The RAMPAGE Sep 22, 2013 @ 1:19am
When recording the fps locks to 30 O.o
Why on earth does this happen
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
< >
GLaDOS Sep 22, 2013 @ 5:08am 
What do you use for recording?
The RAMPAGE Sep 22, 2013 @ 6:36am 
Originally posted by GLaDOS:
What do you use for recording?
Either dxtory or fraps both set fps to 60... still doesnt wanna stay at 60
GLaDOS Sep 22, 2013 @ 11:10am 
uuhhh.... never record 60 fps. I only know technical stuff about Fraps, because I use it, too. I will buy DxTory sometime in the future, but currently, I am fine with Fraps.
You have to put Fraps' Video Capture Settings to 30 fps and Full-size. Your Loop buffer lengh should be whatever you want (something between 10-30 is good) and don't mark "Split movie every 4 Gigabytes", because it sucks.
You will record 30 fps which is probably the best for YouTube/Video-Encoding. Make sure that Lock framerate while recording and force lossless RGB capture is not marked, because it is ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥. If you only have 30 fps: Your PC might not be able to calculate more while recording. It could also be that it shows "30" but you have more than 30. Who knows?
You could also try MSI Afterburner. It's recording is better than Fraps and nearly as good as DxTory.
The RAMPAGE Sep 22, 2013 @ 12:04pm 
Originally posted by GLaDOS:
uuhhh.... never record 60 fps. I only know technical stuff about Fraps, because I use it, too. I will buy DxTory sometime in the future, but currently, I am fine with Fraps.
You have to put Fraps' Video Capture Settings to 30 fps and Full-size. Your Loop buffer lengh should be whatever you want (something between 10-30 is good) and don't mark "Split movie every 4 Gigabytes", because it sucks.
You will record 30 fps which is probably the best for YouTube/Video-Encoding. Make sure that Lock framerate while recording and force lossless RGB capture is not marked, because it is ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥. If you only have 30 fps: Your PC might not be able to calculate more while recording. It could also be that it shows "30" but you have more than 30. Who knows?
You could also try MSI Afterburner. It's recording is better than Fraps and nearly as good as DxTory.
Bahahaha mate no my pc destorys this game but as i said for some reason this happens, and no i dont want to record in 30 or play at 30 i said that before.

specs

i5 2500K @ 4.5Ghz
8GB ram
Asus GTX 770 OC Ed

haha if you think i cant get more than 30 i laugh at you.

Without recording its solid 60 on Amnesia The Dark Descent, a machine for pigs caps to 30 also when i record so hmmm idk.

Ive tried all. Fraps, dxtory and msi after burner im still not sure what the balls is going on
Last edited by The RAMPAGE; Sep 22, 2013 @ 12:05pm
zel Sep 22, 2013 @ 9:21pm 
I fired up FRAPS and set it to 60 FPS record rate and the resulting file was in fact 60fps. I recorded at 30 fps to verify as well and the file indeed showed up as 30. Another thing I noticed is while recording at 30fps is that FRAPS was reporting the game's framerate as 60. So I was playing at 60 but recording at 30. Whatever is going on, it's not the game.

For reference I had the game's graphics settings to max, full-screen, and v-sync on.
I had FRAPS set to record at 60fps at full size and "lock framerate while recording" unchecked.

Maybe something wierd with the nvidia drivers doing it?

You can try to use OBS (Open Broadcaster Software). It's made for streaming to twitch and other services but it does have a "file output only" mode and it goes up to 60fps. It does encode the video though, so you'll have to play with the encoding settings so you don't end up with artifacts in the recorded video, 4000kbps should be enough. It also has multiple inputs, so if you have a webcam and you want to record yourself freaking out while playing and overlay it in a corner of the video, you can do that. It is also completely free, so you have nothing to lose by trying it.

good luck

System specs:
AMD Phenom II 970 (x4 @ 3.5G)
8G RAM
AMD HD7870LE (the Tahiti based vesion)
GLaDOS Sep 23, 2013 @ 6:23am 
Whoever uses "record 60fps" doesn't know anything about proper recording... just saying.

Originally posted by TheRAMPAGE572HD:
haha if you think i cant get more than 30 i laugh at you.

Without recording its solid 60 on Amnesia The Dark Descent, a machine for pigs caps to 30 also when i record so hmmm idk.

Do so. Laugh. You have no idea what you are doing.
Without recording I have both games over 100 fps without any problems on the highest possible setting for anything. With recording... I should still have solid 50 fps or more.
You did not say anything about your computer specs and say something like that? Man you are so childish... I told you anything necessary for recording. But I don't want to keep you from recording the way you think is best.

Have fun recording in the future.

PS: OBS is ♥♥♥♥ just saying...
The RAMPAGE Sep 23, 2013 @ 8:00am 
Originally posted by GLaDOS:
Whoever uses "record 60fps" doesn't know anything about proper recording... just saying.

Originally posted by TheRAMPAGE572HD:
haha if you think i cant get more than 30 i laugh at you.

Without recording its solid 60 on Amnesia The Dark Descent, a machine for pigs caps to 30 also when i record so hmmm idk.

Do so. Laugh. You have no idea what you are doing.
Without recording I have both games over 100 fps without any problems on the highest possible setting for anything. With recording... I should still have solid 50 fps or more.
You did not say anything about your computer specs and say something like that? Man you are so childish... I told you anything necessary for recording. But I don't want to keep you from recording the way you think is best.

Have fun recording in the future.

PS: OBS is ♥♥♥♥ just saying...
I did actually learn to read
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Sep 22, 2013 @ 1:19am
Posts: 7