SuperNova Jun 22 @ 7:19pm
What scares you the most?
What scares you the most in Amnesia? I actually laugh when a grunt is chasing me but the water monster gives me the creeps. just the sound it makes when i is gnawing on flesh...
Showing 1-15 of 44 comments
< >
Fwip Jun 22 @ 8:29pm 
Random game crashes and game-breaking bugs.
mookieananas Jun 23 @ 7:21am 
Of course I get scared by those hideous monsters and I'm always afraid when the next encounter will happen, but it's not them that scare me the most. For me the most horrifiying aspect of the game is the story, and how you slowly unveil all the terrible things that happened and come across certain rooms with certain history... It gives me the creeps to this day. A monster pops out, scares you, chases you and kills you and that's it. But the story and atmosphere creeps into your brain and makes you feel awful, and that's what's truly scary to me.
[PES]Thunderbolt235 Jun 23 @ 10:22am 
I hate it when nothing happens and you keep waiting for something to happen. The silence is more stressing than anything else in the game
SuperNova Jun 23 @ 11:30am 
Originally posted by mookieananas:
Of course I get scared by those hideous monsters and I'm always afraid when the next encounter will happen, but it's not them that scare me the most. For me the most horrifiying aspect of the game is the story, and how you slowly unveil all the terrible things that happened and come across certain rooms with certain history... It gives me the creeps to this day. A monster pops out, scares you, chases you and kills you and that's it. But the story and atmosphere creeps into your brain and makes you feel awful, and that's what's truly scary to me.

Just by reading this I have the creeps. thanks now every minute or so i have to look behind me lol.
Boreas Jun 23 @ 8:59pm 
Originally posted by mookieananas:
Of course I get scared by those hideous monsters and I'm always afraid when the next encounter will happen, but it's not them that scare me the most. For me the most horrifiying aspect of the game is the story, and how you slowly unveil all the terrible things that happened and come across certain rooms with certain history... It gives me the creeps to this day. A monster pops out, scares you, chases you and kills you and that's it. But the story and atmosphere creeps into your brain and makes you feel awful, and that's what's truly scary to me.

I definitely agree with this. There is a sense of creeping darkness that becomes gradually closer the longer I remained in the castle, something that was very powerful, intangible, and also mysterious. It had a distinct feeling of powerlessness, despite how clever one may be, there is nothing to stop that evil by fighting it under conventional means. The darkness of the past events revolving around the castle being steadily revealed add to the tension and grim nature of the whole experience. The atmospheric sounds can be misleading and cause one to second-guess about the safety of the next room... Sometimes that second-guess is wrong, and that can be bad.
mookieananas Jun 24 @ 12:48am 
Originally posted by Boreas:

I definitely agree with this. There is a sense of creeping darkness that becomes gradually closer the longer I remained in the castle, something that was very powerful, intangible, and also mysterious. It had a distinct feeling of powerlessness, despite how clever one may be, there is nothing to stop that evil by fighting it under conventional means. The darkness of the past events revolving around the castle being steadily revealed add to the tension and grim nature of the whole experience. The atmospheric sounds can be misleading and cause one to second-guess about the safety of the next room... Sometimes that second-guess is wrong, and that can be bad.

Exactly! And it doesn't help at all that to advance further in the game you have to go deeper and deeper into the castle, leaving all means of escape further behind with every step. I got to a point where I was so disgusted with how the game made me feel (as the main character of the story) that I just wanted it all to stop, but curiosity kept me going deeper and deeper.

I have never experienced something like this in any game, book or movie. It's just so incredibly well done that it's too fascinating to quit.
Red Barchetta Jun 24 @ 1:13am 
I haven't made it too far into the game; only a couple of hours. The posters before me have obviously progressed way further than me, and the story hasn't gotten freaky yet, so what's scared me the most so far has been opening a door to find a monster RIGHT behind it. Like there's no indication that he's there: no growls, no footsteps, no moans. Then you open the door and he's just standing there and he starts chasing ya.
HEAVY METAL ZOMBIE Jun 24 @ 1:14am 
Originally posted by Fwip:
Random game crashes and game-breaking bugs.

Buy a better pc
Nightless Jun 24 @ 8:05am 
The sound! Everything makes a sound and all the sounds of insanity and torture are frightning. It actually won a few awards for just how amazing the sound is, but the sound is what sends chills up my spine the most. (I play with headphones to get the most excitment.)

The sound is what really makes up most of the terror in the game, though it still is evened out with the other things like the monsters and atmosphere. In my opinon, what is making you so scared is the sound.
mookieananas Jun 24 @ 8:26am 
Originally posted by Nightless:
The sound!

I agree. The sounds of torture are just.. ugh. It sends chills down my spine to no end. I even liked the sound so much I listened to the soundtrack now and then just to feel the creepiness again
Greed Jun 24 @ 5:43pm 
The dread that builds up from the atmostphere.Sure the monsters are scary and all but get annoying some times.Sometimes the monsters only make the game harder,not scarier.The dread is pretty sickening.I get this terrible feeling.The sound as someone mentioned before is pretty much what causes this.The only monster really scary is the Brute.He's basically the same as the grunt.It's not the moose noises or chains,it's the speed he has.You can much as you can but he's faster than Usian Bolt.Might aswell make a custom story where you are racing him.
doooooooom Jun 24 @ 8:44pm 
my dog scares me
Morpho Jun 25 @ 4:51am 
The suddenness of monsters and the atmosphere of course
Nightless Jun 25 @ 9:15am 
Originally posted by mookieananas:
I listened to the soundtrack now and then just to feel the creepiness again

Where is the soundtrack? I have heard that there was one, but I don't know where it is!
Last edited by Nightless; Jun 25 @ 9:15am
mookieananas Jun 25 @ 10:32am 
Originally posted by Nightless:
Originally posted by mookieananas:
I listened to the soundtrack now and then just to feel the creepiness again

Where is the soundtrack? I have heard that there was one, but I don't know where it is!

It came with the Humble Bundle that contained the game! I don't know if you can also get it elsewhere...
Showing 1-15 of 44 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50