Sociable Soccer

Sociable Soccer

 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
SociableSoccerCM  [developer] Oct 28 @ 8:07am
Boss Mode [The official suggestions thread]
Boss mode is going to improve over time here. Give us your suggestions. The basic idea is to bring those managers to glory by being them and taking on the challenges they face. Be creative.
Last edited by SociableSoccerCM; Oct 28 @ 10:40am
< >
Showing 1-15 of 37 comments
Scaleh Oct 28 @ 10:40am 
I thought historical League and/or Cup runs going against the odds such as Leicester winning the Premiership in 2015/2016, Wimbledon wining the FA Cup in 1988, Wales getting to the Semi Final of the EURO 2016, etc; might make a good Boss Mode scenario.
Although not really creative but as an idea lol haha.

Maybe a online League of players with the biggest wins, most goal in a competition, largest amount of “S” Sociable Soccer credits and so forth.
TeHu81 Oct 28 @ 10:53am 
1. Card collection mode: instead of playing different team in every tournament, have your own team. After every competition, you get to new players to your team from other teams in that tournament. The better you play, the better players you get. With your improved team, you can join tougher tournaments.

2. Rpg mode: Add managing skills to the manager. For example, good manager can make his players run faster, or shoot better. Skills are improved with experience.

3. Challenge mode: Different challenges/scenarios. For example join a struggling team in middle of a season and try to avoid relegation.

(These are 3 separate suggestions, not meant to be implemented simultanously)
AveRapaz92 Oct 28 @ 11:25am 
Rewarding points after winning games or accomplishing certain challenges. Those points could be used to improve players skills or adquiring better ones. Also, those points could be use for improving the manager through the entire Boss Mode.

At the same time, when you use a weaker team and beat a stronger team, you receive more points. Also if you take a team who only want to avoid relegation and make them champions, the points rewarded are even more.
Originally posted by TeHu81:
1. Card collection mode: instead of playing different team in every tournament, have your own team. After every competition, you get to new players to your team from other teams in that tournament. The better you play, the better players you get. With your improved team, you can join tougher tournaments.

2. Rpg mode: Add managing skills to the manager. For example, good manager can make his players run faster, or shoot better. Skills are improved with experience.

3. Challenge mode: Different challenges/scenarios. For example join a struggling team in middle of a season and try to avoid relegation.

(These are 3 separate suggestions, not meant to be implemented simultanously)
These are great ideas, particularly 1 and 3.

I think it needs a way of having your own *constant* custom team that you can enter the Boss Mode leagues and tournaments into. Winning competitions will enable you to upgrade players and sign new players too. That way, there's progression not only as a manager but as a team too.

Not winning leagues & cups should also impact your team negatively or players could leave etc. That way it'll become a proper continuing career that will capture people's imaginations.

To expand Idea 1 a little: winning a tournament gives you the option to take a player from teams you've beaten. So, if you win a tournament, you get a screen of 3 random players from that tournament who now want to play for your team. You can see their stats etc and you can add up to 3 of those players. Obviously the better the competition you win, the greater the chance you have that a really good player will appear in the random 3.
Last edited by steviebwoy; Oct 28 @ 2:08pm
Or how about: you still have one team that you can enter into any unlocked competition but when you win a competition you get tokens which you can then use to buy players and extra tournaments etc. Basically an in-game currency.

I think it would be cool to somehow link the players that are available to buy as being a selection from teams that you have beaten in the Boss Mode. However, as now, I think you should have restricted access to the big tournaments. In doing that, you're preventing somebody forming a Barcelona team after fluking the Spanish Cup etc. I also think it should be a random selection of players which, again, would prevent somebody from upgrading their team too quickly and will increase longevity.

I think it would be cool for everyone to start with the same players in our squad (a bit like Pro Evo's Master League), but we should be given the opportunity to rename the team, choose kits etc. That way the community will be able to relate to stories we're all be sharing as we will all have started from the same place. That's how we can start to build a real community here.

I think it's awesome that you guys have recognised that Boss Mode needs more to really get people hooked, and I think trying to add some elements of transferring players and keeping the same team throughout your journey will really help.
Last edited by steviebwoy; Oct 29 @ 3:08am
max_cedega Oct 29 @ 12:51am 
promotions and relegations...
you get fired if you doesn't reach the targets by far. Then you should get new offers of another teams of a lower level.
after every game you should loose some money because of the fee of the players. if you win a game, you get some money, if the game is tied you get few money, if you loose you get no money...
Talent Oct 29 @ 1:27am 
Thing is, the present boss mode are true managers, switching from teams to teams depending on results. Having your own team means to own a club or be the CEO of it which are two completely different jobs.
So I'd say the question is... who's the boss ? :)
If a coach/manager, then definitely, having transfers during league is a must have. I'm half way of the English E league (which is awfully easy and boring at the moment, I have like 100+ goals and only 1 against after 22 games) and no transfer to improve my team (though in my case making it easier would just be suicidal). Anyway, no need to be creative here, there are thousands of game about being manager. So just copy/paste some of the stuff we need to truly influence the roster.
If a CEO, that would be more dealing with the PR, club development (stadium, youth club, finance/marketing, fans relationship, sponsoring).

We could have both jobs though but for once, it would be nice to have them clearly separated.

One CEO objective could be 'Avoid club's going bankrupt and sell at least 50.000 Club's T-Shirt in a year'.

Of course, we would still get to play the games, just the options between games would be different between Coach and CEO
Last edited by Talent; Oct 29 @ 1:27am
Zidoolan Oct 29 @ 10:11am 
I'm playing through English League E at the moment and it's far too easy and far too long. I'm 7 games from the end, conceded 1 goal (AI mistake) and scored goodness knows how many.

I think at these lower levels there shouldn't be a 46 game tournament to progress. I'd say managing a National League club is more prestigious than an Asian, Oceana and some African and North American club sides, so that campaign doesn't have to be on the first stage.

Also, I know Chelsea FC are far better than AFC Halifax, but going from playing National League teams to a Friendly with European Cup teams (outside Boss mode) is a huge jump in difficulty, mostly because the National League sides are utterly brainless and ignore the football, but playing those bobbins teams for so many games becomes a chore rather than fun. It isn't a good way to learn the game if you dive straight into Boss mode.
Talent Oct 29 @ 10:43am 
I agree with Zidoolan. I posted my League E results on the DC channel. 46W 0L 0D, 286GF, 2GA... It was really a pain
I use google translate:
Right now, it's too easy. The first levels (I'm in the third) are boring and there are too many games to do in order to level up to find a decent level of difficulty. Ok for new players, but for Sensible soccer experts, as long as the AI is not settled, the low levels are boring
SpaceMt Oct 29 @ 4:36pm 
For away matches I flip my controller around and play "Upside down". So everything is backwards and you must put more thought into everthing. Thus scoring a goal is a major acomplishment and getting a 1-1 away result feels great!
Shemmie Oct 29 @ 6:37pm 
Originally posted by Scaleh:
I thought historical League and/or Cup runs going against the odds such as Leicester winning the Premiership in 2015/2016, Wimbledon wining the FA Cup in 1988, Wales getting to the Semi Final of the EURO 2016, etc; might make a good Boss Mode scenario.
Although not really creative but as an idea lol haha.

Maybe a online League of players with the biggest wins, most goal in a competition, largest amount of “S” Sociable Soccer credits and so forth.

Historical does sound like a lot of fun tbf. Can you pull off a Leicester, or Wimbledon, or Denmark Euro 92 / Greece Euro 2004
Shemmie Oct 29 @ 7:15pm 
Okay... idea.

I assume the scores each player has (100, 200, etc) is a representation of how good each player is. Like a value.

Okay - so Boss Mode - where you can win a trophy, by playing the same team, over and over again. Let's make it a World 11 best - yanno, like Peel, Madonna, Bunks, Zeco, Zibane, Van Beston, and the like).

*Edit - peeks at player db - should I say Pate, Deiqo Merabona, Benhs, Zeso, Zinabine Zibana, Melco Vem Basfan ;^)

But... the key bit is, a modifier is applied to the opposition player values (and / or yours), where they gradually improve each game. They get faster, their ball control gets better, etc, etc, etc - after each time you beat them.

You get your "trophy" when you finally lose a game - at which point, the trophy shows what modifier you managed to get to.

So I win the x10 trophy. Or the x20 trophy. Or whatever else.

Should give the hardcore their kicks, and give it some longevity as you try and beat your previous best?
Last edited by Shemmie; Oct 29 @ 10:57pm
Originally posted by Talent:
Thing is, the present boss mode are true managers, switching from teams to teams depending on results. Having your own team means to own a club or be the CEO of it which are two completely different jobs.
So I'd say the question is... who's the boss ? :)
If a coach/manager, then definitely, having transfers during league is a must have. I'm half way of the English E league (which is awfully easy and boring at the moment, I have like 100+ goals and only 1 against after 22 games) and no transfer to improve my team (though in my case making it easier would just be suicidal). Anyway, no need to be creative here, there are thousands of game about being manager. So just copy/paste some of the stuff we need to truly influence the roster.
If a CEO, that would be more dealing with the PR, club development (stadium, youth club, finance/marketing, fans relationship, sponsoring).

We could have both jobs though but for once, it would be nice to have them clearly separated.

One CEO objective could be 'Avoid club's going bankrupt and sell at least 50.000 Club's T-Shirt in a year'.

Of course, we would still get to play the games, just the options between games would be different between Coach and CEO
I think player/manager is the only way to go with this. Being a CEO would be far too far removed from actually affecting the team. "Sell 50,000 t-shirts in a year"? Come on man, this has to be fun!
...


I think we need to keep the current Boss Mode in mind with this. The topic is "Boss Mode Suggestions". They want our ideas to make this mode better. It's currently not much fun, as several people have already pointed out, so I think we need to focus on ideas to make it better.

Personally, I think we should have a custom team that we can enter into all unlocked competitions, and by winning matches and competitions we can enhance our team through new signings and player upgrades, and unlock new competitions. That's the only way I can think Boss Mode will become more addictive.

Nobody wants to have to play 46 games just to advance to the next level. The leagues need to be much smaller I think. It needs a hook, it needs to have progression, it needs to be addictive. Starting from scratch every time with a brand new team that you cannot improve or affect is very dull. Especially without injuries or suspensions. It just totally lacks imagination, and that's a real problem.
Last edited by steviebwoy; Oct 30 @ 3:07am
I think, the most important thing is: It must be hard from the first level on. Then 46 games aren't severe, if only every game is a challenge.
But I hope for the next AI-update. This is also the reason why I am not playing Boss mode at the moment...
< >
Showing 1-15 of 37 comments
Per page: 15 30 50