Sonic Adventure DX

Sonic Adventure DX

View Stats:
Kitta Raya Mar 24, 2014 @ 7:12pm
Rotating Camera
Everytime I just stand still the camera keeps rotating around and around and around etc. It makes the game unplayable just from level 1. Is there any fix?
< >
Showing 1-15 of 20 comments
funewchie Mar 24, 2014 @ 7:38pm 
I had this problem once. Thankfully I was able to solve it.

Are you using x360ce to use a gamepad/controller?
Leonard Mar 25, 2014 @ 8:42am 
Did you replace the game with the 2004 version?
funewchie Mar 25, 2014 @ 8:57am 
Originally posted by Leonard:
Did you replace the game with the 2004 version?

I would doubt that they have.
But then, even I'm just using what came with Steam.

I had the problem too, because I was trying to get a DualShock 2-esque controller to work with the game using x360ce.
At a user's suggestion, to solve the problem: I took the file it creates, xinput3_1.dll, and renamed it to xinput9_1_0.dll.
Much to my surprise, it stopped the camera spinning issue.
Leonard Mar 25, 2014 @ 9:56am 
Originally posted by funewchie:
Originally posted by Leonard:
Did you replace the game with the 2004 version?

I would doubt that they have.
But then, even I'm just using what came with Steam.

I had the problem too, because I was trying to get a DualShock 2-esque controller to work with the game using x360ce.
At a user's suggestion, to solve the problem: I took the file it creates, xinput3_1.dll, and renamed it to xinput9_1_0.dll.
Much to my surprise, it stopped the camera spinning issue.
Yeah,i was asking because i had this issue when i replaced the files but there was a fix for that.
Kitta Raya Mar 25, 2014 @ 2:58pm 
I'm using a version I downloaded off of a website. The controller I'm using is xinput according to steam.
AnthroFurry Apr 7, 2014 @ 9:10am 
This is a common problem, i solved it by simply using a 360 controller. There are other ways but this was the least hassle for me.
Kitta Raya Apr 14, 2014 @ 1:36pm 
I tried using xbox360ce and it doesn't seem to work. I tried putting it in the folders lf the games I wanted to try like Portal 2 (Using Different controller at this point and it works in SADX :p) and TF2 but it didn't work.
funewchie Apr 14, 2014 @ 3:05pm 
Did you try renaming the file xinput3_1.dll to xinput9_1_0.dll?
Kitta Raya Apr 14, 2014 @ 4:04pm 
Yeah and it did nothing
Kitta Raya Apr 14, 2014 @ 5:10pm 
It seems to work only on TF2...
AnthroFurry May 3, 2014 @ 3:13am 
xbox360ce dosent work for this, i tried it too before just ordering a real 360 controller. :(
funewchie May 3, 2014 @ 7:53am 
Originally posted by AnthroFurry:
xbox360ce dosent work for this, i tried it too before just ordering a real 360 controller. :(

What?
It works on SADX, I use it on mine. Had to, to get a PS2-type controller to work for it. The idea is that it makes your controller register to the game as an Xbox 360 controller.

Of course, if you have an actual Xbox 360 PC controller, then you shouldn't need x360ce.
AnthroFurry May 5, 2014 @ 12:44pm 
Originally posted by funewchie:
Originally posted by AnthroFurry:
xbox360ce dosent work for this, i tried it too before just ordering a real 360 controller. :(

What?
It works on SADX, I use it on mine. Had to, to get a PS2-type controller to work for it. The idea is that it makes your controller register to the game as an Xbox 360 controller.

Of course, if you have an actual Xbox 360 PC controller, then you shouldn't need x360ce.

It worked for you? I never got x360ce to resolve the spinning camera issue for me so eventually i just gave up in frustration and went to the store. I need my Sonic!

Hmm, i wonder what we did different...
funewchie May 6, 2014 @ 7:46am 
Originally posted by AnthroFurry:
It worked for you? I never got x360ce to resolve the spinning camera issue for me so eventually i just gave up in frustration and went to the store. I need my Sonic!

Hmm, i wonder what we did different...

I had that problem, too.
Like I said earlier, I was able to fix it by renaming the xinput3_1.dll to xinput9_1_0.dll.

Sounds strange, but it did correct the issue, somehow.
Kitta Raya May 6, 2014 @ 1:11pm 
That doesn't seem to work when I use it as a method in games. I tried that with Portal 2 and that completely killed my mouse controls.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 20 comments
Per page: 15 30 50

Date Posted: Mar 24, 2014 @ 7:12pm
Posts: 20