Setting Up, Troubleshooting, Configuring and Optimizing the Game – Noob & Pro Guide
Everything you want to know about Setting Up, Configuring, Optimizing (Tweaking) and Troubleshooting the Game!http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=229268193
There are lots of information in this guide that you will find interesting! Solve the more common problems like "Configuration Tool Not Opening" or "Game Showing a Black Screen", set up and configure non Xbox360 Controllers in the game (including Vibration), fixing stuttering for good and much more!!
(See below for some Interesting Images the guide has!)
# Here's a resumed Index of everything you can find in this guide!1 - Basic Configuration:
2 - Making the game run fast on Low/Mid-Range computers
- How to run the Configuration Tool
- Setting up your Direct Input (Non-Xbox360(Non Xinput)) Controller
- Enabling Vibration (Force Feedback) on your Generic Controller
3 - Improving Quality on High/Enthusiast-Range Computers
- Learning how every quality setting affects the game
- Finding the best resolution
- Finding the best Frame Rate Target
- Learning about and why Frame Capping is good contrary to popular believe
- Using the Unleashed Render to highly increase FPS performance
- Using D3DO to force proper stable VSync and Triple Buffering
- Locking the game’s Frame Rate for a butter-smooth, console-like experience
4 - Other Tweaks and Improvements (High/Enthusiast-Range Computers only)
- Fixing VSync Stability (Stuttering)
- Improving the game’s Graphical Quality (with picture samples!)
- Using D3DO (or Nvidia Inspector / Radeon Pro) to force proper stable VSync and Triple Buffering
- How to Apply the Quality Settings on AMD/ATI Cards
- How to Apply the Quality Settings on Nvidia Cards
5 - Troubleshooting
- Playing in Eyefinity
- Playing With 3D Vision
- Minimum System Requirements
- Wrong GPU detected/being used
- Cannot open game "No valid graphics configuration file found..."
- Configuration Tool not opening / crashing (Missing MSVCP*.dll)
- Game Black Screens / Crashes
- Sound Problems
- The game is Too Slow!
- Known Online Time Attack Problems
- Known In-Game Bugs
- General Good Advice for Everyone
# Pretty Pictures from The Guide!
Here are some pictures you might like from the guide! You can also do this on your PC by following it (and if you have the required hardware!):# Higher Quality Graphics(Click here for Comparison VS Default):[screenshotcomparison.com]# Eyefinity Epicness!
If you have any comments to make, suggestions, new stuff to add on the guide or even find wrong information on the guide, just write it down here in the comments, or talk to me on Steam!