Tomb Raider: Legend follows Lara as she goes on another adventure to discover artifacts from a time long forgotten, in exotic, varied, and beautiful locations around the globe.
+ Amazing puzzles
+ Fun traversal
+ Nice variety
+ Easy combat
+ Fun boss fights
- Repetitive combat
- Driving levels seem drawn outTomb Raider Legend is much like other games in the series, with enjoyable traversal, fun and challenging puzzles, and a nice variety of each, no puzzle being the same. The combat is easy; however can get quite boring to me as you simply lock on and then hold left click for the majority. Boss fights bring some new things to the table revolving combat, and make it less repetitive and menial. There are also some driving levels when you are on a bike, with some combat, which seemed drawn out and unnecessarily long to me. All in all, great gameplay with nothing being too miserable to progress through.
+ Easy controls
+ Easy combat
- Lara sometimes just, doesn't do what you want her to
- Occasionally frustrating camera placementThe controls and camera in Legend are quite good, much better than previous games. She is easy to control, and the combat is easy to aim. However sometimes Lara just, doesn't do what you want her to, and the camera placement can be frustrating and cause you to miss jumps, but nothing game breaking by any means.
+ Beautiful level design
+ Amazing variety in levels
+ Nice sound/music throughout
- Some graphical glitchesThe levels were beautifully done, and had an amazing amount of variety. No level looked the same and each had something cool to look it. The sound and music were nice as well, nothing being terrible, but nothing truly amazing either. There are some graphical glitches that you will come across, but nothing that will prevent you from playing or progressing.
+ Amazing, engaging story
+ Interested from beginning to end
- Some annoying dialogue from Lara's companions
- Short compared to other games in the seriesThe story in Legend is amazing; I loved every minute of it. It was well done, well thought out, and kept me interested throughout the whole story. It got a lot of reactions as well, from simple laughs to "Oh my god, that's awesome!" and "Wow, Lara is such a badass!" Some of the dialogue coming from her companions simply was not needed, and just came off as annoying. Most comments and banter between them and Lara were funny or entertaining, but other parts were just not needed.
Quick ReviewOverall, Legend is an amazing addition to the Tomb Raider series. Like the many other games, it has challenging and entertaining puzzles, with incredibly fun traversal. The combat falls short occasionally, being repetitive, but the boss fights stop it from being unbearable. Legend's story is engaging and interesting, and will keep you interested throughout, but is a little on the short side compared to other games in the series.
Amazing addition to a beloved game series.
Buy it. 9/10