Sonic Generations

Sonic Generations

View Stats:
SORID SNEK Aug 11, 2013 @ 7:18am
Sonic Lost World
Well, discuss.
Last video:
http://youtu.be/P4hrratalnY
< >
Showing 1-13 of 13 comments
FeedMeCheese Aug 20, 2013 @ 1:00pm 
Looks great! I'm not sure why the decided to release it as a Wii/DS exclusive though :/ I'd have bought this if it was coming to PC :(
SORID SNEK Aug 21, 2013 @ 1:00am 
If you are casual gamer - of course looks great.
MrFluffyWolf Aug 21, 2013 @ 4:26pm 
Originally posted by Maverick Σ:
If you are casual gamer - of course looks great.
>implying there's ever been a "hardcore" sonic game?
SORID SNEK Aug 22, 2013 @ 8:43am 
Originally posted by MrFluffyWolf:
Originally posted by Maverick Σ:
If you are casual gamer - of course looks great.
>implying there's ever been a "hardcore" sonic game?
You again piece of f*ck with your "if it's fun - it's good"? Just GTFO fake fan.
MrFluffyWolf Aug 22, 2013 @ 9:59am 
Originally posted by Maverick Σ:
Originally posted by MrFluffyWolf:
>implying there's ever been a "hardcore" sonic game?
You again piece of f*ck with your "if it's fun - it's good"? Just GTFO fake fan.
Oh, wow. Didn't even recognize your name at first.
Anywho, cry some more little one, cry some more. "fake fan"? Just because I have a different opinion than yours that actually reflects what the majority thinks makes me a "fake" fan?
But this is irrelivant anyway, my question still stands. At what point in history could sonic games ever be considered "hardcore" games? It was a casual series since it's inception, as are ALL kids games. I love SA2 to DEATH but I'm not going to kid myself into calling it a hardcore game.
DarthNocturnal Aug 22, 2013 @ 4:59pm 
Everyone has a different idea as to what "hardcore" and "casual" means. It's like trying to define "normal". What's normal to one person might be unusual for another.

I personally just play what I want and don't care too much about labels. I wish others would do the same, honestly. It's like some people are afraid to like anything that isn't "hardcore" in their eyes. Like it'll taint them or somesuch.
MrFluffyWolf Aug 22, 2013 @ 5:20pm 
Originally posted by DarthNocturnal:
Everyone has a different idea as to what "hardcore" and "casual" means. It's like trying to define "normal". What's normal to one person might be unusual for another.

I personally just play what I want and don't care too much about labels. I wish others would do the same, honestly. It's like some people are afraid to like anything that isn't "hardcore" in their eyes. Like it'll taint them or somesuch.

I for the most part am the same way, except I do use labels sometimes because it makes it easier to describe what games are like if you have a couple descriptive labels you can use to describe them.
As such my general definitions for Harcore and Casual that I've come to through talking to others is that a "hardcore" game is a game that requires some amount of practice and skill to be good at. That it takes time to get good, and requires you to train either at the games core mechanics or at some advanced techniques in the game. Overall they're also more marketed towards adult audiences. MOST hardcore games by this definition are competitve multiplayer games that focus on player skill and reflex. Most fighting games and FPS games and even some old school retro games like Ninja Gaiden can be called hardcore.
Casual games are usually more kid-friendly, don't require as much skill, put a bigger focus on your playable character getting stronger or gaining abilities as the game progresses rather than when the player learns something (but by no means is that a hard and fast law.) Generally I'd consider casual to be more "pick up and play" type games anyone can just start playing and not have too much difficulty understanding how to play or what they're doing in the game.

Really I find it funny how "casual" games are so scoffed at and considered that cancer killing modern gaming when casual games have made up the majority off all games since gaming's very invention. Most games that people herald as great clasics of the SNES and N64 are what we would call casual simply because they are so simple and easy to pick up, and the difficulty curve of most games wasn't too bad until later on when you would have gotten good naturally.
SORID SNEK Aug 22, 2013 @ 10:14pm 
I never said that previous games has hardcore. It was normal. Not PRESS X TO WIN and ve-e-ery easy levels.
"if it's fun - it's good"
Just read it. Just read this sh*t again. Ride to Hell:Retribution is fun. Postal 2 is fun. And what? They are good?

Every Sonic game after SA2 becomes worse and worse. If you cant see how bad is SLW if you so blind and can't see obvious things I have nothing to talk to you. You can't understand that games about our blue hedgehog can be BETTER than... SLW.
I'm fan since 1999. I still can play S3&K on my Genesis. That was great adventure for every age. THat giant thing, Death Egg. And misterious guy who want me dead, Knuckles. That cool machines, creations of Robotnik. Do you remember that awesome level in space? When music blows up your balls and you flying as Hyper Sonic? Of course not.

And now look at SLW. Last uploaded cutscene. Eggman was pwned by monsters from "Monster Inc.". Holy sh*t, and this guy created Death Egg! TWICE! Sonic behaves like an idiot. "LOOK ITS EGGMAAAH WE NEED TO PWN HIM AND NO MATTER WHAT WILL HAPPEN IF ILL PUNCH THING IN HIS HAND AWAY. NOW IMMA STUPID CHARACTER GOTTA GO FAAAAAST". Tails was also was pwnt (too much use pwnt) by Buzz Bomber. And he can't fly away by himself because... because... BECAUSE.
MrFluffyWolf Aug 22, 2013 @ 10:38pm 
Originally posted by Maverick Σ:
I never said that previous games has hardcore. It was normal. Not PRESS X TO WIN and ve-e-ery easy levels.
"if it's fun - it's good"
Just read it. Just read this sh*t again. Ride to Hell:Retribution is fun. Postal 2 is fun. And what? They are good?
Uhm, are out definitions of fun different? I have noticed you have a very poor grasp of the english language so let me clarify, "fun" means "entertaining" Fun is a good thing. When you have fun, you are having fun, you are happy. Having fun IS THE EXACT ♥♥♥♥ING REASON VIDEO GAMES WERE INVENTED IN THE FIRST PLACE, SO IN WHAT UNIVERSE DO PEOPLE NOT USE HOW "FUN" A GAME IS TO JUDGE HOW GOOD IT IS?
Originally posted by Maverick Σ:
Do you remember that awesome level in space? When music blows up your balls and you flying as Hyper Sonic? Of course not.
Actually, I do remember. Why do I remember? Because S3&K was the first game I ever had as a child. I had a PC port and played with a USB controller, but it was still S3&K. And it was still my first game, so yes in fact, I DO remember jackhat. The reason why I consider myself a sonic fan may have something to do with the fact that was the first video game I ever played as a child and loved to death.
And to the last point,
Originally posted by Maverick Σ:
If you cant see how bad is SLW if you so blind and can't see obvious things I have nothing to talk to you. You can't understand that games about our blue hedgehog can be BETTER than... SLW.
How is it bad? What objective evidence do you have? That's right, None because the game isn't out yet. All that stuff that's in trailers that you use as "obvious reasons why the game is bad" ARE NOT ACTUALL PIECES OF EVIDENCE.
The evidence you use is equivilant to using what the bible says as evidence to support a scientific claim.
If you haven't played it, you can't make a proper judgement. This is a universal law that has absolutly no exceptions whatsoever. If you think you are an exception, this is merely because you are arrogant and believe all your opinions to be irrefutible fact, when in fact, there are just opinion.
Also you say "NOW IMMA STUPID CHARACTER GOTTA GO FAAAST" as if Sonic has ever had good writing.
Allow me to quote SA2 to prove to you that the series has NEVER had good writing. *ahem*
"I'm going to take this emerald, and slam dunk it in there!"
I repeat: "Slam dunk it in there"
If ever in the history of videogame writing there was a more idiotic quote, I have yet to hear it.
Man I hate it when people fight on the discussions, we all have our different opinions on things, thats why we come here to discuss things about them!!!
Holder of Doors Aug 24, 2013 @ 12:04pm 
Originally posted by DevilChao13:
Man I hate it when people fight on the discussions, we all have our different opinions on things, thats why we come here to discuss things about them!!!
Totally agree- Also looking forward to Sonic Lost World even though im only gonna be owning it on 3DS :)
a terrible name Aug 24, 2013 @ 5:14pm 
I hate to not be part of the fight, but I agree with "If it's fun It's good", I think SLW looks like ♥♥♥♥, and I think it could definitely improve. But what do we know? WE HAVEN'T PLAYED IT. But anyway, like he said, VIDEO GAMES WERE MADE TO BE FUN. IF IT'S FUN, IT'S WHAT IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE.
< >
Showing 1-13 of 13 comments
Per page: 15 30 50

Date Posted: Aug 11, 2013 @ 7:18am
Posts: 13