Nightmare (SOS団) Aug 2, 2013 @ 9:20am
I want to strangle that little girl!
Who agrees?
Showing 1-15 of 17 comments
< >
Time Gambit Aug 2, 2013 @ 9:28am 
"This is for my little brother!"

"Okay, how's 60% of base sound?"

"This is dumb!"

*combo ruined*

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!!!!
Nightmare (SOS団) Aug 2, 2013 @ 9:39am 
#SuperSaiyan
cearn Aug 2, 2013 @ 10:00am 
The problem here is that each customer has a certain budget and if you try to sell items above that, well, that won't work. In the little girl's case, the starting budget is 600pix (yes, really), so you have to be careful with what you sell.

The budget rises with customer reputation[recettear.wikia.com]. After a couple of sales, customers will 'level up', as indicated by a little heart during the transaction. The first heart increases that customer's budget by 10x (later by 10%). It is at that point that you will be able to sell them more expensive stuff.

How fast reputation increases depends on how you treat your customers. If you hit the pin bonusses (sell at around 105-110%), merchant XP and customer reputation rises much faster than if you try to squeeze every penny out of them.

But yeah, the little girls are just about the most annoying customers ... until you meet Euria, fo course.
Last edited by cearn; Aug 2, 2013 @ 10:00am
Solar Aug 2, 2013 @ 10:20am 
That little girl gets way too much allowance from her parents. Giant Fist for Elan at like 50% off, and he'll say: "That's way too much." but selling Odd Vase for 23,000 pix to the little girl and I get: "I'm a good shopper, right?" "NO! You're NOT! You just bought a ♥♥♥♥ing worthless ornament for an absurd amount of money!"
THE MILK MAN Aug 2, 2013 @ 3:43pm 
Everytime that little girl or Euria walk into my store, I know I'm not getting my "Just Chain" going that time.
SanguineTear Aug 2, 2013 @ 4:53pm 
She never gave me much of an issue, I just sold her cheap stuff stuff at good prices to make her happy, and then when a book boom came around I made a cozy profit from selling a ton of books to her and her clone army.
CerealGuns Aug 2, 2013 @ 4:58pm 
That little girl is a ridiculously savvy consumer for her age.
Ryuu-kun Aug 3, 2013 @ 3:28am 
Now imagine a little Euria…
dilworks Aug 3, 2013 @ 8:56pm 
Again, none of you numbnuts know how to deal propely with litte girls.

- Sell her CHEAP junk (i.e. try to not stock too much fancy crap).

- Assume that during your first days/weeks, you will lose money with those girls.

- Eventually after you hit the right rep values, these litte daughters of hell will gladly you pay obscene ammounts of money for useless pricey junk.

Euria, on the other side...
Last edited by dilworks; Aug 3, 2013 @ 8:56pm
Ryder Aug 5, 2013 @ 5:02am 
I dont know man them housewifes, always selling me useless stuff. Nothing beats Euria of course, and who knew little girls were more bargin hunters then housewifes.
PRVT. FLUFFY CUPCAKE SPARKLES Aug 12, 2013 @ 10:16am 
LISTIN LITTLE GIIRRRLLL this is an ITEM SHOP not a CHARITY HOUSE people come in here WITH MONEY TO BUY THINGS if you ain't got no money take your broke *** home
Severstarr Aug 13, 2013 @ 3:24pm 
Buy items from Euria for 210%. That's roughly the lowest she'll sell at without any chance of haggling. 200% often works, but there is still a chance she'll try to haggle.
Waypoint Aug 15, 2013 @ 5:19pm 
Customer reputation is key. A customer's final 10-rep wallet is about 100 times bigger than their starting 0-rep wallet, and it scales linearly between them as reputation increases. For every rep level you're getting a touch under 10% of their MAX wallet -- so for the first one or two levels it increases tremendously.

As Cearn said, the little girl starts at 600 pix. Here's what it looks like as you build up her reputation.

0 - 600
1 - 6540
2 - 12,480
3 - 18,420
4 - 24,360
5 - 30,300
6 - 36,240
7 - 42,180
8 - 48,120
9 - 54,060
10 - 60,000

Getting that first couple levels quickly -- not just on the girl, but on every customer -- is crucial so they can afford the next tiers of goods. But reputation only increases if you make a sale without haggling. So you have to ignore Tear's lecture and don't try to gouge them for 130% of every sale. Instead, sell at 104% and buy at 70% -- these are both near most customers' expected Just Price, will almost always go off the first time (Prime might haggle anyway -- she actually lies and haggles against prices that she'll take), and still gives you quite a healthy profit margin.

This has several advantages. First, you build up reputation and get an early start on boosting their wallets. Second, 104% is almost always near their preferred price, so you'll get a Near Pin bonus on almost every sale -- this doubles the reputation gain and gives you extra experience for each sale (you'll get even bigger bonuses to both for a Just Pin that nails it exactly, but there's a lot of randomness there. If it happens, great). Third, uninterrupted chains of no-haggle sales exponentially increase the experience you get for each, so your Merhcant Level skyrockets and you can access higher-tier goods.

This is probably the most frustrating part of the game, that the tutorial tells you how to play poorly and gives you no indication of what's really going on. Following this, though, the little girl was cheerfully buying 30,000 pix rings and 40,000 pix books by the end of the month.

Also,

"This is for my little brother!"

"Okay, how's 60% of base sound?"

"This is dumb!"

*combo ruined*

That scenario is actually impossible. If a customer picks up an item themselves, they will always be able to afford the sale at their expected Just Price of ~104%, regardless of whether their current wallet size would allow it. If it's red, they'll be able to afford it up to about 230%.

If it's still early in the game though, keep several lowest-tier items from each category handy just to be safe. Wallet constraints are in full force for orders and recommendations.
Last edited by Waypoint; Aug 15, 2013 @ 5:23pm
cearn Aug 15, 2013 @ 11:45pm 
Originally posted by Waypoint:
Customer reputation is key. A customer's final 10-rep wallet is about 100 times bigger than their starting 0-rep wallet, and it scales linearly between them as reputation increases. For every rep level you're getting a touch under 10% of their MAX wallet -- so for the first one or two levels it increases tremendously.

As Cearn said, the little girl starts at 600 pix. Here's what it looks like as you build up her reputation.

0 - 600
1 - 6540
2 - 12,480
3 - 18,420
4 - 24,360
5 - 30,300
6 - 36,240
7 - 42,180
8 - 48,120
9 - 54,060
10 - 60,000
Just curious, where did you find these exact figures? I was going by the guideline from the wiki (10x for the first heart, ~10% of max later), but have never seen actual numbers anywhere.

Originally posted by Waypoint:
Getting that first couple levels quickly -- not just on the girl, but on every customer -- is crucial so they can afford the next tiers of goods. But reputation only increases if you make a sale without haggling. So you have to ignore Tear's lecture and don't try to gouge them for 130% of every sale. Instead, sell at 104% and buy at 70% -- these are both near most customers' expected Just Price, will almost always go off the first time (Prime might haggle anyway -- she actually lies and haggles against prices that she'll take), and still gives you quite a healthy profit margin.
I've actually done some experiments lately with percentages lately, and found that haggling doesn't really matter when it comes to reputation -- just don't scare them off. What really matters is getting the bonuses. Even if you keep the percentages to just within the no-haggle range, you get hearts at about the same rate as if you haggle constantly.

The way it currently looks to me is:
  • greedy haggler (sell at 130%, buy at 40-50%) : cheap items and low budgets, but you make so much money that it doesn't matter (at least in the first 2 weeks. Can't say yet now bad it gets without tier-4 items in later weeks)
  • greedy comboer (sell/buy just within no-haggling range, see wiki) : expensive items but low budgets. You have good items, but most customers can't buy them yet.
  • friendly merchant (sell ~108%, buy ~ 70%) : good items and bug budgets. You have good items and can sell them as well.

  • In the 2-week tests I've done, the friendly merchant and greedy haggler seem to have the most money right now, but that may change as the latter will not get 10k+ items until the last week, while with the other two classes I'll have 50k items soon enough.
Ryuu-kun Aug 16, 2013 @ 12:59am 
Originally posted by cearn:
Just curious, where did you find these exact figures? I was going by the guideline from the wiki (10x for the first heart, ~10% of max later), but have never seen actual numbers anywhere.
It's really easy to calculate yourself -_-
Budget(level) = Start_Budget + ( Max_Budget - Start_Budget ) / 10 * level
Girl(5) = 600 + (60000 - 600) / 10 * 5 = 30 300

Originally posted by cearn:
I've actually done some experiments lately with percentages lately, and found that haggling doesn't really matter when it comes to reputation -- just don't scare them off.
http://recettear.wikia.com/wiki/Customer_Reputation
Reputation experience is earned as follows:
Action Reputation Earned
Get a Just Bonus without Haggling +5
Get a Just Bonus after Haggling with Prime +4
Get a Near Pin (whether you haggled or not) +2
Make a deal that doesn't earn any bonuses +1
Drive a customer away with extreme pricing -1
Offer a price beyond a customer's budget on an order -1
Haggle three times on a single item -1
Last edited by Ryuu-kun; Aug 16, 2013 @ 1:00am
Showing 1-15 of 17 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50