The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

View Stats:
Elaini Aug 26, 2014 @ 1:44am
When Skyrim meets Runescape
< >
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
BelphegorATS Aug 26, 2014 @ 4:19am 
Nice crossover. I've played Runescape for a while years ago, but I lost interest in it because I felt that I wasn't making too much progress at one point.
pedantic_roc Aug 26, 2014 @ 5:39am 
Lol - my full Bandos looked much better than that Imperial Armor you put on. Nice Vid. :-)
Elaini Aug 26, 2014 @ 10:01am 
Originally posted by BelphegorATS:
Nice crossover. I've played Runescape for a while years ago, but I lost interest in it because I felt that I wasn't making too much progress at one point.
I still have my Runescape account with a few advanced skills and I still have pass to log in if I want to. It's funny to think that I actually do sometimes feel nostalgic over it, but not enough so to actually return.

Interesting MMO which keeps it popular, but legendary for terrible graphics. But it looking cartoonish is the point there is it not...

Also, legendary for the amount of griding it needs to get somewhere, especially for the non subscribers. No wonder some players who reached 99 in all skills became a kind of "superstars".

Originally posted by pedantic_roc:
Lol - my full Bandos looked much better than that Imperial Armor you put on. Nice Vid. :-)
Not my video. :)
Last edited by Elaini; Aug 26, 2014 @ 10:09am
BelphegorATS Aug 26, 2014 @ 4:29pm 
Originally posted by Elaini:
Originally posted by BelphegorATS:
Nice crossover. I've played Runescape for a while years ago, but I lost interest in it because I felt that I wasn't making too much progress at one point.
I still have my Runescape account with a few advanced skills and I still have pass to log in if I want to. It's funny to think that I actually do sometimes feel nostalgic over it, but not enough so to actually return.

Interesting MMO which keeps it popular, but legendary for terrible graphics. But it looking cartoonish is the point there is it not...

Also, legendary for the amount of griding it needs to get somewhere, especially for the non subscribers. No wonder some players who reached 99 in all skills became a kind of "superstars".

Runescape is decent, but I don't think it's enough to hold much attention. It's not like more well known MMOs like World of Warcraft and Dungeons & Dragons to name a couple examples. It's an average game that is fun for a while, but soon becomes uninteresting. I remember reaching level twenty-three with my character, but I became bored since there wasn't much to do since I had no idea where to go for some quests and was just traipsing along at that point.
Elaini Aug 26, 2014 @ 5:55pm 
Originally posted by BelphegorATS:
Runescape is decent, but I don't think it's enough to hold much attention. It's not like more well known MMOs like World of Warcraft and Dungeons & Dragons to name a couple examples. It's an average game that is fun for a while, but soon becomes uninteresting. I remember reaching level twenty-three with my character, but I became bored since there wasn't much to do since I had no idea where to go for some quests and was just traipsing along at that point.
I was a member in some point. You'll notice that it's significantly larger world and a lot more quests when you cross that line.

I got to admit, it was fun to look like a ninja and hold unique mystic staves. And to have a cat, or a house. Also to run obstacle courses and to mix drinks at gnome bar, or to get crystal weaponry from the elves.
Last edited by Elaini; Aug 26, 2014 @ 5:59pm
pedantic_roc Aug 27, 2014 @ 3:06am 
Oops, I feel like a kid now because I was well past level 130 something or other. What topped it for me was the, so called, new optimised interface. It was an utter fudge and just didn't work well. It was good enough for killing chickens but far too unstable for GWD etc. Ah well.

Edit: @Elaini - good find. I recognised Al Kharrid straight away, without reading a thing. :-)
Last edited by pedantic_roc; Aug 27, 2014 @ 3:07am
Elaini Aug 27, 2014 @ 2:24pm 
Originally posted by pedantic_roc:
Oops, I feel like a kid now because I was well past level 130 something or other. What topped it for me was the, so called, new optimised interface. It was an utter fudge and just didn't work well. It was good enough for killing chickens but far too unstable for GWD etc. Ah well.

Edit: @Elaini - good find. I recognised Al Kharrid straight away, without reading a thing. :-)
Runescape is a kind of game that people love, but also love to hate... I don't know why, now that I look back, it feels kind of childish to hate it. Even if it has simple graphics compared to what I play these days, and a few people who were one whelps, but obviously don't like to talk about it. People who are beggars.

I think I'll try what those mods do...

Edit: It's a separate world of it's own, just like RS private server, but with Skyrim graphics. Skills, quests, voiced charcaters and even member cities are all included! I don't know why, but it does make me very happy and warm inside.
Last edited by Elaini; Aug 27, 2014 @ 2:26pm
< >
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
Per page: 15 30 50

Date Posted: Aug 26, 2014 @ 1:44am
Posts: 8