The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

View Stats:
Lymark Jul 21, 2014 @ 2:45am
What would be a good secondary melee weapon as a Bosmer???
Just started playing Skyrim as a Bosmer, I'm still deciding whether using a melee weapon as my secondary or not. If I do, should I pick 1H or 2H??
< >
Showing 1-14 of 14 comments
Delta 1038 Jul 21, 2014 @ 2:50am 
Honestly, that's not alot to work with. How exactly do you plan to play this character?
pedantic_roc Jul 21, 2014 @ 2:51am 
A traditional Bosmer (Archer) would carry a dagger imo - so defo 1H. There are some good daggers to be had. Astrid has my favourite dagger. :P
Delta 1038 Jul 21, 2014 @ 2:52am 
If you are going to play a traditional Bosmer Ranger, check out this mod.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/37289/?
Lymark Jul 21, 2014 @ 2:55am 
What about using spell instead of melee weapon? is it a good idea?
pedantic_roc Jul 21, 2014 @ 2:56am 
Bah - if only my PC was behaving itself. Good egg that, Delta. Noted that for if ever I get sorted.
Delta 1038 Jul 21, 2014 @ 3:00am 
Originally posted by Lymark:
What about using spell instead of melee weapon? is it a good idea?

Again, I can't really help you if you're not telling us on exactly what do you plan to do. I've seen a Paladin Khajiit build, a Necromancer Nord and an Unarmed Dunmer build among others.
Lymark Jul 21, 2014 @ 3:05am 
Originally posted by Delta 1038:
Originally posted by Lymark:
What about using spell instead of melee weapon? is it a good idea?

Again, I can't really help you if you're not telling us on exactly what do you plan to do. I've seen a Paladin Khajiit build, a Necromancer Nord and an Unarmed Dunmer build among others.

Sorry, I'm totally new to this game and didn't know that there are some sort of different builds.

Just googled, think i will go for Assassin and Thief.
Delta 1038 Jul 21, 2014 @ 3:18am 
Think of it less as builds and more of how do you want to kill people in Skyrim. As pedantic said, daggers (1H) are pretty good sneak weapons because they're quite if you miss plus there is a perk for it that gives it a 15x damage multiplier if you sneak. That's right 15x. It can even go as high as 30x if you have a certain item.

The link I provided is for the Bosmer armour set. Pretty cool stuff you should check it out.
pedantic_roc Jul 21, 2014 @ 3:32am 
Originally posted by Lymark:
Just googled, think i will go for Assassin and Thief.

So, you're gonna play nasty. Good times... enjoy your first (of many) adventure. :D
Lymark Jul 21, 2014 @ 3:40am 
Originally posted by Delta 1038:
Think of it less as builds and more of how do you want to kill people in Skyrim. As pedantic said, daggers (1H) are pretty good sneak weapons because they're quite if you miss plus there is a perk for it that gives it a 15x damage multiplier if you sneak. That's right 15x. It can even go as high as 30x if you have a certain item.

The link I provided is for the Bosmer armour set. Pretty cool stuff you should check it out.

I've already downloaded the mod :D So those gears would appear randomly duing in-game,right??

Also, for the daggers, I should equip both left/right hands, or just one dagger?
Delta 1038 Jul 21, 2014 @ 3:43am 
Personally I equip both hands because by the time they get right in my face, they're either a Pincushion and bleeding to death or I'm going to die so I might as well do as much damage as quickly as possible to bring them down.
Lymark Jul 21, 2014 @ 3:46am 
Originally posted by Delta 1038:
Personally I equip both hands because by the time they get right in my face, they're either a Pincushion and bleeding to death or I'm going to die so I might as well do as much damage as quickly as possible to bring them down.

Gotcha thx!
Lymark Jul 21, 2014 @ 3:49am 
one more thing, which attributes should I level up?
Delta 1038 Jul 21, 2014 @ 3:51am 
That's up to you. Do you plan to tank? Focus Health. Do You plan to hit and run? Focus Stamina. You generally won't use magic. I personally follow a ratio;

1:2 (1 Health:2 Stamina)
< >
Showing 1-14 of 14 comments
Per page: 15 30 50

Date Posted: Jul 21, 2014 @ 2:45am
Posts: 14