☼ Xailene ☼ Aug 9, 2014 @ 6:29pm
Becoming a Thane of Riften - Quest Problem.
I'm doing the quest for the Jarl - taking care of the Skooma problem with the dealers in Cragslane Cavern - and I'm not sure how I'm going to be able to finish this.

When I first entered the cave and came along the main room, I ran back out of the cave so I didn't get too damaged by all of their weapons. Managed to kill three Gamblers before my mana ran out so I retreated while my mana was regenerating. When I did that, however, the two people following me lost me - one of them being the Barkeep.

I thought they'd just reappear in the cave if I fast-travelled away and waited a few days, but they haven't. I've tried searching the area for them, but I can't remember the exact route I used and I haven't been able to find them.
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
< >
jaderive Aug 9, 2014 @ 6:31pm 
Re load to a previous save ?
☼ Xailene ☼ Aug 9, 2014 @ 6:34pm 
Originally posted by jaderive:
Re load to a previous save ?

Way too late for that. :/
The American Dream Aug 9, 2014 @ 6:52pm 
Originally posted by ℒαʊяα:
Originally posted by jaderive:
Re load to a previous save ?

Way too late for that. :/
Unless you use a console command to reset the quest, then there's probably nothing you can do.
☼ Xailene ☼ Aug 9, 2014 @ 6:53pm 
Originally posted by The American Dream:
Originally posted by ℒαʊяα:

Way too late for that. :/
Unless you use a console command to reset the quest, then there's probably nothing you can do.

How would I do that? I need to finish the quest so I can get the house in Riften.
Last edited by ☼ Xailene ☼; Aug 9, 2014 @ 6:53pm
Андрей Aug 9, 2014 @ 7:04pm 
Yeah, console commands are probably your best option. Just use player.setstage FreeformRiften01 40, and you should be able to carry on and become the Thane of Riften.

Or, you could check to see if any of the bandits you already killed are still lying in the cave. If they are, try resurrecting and killing them until you have a total of seven kills.
Last edited by Андрей; Aug 9, 2014 @ 7:08pm
☼ Xailene ☼ Aug 9, 2014 @ 7:14pm 
Originally posted by Андрей:
Yeah, console commands are probably your best option. Just use player.setstage FreeformRiften01 40, and you should be able to carry on and become the Thane of Riften.

Or, you could check to see if any of the bandits you already killed are still lying in the cave. If they are, try resurrecting and killing them until you have a total of seven kills.

Just tried the console command. Seemed to let me complete the quest, so I guess it worked even though I still never found the Barkeep. Thank you!
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Aug 9, 2014 @ 6:29pm
Posts: 6