Gorsondor Aug 18, 2014 @ 2:05pm
SKSE & CK
I've had SKSE for a long time, but now I have to ask...

Does CK use SKSE member functions AFTER you install SKSE or do you have to do some odd fancy tech magic.
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
< >
Grathagis Aug 18, 2014 @ 2:08pm 
Isn't it possible to load SKSE into the CK as a masterfile ?
Last edited by Grathagis; Aug 18, 2014 @ 2:08pm
Gorsondor Aug 18, 2014 @ 2:09pm 
Originally posted by Grathagis:
Isn't it possible to load SKSE into the CK as a masterfile ?

Idk, I only have Skyrim, Update, Dawnguard, Hearthfires, and Dragonborn as my master files.

SKSE isn't even in there
Grathagis Aug 18, 2014 @ 2:14pm 
Kelvy Aug 18, 2014 @ 2:19pm 
CK adds to game info (the base mechanics for Skyrim), SKSE is a third party launcher if a modder uses it as a trigger function, as needed for SKYUI (and others) then that mod/mods will require SKSE to launch it and to run properly and not through the game base play button(steam). So yes to this question. (Someone with more modding experience can explain it in more details)
Gorsondor Aug 18, 2014 @ 2:19pm 
Originally posted by Grathagis:
http://www.gamesas.com/skse-how-use-with-creation-kit-scripts-t260720.html
I found this. Is this what you mean ?
sort of, but not exactly useful info...
Gorsondor Aug 18, 2014 @ 2:23pm 
Originally posted by Kelvy:
CK adds to game info (the base mechanics for Skyrim), SKSE is a third party launcher if a modder uses it as a trigger function, as needed for SKYUI (and others) then that mod/mods will require SKSE to launch it and to run properly and not through the game base play button(steam). So yes to this question. (Someone with more modding experience can explain it in more details)

I know how SKSE works, but my question was does SKSE auto-install its member functions to be used in CK or do I have to do manual installs of the member functions.
Grathagis Aug 18, 2014 @ 2:25pm 
Originally posted by Gorsondor:
Originally posted by Grathagis:
http://www.gamesas.com/skse-how-use-with-creation-kit-scripts-t260720.html
I found this. Is this what you mean ?
sort of, but not exactly useful info...
Sorry. I thought you were working with the CK and wanted to use SKSE.
Gorsondor Aug 18, 2014 @ 2:32pm 
Originally posted by Grathagis:
Originally posted by Gorsondor:
sort of, but not exactly useful info...
Sorry. I thought you were working with the CK and wanted to use SKSE.

I do want to use SKSE, I've been trying to get it to work, I just don't know how to MAKE IT work.

The reason why I made this thread is because SKSE had a member function called GetEnchantment and when I try to use it on a (thus far) successful script, CK said the function did NOT exist.
Grathagis Aug 18, 2014 @ 3:17pm 
On the offchance that I am completely wrong again, I googled some. I found this link : http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/726310-simple-call-to-skse-command/
Excerpt:
One does not need to import SKSE nor use SKSE.*****(). Copy the files in /data/scripts from the skse archive to skyrim/data/scripts. Skyrim likes to 'update' those files sometimes.


Last edited by Grathagis; Aug 18, 2014 @ 3:17pm
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Aug 18, 2014 @ 2:05pm
Posts: 9