Portal 2
Portal 2 > General Discussions > Topic Details
Portal 2 keeps crashing!!!!
Hi,
i just started playing portal 2 at my new house, with different wifi. at my old house, I was able to run it fine. now when my new and less strong internet, it will keep crashing in the loading screen of every level, the screen just goes to my desktop, with no error message. i have restarted my computer, and it is not helping. Can anyone help???
< >
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
Oni Mar 14, 2014 @ 7:35pm 
Is there a firewall issue with your new wifi source?
CRiZO Mar 14, 2014 @ 8:39pm 
Same here, any chance you recently updated NVidea drivers? That's the only thing I can think of that's changed for me.
Originally posted by Oni:
Is there a firewall issue with your new wifi source?
I dont think so, i have tried running portal 2 with/without firewall to no avail

Originally posted by CRiZO:
Same here, any chance you recently updated NVidea drivers? That's the only thing I can think of that's changed for me. [/quotethis computer i got is only about 2 weeks old, should i update?
Robotman Mar 15, 2014 @ 9:10am 
It was randomly crashing when I was playing.
This fixed it:
1. Go on your list of games.
2. Right click this game; 'Portal 2'.
3. Click Properties.
4. Click the 'Local Files' tab on the window that pops up.
5. Click the fourth button, reading 'VERIFY INTEGRITY OF GAME CACHE'.
6. Let it do what's needed.
7. Done!
NOCTURNE Mar 15, 2014 @ 2:02pm 
Originally posted by TheInferniator:
It was randomly crashing when I was playing.
This fixed it:
1. Go on your list of games.
2. Right click this game; 'Portal 2'.
3. Click Properties.
4. Click the 'Local Files' tab on the window that pops up.
5. Click the fourth button, reading 'VERIFY INTEGRITY OF GAME CACHE'.
6. Let it do what's needed.
7. Done!

Yep, thats right. Just verify game cache and it will fix the problem.
Originally posted by TheInferniator:
It was randomly crashing when I was playing.
This fixed it:
1. Go on your list of games.
2. Right click this game; 'Portal 2'.
3. Click Properties.
4. Click the 'Local Files' tab on the window that pops up.
5. Click the fourth button, reading 'VERIFY INTEGRITY OF GAME CACHE'.
6. Let it do what's needed.
7. Done!
just tried this, worked great, thanks for the help! :D
< >
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
Per page: 15 30 50

Portal 2 > General Discussions > Topic Details
Date Posted: Mar 14, 2014 @ 6:17pm
Posts: 7