen to have little knowledge of the game. I have never even heard of someone going back to Brynoff once they started the Godlenglow Job going to a past save is probably his best bet. Take yuour mod you added off and then use my command once you have finished the goldenglow job.
Smile n Fire Jun 7, 2014 @ 11:00am 
Originally posted by fran25:
He added a mod and told Brynoff to leave the stand from his post. Although I do not understand the reasoning it might be easier to go back to an earlier save before Goldenglow instead of tearing up his game futher with console commands which are useless. You seen to have little knowledge of the game. I have never even heard of someone going back to Brynoff once they started the Godlenglow Job going to a past save is probably his best bet. Take yuour mod you added off and then use my command once you have finished the goldenglow job.
I agree. The very first thing anyone should do is revert to an earlier save. I assume people would try that, I guess thats my fault.
I also agree the very last thing you should do is use console commands as many more problems can arise. In this case the op specifically asked for a code doodad. and also stated they already removed the mod. I also assumed they tried an earlier save.
My advice is to take preventative measures to avoid these situations but many people add and remove mods that they shouldnt during the course of a game. You should also save often, not relying on auto saves so when things do go squirrly you can hopefully recover your game.
Try in game fixes when you can and after that fails to use console commands but think before using them.
Last edited by Smile n Fire; Jun 7, 2014 @ 11:01am
fran25 Jun 7, 2014 @ 11:06am 
Smile you have said the best thing you can do save this game as often as possible. When your saves get large move them into another file as Bethasda told me thru their customer support that a large number of saves can crash the game also. This game has bugs and will always have them no amount of patching can ever fix all the problems you can have with this game.
fran25 Jun 7, 2014 @ 11:08am 
Goldenglow is also a script file like Dustin Carin when Farkas turns into a Werewolf. If you break the script I think it is almost impossible to get it right again.
Ilja Jun 7, 2014 @ 11:10am 
Originally posted by fran25:
Goldenglow is also a script file like Dustin Carin when Farkas turns into a Werewolf. If you break the script I think it is almost impossible to get it right again.

That is true. The wisest path really would be to load earlier save.
(Dustin Carin? Sorry, but that made me laugh so hard: :)
Smile n Fire Jun 7, 2014 @ 11:11am 
Originally posted by fran25:
Goldenglow is also a script file like Dustin Carin when Farkas turns into a Werewolf. If you break the script I think it is almost impossible to get it right again.
that is my assumption as well but for the ops sake i was hoping putting him back in and reseting his ai might work. I had little hope back at some point you have to try anything
Showing 1-15 of 20 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Jun 5, 2014 @ 4:39pm
Posts: 20