Batman: Arkham City™

Batman: Arkham City™

View Stats:
Ninjars Aug 21, 2013 @ 4:20pm
Can't play because of GfWL - can I get a refund?
Title says it all - this game refuses to progress beyond GfWL activation, downloading a 'profile' from my hotmail account, asking for serial keys and then complaining that my profile doesn't match my LiveID - it's all a load of twaddle, makes no sense, and is not worth my time trying to resolve when there are games out there that would actually like me to play them.

Please can I have my money back and the game removed from my account?
< >
Showing 1-15 of 16 comments
wt7 Aug 21, 2013 @ 6:13pm 
Tried the same thing with FC3-Blood Dragon when I had to deal with Uplay.
Not resolved.
GL
Ninjars Aug 22, 2013 @ 11:04am 
sad face :/ oh well. Maybe in a year I'll be able to actually play it
billy Aug 23, 2013 @ 5:28pm 
Ask steam support , they the only ones who can help you . They will probably give you one if you ask nicely and havent had refunds in the past , not sure how much you paid for it , if it was dirt cheap it might be worth waiting till you need a £30 refund.

no idea what country you from . Some countries have far better rules for getting refunds.
Last edited by billy; Aug 23, 2013 @ 5:30pm
Ninjars Aug 24, 2013 @ 7:19am 
Ok, cheers :) I was just kinda ♥♥♥♥♥♥ off when I posted, not in the mood for poking around for support channels that redirect you to microsoft Xbox support *shudder*. Will have to go out of my way to avoid anything GfWL branded in the future.
MonkeySeeker Aug 24, 2013 @ 8:07am 
Don't worry it's getting patched out. Since GFWL is coming to an end next July both the Batman games are having GFWL completely removed (along with SecuROM apparently) and are switching to Steamworks.
Last edited by MonkeySeeker; Aug 24, 2013 @ 8:10am
Ninjars Aug 24, 2013 @ 8:26am 
so... just need to wait a full year to be able to play a game that'll be two years old by then? Oh, well that's a relief then. I guess at least at that point I can stop worrying if my game purchases are going to be crippled by at least that particular DRM system...

I didn't get Arkham Asylum as a future investment or something, it's a game. To be played. I can't, it's a waste of money, and it doesn't work like I was told it would. I just want a refund for this defective product, not platitudes that in almost a year it might work again!
MonkeySeeker Aug 24, 2013 @ 8:30am 
Originally posted by Ninjars:
so... just need to wait a full year to be able to play a game that'll be two years old by then? Oh, well that's a relief then. I guess at least at that point I can stop worrying if my game purchases are going to be crippled by at least that particular DRM system...

I didn't get Arkham Asylum as a future investment or something, it's a game. To be played. I can't, it's a waste of money, and it doesn't work like I was told it would. I just want a refund for this defective product, not platitudes that in almost a year it might work again!

No will be done before then. According to the "Big List of 3rd Party DRM on Steam" wiki both Batman Arkham games (and BioShock 2) already have a closed beta of the Steamworks version (also with SecuROM removed).
Denko J. Trump Aug 24, 2013 @ 8:31am 
If you want a refund, they will grant it.

They do it more than once, trust me.
Ninjars Aug 24, 2013 @ 10:42am 
Interesting, MonkeySeeker. Well, by all accounts it's a good game. Maybe I'll just wait on for a while and see if the overlords at Microsoft take the leash off before I completely lose all interest...
Der goldene Alb Aug 26, 2013 @ 8:34pm 
So if you able to read and search the forum you have quite an advantage.
At least you will be able to play the game.
Local gfwl account and you will be able to play and create a savegame.
GFWL sacks
Mykl Gawlron Aug 31, 2013 @ 3:46pm 
Originally posted by Ninjars:
Title says it all - this game refuses to progress beyond GfWL activation, downloading a 'profile' from my hotmail account, asking for serial keys and then complaining that my profile doesn't match my LiveID - it's all a load of twaddle, makes no sense, and is not worth my time trying to resolve when there are games out there that would actually like me to play them.

Please can I have my money back and the game removed from my account?
I recently reinstalled it and it took a few times to get it to activate - I think its because they may have cut back on the GFWL servers handling activations? That's only my *guess*. But I've contacted Origins (I bought this game from them) and they replied with "don't worry" like most of the other e-tail sites. Here's hoping I'm worrying for nothing because this is one of my favorite games to play.
Mikeronomicon Sep 2, 2013 @ 4:37pm 
I've been having the same issue, plus I haven't used my hotmail account in years, so I can't remember the password. I tried to recover it and just got some ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥t message about not giving them enough information. I tried to contact support, but they wouldn't handle it due to the fact that it isn't a specific to GFWL issue. So basically, I can't play at all. I thought about making a new account, but then I realized if I did I was going to lose access to my game saves for the Warhammer 40k dawn of war games since they use the same crappy system. Sorry dude, but at least we aren't alone.
Ninjars Sep 3, 2013 @ 11:59am 
Originally posted by Mikeronomicon:
Sorry dude, but at least we aren't alone.
Commiseration-five!
Blix Sep 3, 2013 @ 2:06pm 
This is ridiculous. The GFWL closure was a known issue, Steam should have been more on the ball with a patch. My install isn't saving and I'd rather have a a patch than a refund.
MonkeySeeker Sep 3, 2013 @ 2:17pm 
Originally posted by Blix:
This is ridiculous. The GFWL closure was a known issue, Steam should have been more on the ball with a patch. My install isn't saving and I'd rather have a a patch than a refund.

It's not up to Valve to patch anything. It's up to the game developers to patch - which they are doing for both games in due course.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 16 comments
Per page: 15 30 50