FIXED Half-Life HD pack
GENERAL INFORMATIONAs HL Wiki says:
On August 25, 2005, the High Definition Pack was made available for free through Steam by Valve. However, Valve was criticized for not using the fixed version of the models, which were already available in Gearbox's patch for Blue Shift.
SOLUTION1. Uninstall Half-Life and completely remove any HL files from your Steam folder.
2. Enable "SteamPipe Beta" in properties of the game.
3. Install Half-Life.
4. Download official Blue Shift 18.104.22.168 Patch.
5. Use Universal Extractor to unpack the installer.
6. You'll find 22 *.mdl files in UPGRADEDIR\valve_hd\models\ Move them to Steam\steamapps\common\Half-Life\valve_hd\models\ (replace the old ones).
7. Run the game. Make sure you have HD models enabled in Video Options.
ADDONSOpposing Force and Blue Shift are still using old GCF file format, which can't be modified directly. So you'll need to use PHL Fixed HD Pack and Blue Shift Unlocked mod.
P.S.This patch was released in 2001 and it's still not available on Steam. Shame on you, Valve.
Last edited by iNeverAskedForThis; Feb 11, 2013 @ 8:52pm
Date Posted: Feb 1, 2013 @ 9:40pm