To improve how we provide support to you, we have added a support section
to the community hub. This will only be visible
to those who own the game.
Remember we do try our best to investigate each issue, and is some cases this may take a bit of time. We will need as much
detail of your issue as possible in order to help you.
Developer Support: Common Issues
This section will be kept up to date with the most common issues. Please check everything
here before contacting support or posting in the support forum.
If you haven't done so already, please could you check the following to see if they resolve your problem?
- Check that your PC meets the minimum system requirements (Most importantly: Vista or Windows 7 only, plus a Direct X 10 capable graphics card. Specs below!).
- Ensure that the Steam Client is running prior to running the game.
- Check that you are running the latest Graphics and Sound drivers for your system plus the latest Direct X drivers for your system.
- Verify the local game cache to ensure you have all the correct files: https://support.steampow....php?ref=2037-QEUH-3335
Minimum System RequirementsOperating System:
Microsoft Windows Vista (Service Pack 2), Windows 7 or Windows 8 (Windows XP is NOT Supported)Processor:
Dual-core CPU with SSE3 (Intel Pentium D 3GHz / AMD Athlon 64 x2 4200) or betterMemory:
2GBHard Disk Space:
5GB of Free drive spaceVideo Card:
Microsoft DirectX 10.0 compatible graphics card with 256MB of memory (NVIDIA GeForce 8800 series / ATI Radeon HD 3870) or betterSound:
Microsoft DirectX 10 compatible sound card or betterDirectX:
Microsoft DirectX 11.0
A new command line option was added allowing users to specify a refresh rate they’d like to use instead of the default setting. The engine will still use the closest matching reported frequency to this suggestion, so you don’t need an exact number. The command line option takes the form:
Where number is the suggested refresh rate in hz. So for example, “-hz=60” is the default 60hz setting, and “-hz=120” will tell the game to use the nearest setting to 120hz.
Connection Timed Out
A simple reset of your Router and PC may resolve this issue so please try this before configuring any ports.
This may be a problem with certain Steam ports being restricted on your router/firewall. Please read this
steam FAQ with information about specific ports that may need configured.
Failed to initialize d3d11 error #
Please contact our internal support directly with a DxDiag attached to your support request. There may be a number of reasons why you are experiencing this issue. A DxDiag will provide us with the information we need in order to work out the problem.
If you are experiencing large frame rate drops, please make sure you have set your advanced graphical options to the following:
Texture Detail: LOW
Shadow Detail: LOW
Draw Distance: LOW
Anisotropic Filtering: OFF
Advanced Shadows: OFF
Motion Blur: UNTICKED
Ambient Occlusion: UNTICKED
Use Compute Shaders: UNTICKED
Reduce Mouse Lag: UNTICKED
These settings will make sure that the game will run at the lowest possible settings available. If you are still having issues after setting your display options to the lowest, please check your all of your drivers are fully updated (Graphics, Sounds and Direct X).
We've had a few people report problems which have turned out to be because a laptop has more than one graphics chipset (usually a low-end one built in to the motherboard, and a fast one in an expansion slot), and the game attempts to use the wrong graphics chipset and crashes.
The solutions to this problem vary depending on your system and graphics card, but here are the common ways to set your system to force it to use the best graphics chip for the game.Method one:
1) Open the control panel for your graphics card (most have an icon in your system tray, or right-click on your desktop and look for a graphics control panel option there).
2) Check under 3D settings, and make sure your best graphics chipset is set as the preferred chipset if there is an option available.Method two:
1) Exit Steam entirely using the 'Exit' link on the 'Steam' menu (not just the close button in the top-right corner of the Steam window).
2) Right-click on the 'Steam' shortcut you use to launch Steam (on your desktop, taskbar, or start menu, depending on where you have it), and look for an option that says something like 'Run with graphics processor...' and allows you to choose which graphics chipset to use.
3) Choose your best graphics chipset.
4) Launch Steam then launch the game as normal.Method three (Nvidia):
1) Click on the Windows icon on the bottom left hand corner.
2) Click on Control Panel on the right-hand side of the menu.
3) Click on Nvidia Control Panel.
4) Expand the 3D Settings tab by clicking on the "+" sign on the left-hand side of 3D Settings.
5) Click on Manage 3D Settings.
6) Choose High-performance Nvidia processor under the Preferred graphics processor option.
7) Save the new settings.
If none of these methods work or you don't have these options please contact us, include as many details as you can about the make and model of your laptop and graphics hardware, and we'll investigate further and try to help.
Laptops with Intel graphics
You should be able to find downloads and instructions for installing updated the driver on your system at http://downloadcenter.intel.com/
If it tells you that you cannot use these drivers because your system manufacturer has updated ones, you can try to find updated ones on your manufacturer website, however if the latest ones there are still over a year old, the game may not play.
The last thing you can try is following the instructions on the Intel website here to install the latest generic drivers: http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-022355.htm
Follow the instructions at the bottom of the page for the Work-around, the exact instructions depends on your operating system but typically involves:
1. Finding the driver .zip file.
2. Extracting the drivers manually using a .zip program.
3. Using the 'Install with a disk' method of driver installation.
Need further support?
If you wish to make a request for a change/refund of your purchase for any reason, please contact the merchant that sold you your copy of the game.
If none of the fixes above have worked for you, or you are seeing something else entirely, please email us at:
firstname.lastname@example.orgPlease provide the following information in your email!:
1. Attach your Direct X Diagnostics File in a response to this email (Instructions below) .
2. Your Name.
3. Details of where you bought the game.
2. When the issue occurred.
3. Any error messages you saw or heard when the game crashed.
4. Your Steam ID. This allows us to grab any crash dump files associated with your problems from Steam directly.
Or submit a support request in the support section
of the Forum.