Portal 2 > General Discussions > Topic Details
Dirgrey Apr 30 @ 12:33am
Have some nice theory (Spoilers)
After beating portal 2 and connected portal 1 and portal 2 i have a nice idea. Chell was send to the surface and she now free. We hope but i think if Valve realese portal 3 game main Character will be Doug Rattmann. If you have readed ratman comic book In the end he save Chell and make her to sleep until someone open the "box" and later he put himself into long sleep too. So i think the next glados test subject will be Ratman. Or chell will comeback to save Ratman, because are theory that Ratman is connected to chell Maybe Father? Or Brother? But its only my opinion. About Portal is many mystery
Showing 1-15 of 63 comments
< >
ThePlagued Apr 30 @ 3:27am 
Rattman is dead, and is not related to Chell at all. also "readed" lol.
A-06 Apr 30 @ 6:53am 
Originally posted by Zero ︻芫══----:
So i think the next glados test subject will be Ratman.
Why not one of the hundreds of test subjects discovered by the Bots?
ThePlagued Apr 30 @ 6:55am 
Originally posted by A-06:
Originally posted by Zero ︻芫══----:
So i think the next glados test subject will be Ratman.
Why not one of the hundreds of test subjects discovered by the Bots?

Because they're dead. L2ArtApreciation
Last edited by ThePlagued; Apr 30 @ 6:55am
Isosceles Sqaure Apr 30 @ 7:14am 
Caroline the person who's personality was put in GLADOS So that she could live longer is in fact Chell's mother and also that Cave Johnson is Chell's Birth Father. However due to their commitment to Science that couldn't raise her so they gave it to one of the employees as a foster parent. The Foster parent was Doug Rattmann. The Evidence to support this is the song made by GLADOS personality (Caroline) Before she was deleted. And also the foster parent was proven due to the evidence in the LAB Rat Comic that Rattmann knew Chell was the one to defeat GLADOS. The father evidence is more of a hunch although Caroline and Cave Johnson were very close.
Last edited by Isosceles Sqaure; Apr 30 @ 7:15am
Isosceles Sqaure Apr 30 @ 7:16am 
This is really interesting to watch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFXDFfxgKy8
A-06 Apr 30 @ 7:29am 
Originally posted by ThePlagued:
Originally posted by A-06:
Why not one of the hundreds of test subjects discovered by the Bots?

Because they're dead. L2ArtApreciation
Source?
Keaton the Spy(ro) Apr 30 @ 8:28am 
Well, there was a human vault that Atlas and P-body opened and GLaDOS(who LOVES testing)
Probably started testing them, however i'm not surprised if she killed them all.....

Chell was originally test subject #1498, but Rattman made her test subject number #1...
Dirgrey Apr 30 @ 10:53am 
Originally posted by Turret #16859:
Well, there was a human vault that Atlas and P-body opened and GLaDOS(who LOVES testing)
Probably started testing them, however i'm not surprised if she killed them all.....

Chell was originally test subject #1498, but Rattman made her test subject number #1...
but some interesting part that in portal chell was last human in aperture because glados kill many of them, but maybe it was only scientist
ThePlagued Apr 30 @ 11:44am 
Originally posted by A-06:
Originally posted by ThePlagued:

Because they're dead. L2ArtApreciation
Source?

The DLC map in the Portal 2 Multiplayer.
BabyCharmander Apr 30 @ 5:21pm 
Originally posted by Nossy01:
Caroline the person who's personality was put in GLADOS So that she could live longer is in fact Chell's mother and also that Cave Johnson is Chell's Birth Father. However due to their commitment to Science that couldn't raise her so they gave it to one of the employees as a foster parent. The Foster parent was Doug Rattmann. The Evidence to support this is the song made by GLADOS personality (Caroline) Before she was deleted. And also the foster parent was proven due to the evidence in the LAB Rat Comic that Rattmann knew Chell was the one to defeat GLADOS. The father evidence is more of a hunch although Caroline and Cave Johnson were very close.

Cave and Caroline cannot be Chell's parents. Cave and Caroline are both white, and Chell is not. Nothing about Want You Gone suggests Caroline is Chell's mother, and Rattmann's hunch that Chell would defeat GLaDOS is because of her file, which says she never gives up, ever.

In any case, some friends of mine have tossed around the idea that there could be a Portal 3 with Rattmann as the playable character. I wound up writing a fic on the idea--it was fun to play around with.

I don't know if there will ever be a Portal 3, but if there is, I don't think Chell would be the main character, since she escaped, and I really hope she STAYS out of Aperture. She earned her freedom, darn it. Rattmann could work as a potential playable character, though the main problem with that would be that he would talk, as would his Companion Cube. Chell refused to talk, and while Blue and Orange "talk," it's in some sort of robot-talk that we can't understand. Having the main character talk in a Portal game would be... odd.
Last edited by BabyCharmander; Apr 30 @ 5:22pm
Isosceles Sqaure Apr 30 @ 5:29pm 
If theres a 3 Chell could be going back to find rattman?
ThePlagued Apr 30 @ 5:31pm 
Originally posted by Nossy01:
If theres a 3 Chell could be going back to find rattman?

Chell doesn't know who he is.
Isosceles Sqaure Apr 30 @ 5:31pm 
Oh okay, Thought she did
GLaDOS Apr 30 @ 8:56pm 
Here is a short version of my Theory. Portal and Half-Life will combine to make a weird crossover. Maybe become a co-op game. Here is a situation that might occur. Chell after wandering with the burned companion she sees the rocket that was launcher in hl2 ep2. she then follows trail where the rocket was launcher and finds Gordan. Would make weird yet satisfying game.
Last edited by GLaDOS; Apr 30 @ 8:58pm
Isosceles Sqaure Apr 30 @ 10:36pm 
that sounds good, If that happends id need to play HF, cause I havnt yet :/
Showing 1-15 of 63 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Apr 30 @ 12:33am
Posts: 63