what everyone else said: linux port is NOT working
and believe me, i wanted to phrase the title several other things, but out of respect (and also keep this from being a rage thread) I will leave my words at that.
a bug ridden port was alright when your asking for pennies in a humble bundle, but this is the big ballpark, it is now unacceptable for most of these bugs to be here, if they can't be fixed, then this game should not be advertized on steam with broken linux support, simple as that.
this is not in any way a full bug report, but heres basically what's making the game unplayable:
1) Crystals do not float towards players.
2) several sound related bugs, most commonly the jumping animation plays over and over.
3) a big one: game crashes often when joining/playing multiplayer
4) multiplayer sync does not match up often, animations are not played, some movements are reverted, etc.
5) in general, there is a slow game performance (20fps when most other games can hit a steady 60fps)
so, they need fixing.
on a final note, there is word that the studio is not actually managing the ubuntu port, and let me make this clear, giving away ownership for a certain distribution of the game is not an excuse for why it is bug ridden.
it is still a sole responsibility for the studio to make sure the game performs the same for every platform, so that means there should be better maintainers, or the platform needs to be officially maintained.
this is likely the fourth time between releases to fix such simple problems, so there needs to be a better effort put in, especially in a move as big as moving the linux port to steam.
Last edited by uh20
Mar 28, 2013 @ 9:59pm