Tydo Jul 22, 2014 @ 12:19pm
Dungeon Defenders Eternity Out Now
http://forums.dungeondefenders2.com/showthread.php?116103-Dungeon-Defenders-Eternity-Out-Now

On steam here: http://store.steampowered.com/app/302270/
45% off for existing DD1 owners.

So they finally burst the bubble. After the last COE hint and the tightlips on the gamespy front, this was of course predicted, but nice to see that they finally came through on it.

I'm personally going to hold off a day or 2 to get some more info, i've already seen some unverified rumours, but might have potential to take DD1's place.
I'll probably see a lot of you there soon.

gz TE.

And once again shame on the CM team for being late with the news here on Steam.

Edit: Yes, i know it was announced on the steamgroup, but not everyone joins those things.
Last edited by Tydo; Jul 22, 2014 @ 12:26pm
Showing 1-15 of 22 comments
< >
「Eriya」 【エリヤ】 Jul 22, 2014 @ 12:34pm 
Buying it right now :) I hope we don't have to deal with hackers, and all those kids who say they got to level 100 legit but have 2 hours on the game ^ o ^ "Our prays have been heard if so!"
Qwerty Jul 22, 2014 @ 12:45pm 
wait, I have to restart the game?
Jorkfriend Jul 22, 2014 @ 12:45pm 
You can't even make private games in this, Minion Units no longer exist, and your saves/progress doesn't transfer.

Like I'm gonna throw all my hours in the first DD for an inferior version where I'm FORCED to play with 3 other strangers. They really screwed this release up.
Last edited by Jorkfriend; Jul 22, 2014 @ 12:47pm
Diox Jul 22, 2014 @ 1:05pm 
This should be a secure patch to dd1 not another game, feels like scamming people selling the same game twice but with antihack things.
Qwerty Jul 22, 2014 @ 1:06pm 
well i bought it to give the team my thanks for time ive spent playing it, it is how ever really ugly, and I have no intention of playing it, give me the bloody content on DD1 already
「Eriya」 【エリヤ】 Jul 22, 2014 @ 1:42pm 
The game overall Isn't suppose to be a better Dungeon Defenders, Its more of a pay2win one an you all complain about being ripped off, But then again DD2 is f2p so please don't complain. The game is not like Dungeon Defenders Online wise, Nor single player but it has its own uniqe features if you don't like it no need to complain about it and make sure others dont buy it cause you never no someone might like it as I do, People complain because you can't hack in it dosent mean its bad, Its like a MMO you can't do single player in WoW, You cant do single player in LoL, just deal with it, and if you don't like it I apologies for you buying it just to complain how bad it is.
Loque Jul 22, 2014 @ 2:11pm 
Originally posted by Eriya Yutazaki:
...
In other words anyone who doesn't like this should shut their mouths and be quiet? I don't think so. And surely Trendy would like to hear the criticism if what the article from the news page says is true: "Darrell Rodriguez, CEO of developer Trendy Entertainment, said in a statement. "Dungeon Defenders Eternity is in many ways a product of our players, built around feedback from fans. Having an open dialog with our fans is core to all our efforts at Trendy"

I'm not buying it. I already bought DD for full price and i'm not paying twice for the same game. Truth is, with the coming of DD2 i didn't expect DD1 to receive any more updates, but this feels like a slap in the face.
They basically developed patch 7.60 for DD1 which fixes serious issues people have been complaining about for years, but instead of applying the patch to the game itself they decided to rename it to Eternity and sell it as a separate game.

Does this mean they're going to leave DD1 to rot as an unbalanced hell filled with hackers and cheaters?
Diox Jul 22, 2014 @ 3:11pm 
Originally posted by Eriya Yutazaki:
The game overall Isn't suppose to be a better Dungeon Defenders, Its more of a pay2win one an you all complain about being ripped off, But then again DD2 is f2p so please don't complain. The game is not like Dungeon Defenders Online wise, Nor single player but it has its own uniqe features if you don't like it no need to complain about it and make sure others dont buy it cause you never no someone might like it as I do, People complain because you can't hack in it dosent mean its bad, Its like a MMO you can't do single player in WoW, You cant do single player in LoL, just deal with it, and if you don't like it I apologies for you buying it just to complain how bad it is.
well, everything new or different from the dd1 is listed on the "Suggestions for DD1 changes" thread, looked like they were making fun of us. http://forums.dungeondefenders2.com/showthread.php?112644-Last-Call-Making-Additional-Changes-to-DD1
POINTxBL8NK Jul 22, 2014 @ 5:24pm 
Pathetic. Not getting my money, I paid enough for the original and the DLC, thanks.
Jorkfriend Jul 22, 2014 @ 5:50pm 
Originally posted by POINTxBL8NK:
Pathetic. Not getting my money, I paid enough for the original and the DLC, thanks.
Agreed, besides we already have the superior version anyway.

What a joke of a "re-release."
Qwerty Jul 22, 2014 @ 6:06pm 
Originally posted by Eriya Yutazaki:
The game overall Isn't suppose to be a better Dungeon Defenders, Its more of a pay2win one an you all complain about being ripped off, But then again DD2 is f2p so please don't complain. The game is not like Dungeon Defenders Online wise, Nor single player but it has its own uniqe features if you don't like it no need to complain about it and make sure others dont buy it cause you never no someone might like it as I do, People complain because you can't hack in it dosent mean its bad, Its like a MMO you can't do single player in WoW, You cant do single player in LoL, just deal with it, and if you don't like it I apologies for you buying it just to complain how bad it is.

Your method of thought is very bad for soicety ;), Martin Niemöller wrote a short poem about it.
nutered nate Jul 22, 2014 @ 8:01pm 
can someone help me i have problems starting dd up i redownloaded it! (help plz)
Griede Starless Jul 22, 2014 @ 8:17pm 
in order to help some of you clarify your confusion, the new DD eternity is a mobile app converted for PC. it isnt an expansion, its not entirely the same game. different developer, same publisher.
Donkeyball Z Jul 23, 2014 @ 1:56am 
Ewww.. looking at the reviews i'll pass on this.
DD is my favourite and most played game on steam, but this just looks like a money-grabbing attempt to me.
I am seriously in doubt now if I should be hyped for DD2 anymore..

Ingame real-money store? Really?
Last edited by Donkeyball Z; Jul 23, 2014 @ 1:57am
Ōkami Jul 23, 2014 @ 6:38am 
Originally posted by Loque:
And surely Trendy would like to hear the criticism if what the article from the news page says is true: "Darrell Rodriguez, CEO of developer Trendy Entertainment, said in a statement. "Dungeon Defenders Eternity is in many ways a product of our players, built around feedback from fans. Having an open dialog with our fans is core to all our efforts at Trendy"

Did anybody actually requested logins, third pary drm and cash shop ingame??
Showing 1-15 of 22 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Jul 22, 2014 @ 12:19pm
Posts: 22