Hey guys. We are currently entered into an independent games contest over at . While the judges take time to figure out the grand prize winner, voting for the community favorite is underway now until the end of August.
The game with the most votes at the end of August will win $5,000! If you would like to help us out, all you have to do is register on the site and then go here: and pick Turba!
Everyone who registers is allowed one vote for the whole period, so if you can spare a few seconds sometime in the next month, please vote for us! And while you're logged in and voting, if you want to help boost our game rating feel free to rate it here:
Thanks to anyone out there who actually votes for us :)
Version 1.6 out
Jul 23, 2010
Version 1.6 of the game is out today, July 23rd. :)
Here is a list of changes in the new update:
- Reworked the beat detection system.
- Added top 10 most played artists and songs to the Scores menu.
- Roulette, Auto Combo, and Zapper powers are unlocked faster. (25, 50, 75 activations down to 20, 40, 60 activations to unlock)
- Fixed leader board scores not updating correctly sometimes when you got a higher score.
- Fixed bug in file browser that didn't allow CDs to be played.
- Fixed bug in file browser that made folders not show up under certain drive letters.
- Fixed Last.fm account name input to accept underscores.
The biggest change in this version is obviously the reworking of the beat detection system. Please feel free to give us feedback on the new system, and let us know how you feel it compares overall to the previous implementation!
New Version out
Jul 14, 2010
A new version of the game was put up earlier today.
Here is a list of the changes:
* Folders can now be pinned to the root of the Computer section of the browser.
* Added option to preview songs in the file browser
* Added options for menu music and sound volumes
* Added option for a left-handed mouse
* Game remembers what mode/power you last played with when going back to menu
* Old Colorblind blocks are now the default. Colorblind mode now has higher contrast colors.
New version this week
Jul 11, 2010
We're currently working on adding a bunch of stuff suggested to us. There should be a new version of the game out this week. Keep the suggestions coming!
Jul 7, 2010
Hey guys! If you get an update for the game don't worry, it's nothing too major. We just wanted to get a bug fixed that was pointed out to us (one where you could use a bomb to grow your beat streak). We like to have a few new features in an update before it's an official "next version", but killing bugs as fast as possible is a big priority.
We did add support for Wavpack files though as well, since it was requested and took a couple minutes to do.
We've gotten some emails with suggestions that we are working on and hopefully we'll have a new version out sometime soon with some new stuff.
Turba officially coming to Steam Tuesday, July 6th!
Jun 23, 2010
You can try out the demo while you wait for the Steam release by going to our site,