Portal 2 > General Discussions > Topic Details
lucasflu Apr 18 @ 9:21am
My Portal 2 keeps crashing to desktop
Has anyone had this problem before? My portal 2 won't stop crashing after I start a save or a new game.
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
< >
Monster Apr 18 @ 12:12pm 
I have the same problem. :( HELP!
AMDMgames Apr 18 @ 12:16pm 
I also have the same problem but i cant even load up the main menu without it crashing :/
Rorro Apr 18 @ 12:51pm 
Originally posted by lucasflu:
Has anyone had this problem before? My portal 2 won't stop crashing after I start a save or a new game.

Originally posted by Monster:
I have the same problem. :( HELP!

Originally posted by AMDMgames:
I also have the same problem but i cant even load up the main menu without it crashing :/

Right click on Portal 2 in Library List, click Properties, and go to Local Files tab, after that, click Verify Integrity of Game Cache[i.imgur.com], and wait until it finishes. Steam will download any missing/broken game files.
Last edited by Rorro; Apr 18 @ 12:52pm
fooschk11y4 Apr 18 @ 7:28pm 
i had that problem unistall then install again
Maximus Apr 18 @ 7:50pm 
Every time I press "Verify Entegrity of Game Cache," It doesn't do anything.
Monster Apr 19 @ 12:16pm 
Thank you, but after that Steam loads down something (without error notification), but it still doesn't work. I tried several times. I also typed "+clenablespectatoreffects 0 +clenabledeatheffects 0 +clenabledeathfilmgrain 0 +matfilmgrain 0" in the field "start options".

Why does Steam not care about this problem? I want to play my game!!
lucasflu Apr 19 @ 12:55pm 
Originally posted by El Rorro:
Originally posted by lucasflu:
Has anyone had this problem before? My portal 2 won't stop crashing after I start a save or a new game.

Originally posted by Monster:
I have the same problem. :( HELP!

Originally posted by AMDMgames:
I also have the same problem but i cant even load up the main menu without it crashing :/

Right click on Portal 2 in Library List, click Properties, and go to Local Files tab, after that, click Verify Integrity of Game Cache[i.imgur.com], and wait until it finishes. Steam will download any missing/broken game files.


THANK YOU SO MUCH. Now it works like a charm!
Monster Apr 19 @ 1:40pm 
Hm, now it has actually worked. Maybe it needs only a reboot.
:) Thanks!
Maximus Apr 19 @ 3:33pm 

Originally posted by El Rorro:
Originally posted by lucasflu:
Has anyone had this problem before? My portal 2 won't stop crashing after I start a save or a new game.

Originally posted by Monster:
I have the same problem. :( HELP!

Originally posted by AMDMgames:
I also have the same problem but i cant even load up the main menu without it crashing :/

Right click on Portal 2 in Library List, click Properties, and go to Local Files tab, after that, click Verify Integrity of Game Cache[i.imgur.com], and wait until it finishes. Steam will download any missing/broken game files.

THANK YOU SO MUCH :D! THAT FIXED EVERYTHING! :D
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Apr 18 @ 9:21am
Posts: 9