MC Mikey Aug 18 @ 3:21pm
why do i get fps drops?
i ahve a amd fx 8350 gtx 770 and when i try to play on ultra i get fps drops to 35 and its annoying.
Showing 1-15 of 29 comments
< >
GoyoElGringo Aug 18 @ 3:22pm 
Try turning off one setting at a time and see which one is causing the issue.
TeraFlopper Aug 18 @ 4:26pm 
UMM........ SPECS?
MC Mikey Aug 18 @ 4:34pm 
Originally posted by Jeremiah Weed:
UMM........ SPECS?
maybe you should read it again.

SpeedFreak Aug 19 @ 1:31am 
ENB and mods?
Mormacil Aug 19 @ 1:38am 
When do you get the drops? Because things like cell loading is also heavily tied to the speed of your HDD. Running the game from a SSD significantly reduces stutter and FPS drops for me.
And as mentioned above, mods? ENBs?
MC Mikey Aug 19 @ 9:28am 
Originally posted by Mormacil:
When do you get the drops? Because things like cell loading is also heavily tied to the speed of your HDD. Running the game from a SSD significantly reduces stutter and FPS drops for me.
And as mentioned above, mods? ENBs?
i have no mod and i have a 500gb samsung evo ssd.
when i restart computer it will boot right back up to my desktop in 5seconds.
Mormacil Aug 19 @ 10:30am 
Hmm that isn't it then :-/ Any consistency when the drops occur? Lots of FX? NPCs? You use SKSE? Nowadays it uses a memoryfix, the game itself has a bug concerning vanilla. Using the HD texture DLC?
MC Mikey Aug 19 @ 12:01pm 
Originally posted by Mormacil:
Hmm that isn't it then :-/ Any consistency when the drops occur? Lots of FX? NPCs? You use SKSE? Nowadays it uses a memoryfix, the game itself has a bug concerning vanilla. Using the HD texture DLC?
turning down distant object detail to medium stoped giving me fps drops that would go down to 40 and thne back up to 60 which wouod happen constantly. Ive turned down some settings to medium and put -1 on everything in the advanced tab for objects distance and ive installed skse and ctd memory patch and i installed like 20 mods in the steam workshop and it runs 60+ fps so im fine i dont care if everything is ultra and perfect but it would be better if it was. ive tried to run project ebn but it would go down to 45 so i uninstalled it and installed saturation boost and lush trees and more graphics stuff in steam workshop and it looks really good so im good for now.
Last edited by MC Mikey; Aug 19 @ 12:01pm
☜SX☞Bʟᴀᴋᴇ Aug 19 @ 12:08pm 
Originally posted by CaptainDerp:
i ahve a amd fx 8350 gtx 770 and when i try to play on ultra i get fps drops to 35 and its annoying.
Sometimes your fps drops when you're outside or in whiterun.
MC Mikey Aug 19 @ 12:10pm 
Originally posted by ☜SX☞eBoy™:
Originally posted by CaptainDerp:
i ahve a amd fx 8350 gtx 770 and when i try to play on ultra i get fps drops to 35 and its annoying.
Sometimes your fps drops when you're outside or in whiterun.
anywhere except indoors
GoyoElGringo Aug 19 @ 12:41pm 
Did you do what I said?
MC Mikey Aug 19 @ 12:46pm 
Originally posted by GoyoElGringo:
Did you do what I said?
i just kept researching and someone that to turn down distant object detail and I also had to lower other settings cause i was still getting 50 fps at some spots
and im pretty ♥♥♥♥ed that i cant run this game on ultra and stuff that are far away look like crap.
Last edited by MC Mikey; Aug 19 @ 12:47pm
MC Mikey Aug 19 @ 12:49pm 
Originally posted by GoyoElGringo:
Did you do what I said?
I turned v-sync off in the nvidia controll panel and now it shows over 60 fps.
I think that was the problem i havent drop 70fps on ultra yet!! ill see what happen when i install enb and more more mods
Last edited by MC Mikey; Aug 19 @ 12:53pm
GoyoElGringo Aug 19 @ 12:53pm 
Originally posted by CaptainDerp:
Originally posted by GoyoElGringo:
Did you do what I said?
I turned v-sync off in the nvidia controll panel and now it shows over 60 fps.
Yeah people have had problems using Nvidia v-sync(or so I've read). You should turn it on in the game engine and leave it off in the Nvidia control panel.
GoyoElGringo Aug 19 @ 12:55pm 
Also, the game engine is supposed to run at 60 fps, and it can mess with the physics using a higher FPS. Usually turning on v-sync is enough to keep at 60, but you can also use ENBoost to set the frame cap to 60 if you are experiencing micro-stutters.
Showing 1-15 of 29 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Aug 18 @ 3:21pm
Posts: 29