Problem with installing the game? Maybe this will help!
Hey everyone I got a strange problem after I downloaded DD and wanted to play it (Runtime error (at 6:235): Access denied) and I figured how it is solved.
The problem is most likely your Antivirus/Firewall program (as I use COMODO and there were plenty problems with those two programs) and it just blocks the game as you want to install it...so the thing is you need to allow DD to do the installation. Here is how you do it on COMODO:
1. Open COMODO like you want to change options
2. Go to "Tasks" in the upper right corner
3. Go to Firewall Tasks and open "Allow Application"
4. Open the following path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Dungeon Defenders\Binaries (if you isntalled Steam somewhere else open that path)
5. Allow the "UE3ShaderCompileWorker.exe" and the "DunDefConfig.exe"
6. Start the game via Steam again and it will install without any problems (maybe COMODO will ask you again if you really want to allow this program)
If you have another firewall/antivirus software I can't help you at tme moment...but I will test others as well.
Oh and if you can't start the game as above go into the path stated above and start the DunDefConfig.exe and start the game with it...you will see the error from the beginning for about 1 sec and if you start it via Steam after that COMODO is asking if you really want to install it (though I don't know if it was only for me or if it works for everyone, just test it and let me know what worked for you!).