Thanks for your support! We’re thrilled to see the positive reception to our latest news[www.dungeondefenders.com]
, and we can’t wait to watch Dungeon Defenders grow.
As promised, here is the public beta build of our first planned update to Dungeon Defenders. This current version of the beta build is for Windows only. We’re currently looking into providing Mac and Linux builds.
This is a beta build, so you can expect to see bugs and issues. Early next week, we are incrementing save files for the beta branch, which means that you will enter this branch with all the stuff you currently have in the live game. Incrementing, though, also means that you will now have two parallel save files -- one for live, and one for beta -- where gains in one will not translate to the other. In the meantime, you can start fresh heroes on Ranked or play on Open.
If you don’t see a requested bug fix or quality of life change below, please share it in the comments! It’s our goal to provide the Community Development Team with the tools required to make requested changes after our patches, and in order to do so, we need to make sure we have as many bases covered with our upcoming DDDK changes. It’s also important to test this patch as much as possible, so please take the time to run through the patch and post your bug reports in this Bug Report form.Patch Notes
- Added Moonbase to Ranked. We need your help in verifying loot drops on the map. If you could please post your loot drops in this Loot Reporting form, it would be greatly appreciated. Loot balance is the most critical element of this update.
- Player mana ceiling increased to 2 trillion.
- Inventory limit increased to 600 for Ultimate Defenders.
- Added an option for hosts to disallow the selling of allied towers.
- Added “unlock all” and “lock all” buttons.
- Potential fix for the items being lost during a trade. If you see this happening in the public beta test, please let us know.
- Auras are now darker in the middle and shouldn’t cause framerate drops.
- Players can now hide their accessories without losing the stat bonuses they provide.
- Players can set a rarity tier filter for the minimap.
- Higher-tiered items are layered over lower-tiered items on the minimap.
- Highest-tier items have their own color on the minimap.
- Players can now move while trying to find where to build a tower.
- “An Ogre Has Arrived” text and noise has been removed.
- Items dropped by the player now drop directly in front of the player to improve accuracy and reduce frustration with setting up tavern shops.
- Reduced the number bosses on Greater Turkey Hunt.
- The display method for damage and mana numbers have been changed to extend their range.
- Custom maps from the Steam Workshop will not work with the beta branch. We’re investigating this.
- We want to fix the hard crashes for Crystalline Dimension, but we are unable to repro the issues. Any information you can share based off the public beta will lead to this being solved permanently.
- We want to fix the heroes dying when swapping at the Forge, but we have been unable to 100% repro the issue. If you have more information about this based on the public beta test, please let us know.
In order to access this beta build, you must opt-in to the public beta branch on Steam. Here’s how to do that:
- Open your Steam client.
- In your Steam Library, right-click “Dungeon Defenders” and go to the “Properties” menu.
- Go to the “Betas” tab.
- You will now have access to “betapatch_pc.” In the drop-down menu above the text field, select “betabranch_pc.” Close the window.
- The newest update will automatically download.
In the coming weeks, we will be circulating a survey to solicit your feedback on the beta patch. Based on the results of that survey and internal review, we will determine whether or not to move this patch over to the live branch.
More hotness coming in the second planned update. Stay tuned for more information!
The Trendy Team